Came out as apostate to my "friends" today

by cappytan 59 Replies latest members private

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Great letter Cappytan- it's open, honest and respectful without getting too much into detail, giving just enough so that they know you didn't make your decision lightly. As another poster stated, you left the door open for some to ask questions if they want.

I hope to one day have the courage write a similar one.

• Kick50r
    Kick50r

Congratulations for having the determination , the courage , for both of you have truly listened to your conscience and acted on it. The letter is just spot on.

Kindness to others blinded, but ruthless against the policy they defend.

I am sincerely very happy for both, although I am sorry you had to move, but I trust it was the result of serious consideration.

cappytan and wife 1 / Fraudulent Corporation 0 . You guys won ^^

Take Care and all the happiness in the world

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    I knew you had the guts to get it done. Screw the fake friends and bullshit "love". All freedom has a price and it takes courage to be willing to pay it. Nicely done bro, much respect!
  • Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Happy for you!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    The move was probably the only thing that will bring peace, no constant reminders of the mistake of getting sucked into such a trap as the JW's are. Enjoy your reclaimed life.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Good job cappy . Enjoy your freedom. Like someone stated above, it is their loss.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

Congrats!

Doc

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

You are very courageous Cappytan. I'm sure if and when some of them become disgruntled enough with the organization, they will come to you to validate their feelings knowing that you have left the door open for future communication.

I did something similar a while back, but i knew most of them would quickly "drop me like a hot coal" just for informing them that I no longer wanted any part of this organization, so i made sure to give them a few "spiritual nuggets" to chew over while they were busy shunning me. I didn't want any of them to be able to start shunning me without knowing the why to my actions.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    Wow. Perfect letter CAPPY. Well done!
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Simon - "As you discovered, they weren't true 'friends'. True friends wouldn't cut you off like that."

Yup.

I was lucky enough to realize that before I'd started fading, which made the fade a little easier.

That being said, I faded - in no small part - because I knew that some of 'em genuinely loved me and would feel very hurt if I openly DAd and made a big deal of it.

I did it for them as much as myself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit