Came out as apostate to my "friends" today

by cappytan 59 Replies latest members private

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Cappytan, Best of luck!!!

Yes!! Look at it this way. If the gestapo elders disfellowship you, look at this way. It's your ticket to freedom, do whatever you want.

ie, celebrating holidays, etc without ever looking over your shoulder. Look at it as a one way ticket to freedom,, like a one way ticket to a tropical paradise without the need to go back.

• Naoscillator
    Naoscillator

Well done, Cappytan. I'm glad not only that you did what felt right to you, but that you seem to be at peace with whatever happens now. Sounds like your former COBE is a decent guy. And your "friend" who texted you and then ratted you out had sharper pangs of cognitive dissonance than any of the others IMO.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Very good letter. What I like about it is that many times when people leave most people don't really know the reason and are left to presume that you wanted to engage in unchristian conduct, because the organization tells them that it is the only reason people leave. That a Jehovah's Witness would look at all the available evidence and come to the conclusion that it wasn't the truth is almost unfathomable to them. They probably still don't believe it, but hopefully it has given them something to think about. It could be that some of them are already having doubts of their own and you may have planted a seed, you never know.
  • All for show
    All for show
    Congrats Cappy. Sounds like it was the best time for you and your wife. I wish you much love and happiness within your own family now. I wish I had the courage to tell my remaining few and far between 'friends' and family how I really feel.
  • Late Bloomer
    Late Bloomer

Cappytan, I'm in awe of your bravery and I'm sorry that your "friend's" first instinct was to shun you and tattle to the elders. And trying to turn your wife against you, too? Unbelievable. They don't sound like the live-and-let-live type so good for you for having the foresight to move your family before the SHTF.

Good luck in Florida, which has a special kind of crazy all its own, but at least there are plenty of beaches.

• kairos
    kairos

I'll tell you, that update with the COBE had me stressed with a lump in my throat.

Looks like the coast is clear.

Live a JW free life.

EPIC FADE

• mana11
    mana11

Congrats, now you are free!

Don't look back - look forward!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Love it Cappy! Sorry so much drama surrounded it, taking me all the way back to my similar experience just this year. Leave them behind and forge ahead with your new life. Be open with everyone you meet and find new friends. I'm sorry you're going through this but proud of you for being authentic. It takes guts.
  • Question_Mans_interpretation
    Question_Mans_interpretation
    Wow thanks for sharing. That was a very well written letter, and the reactions are, of course, sad. Jw friendship only goes so deep.
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    Again, thanks for all the support and encouragement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit