Came out as apostate to my "friends" today

by cappytan 59 Replies latest members private

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo
    Hi anders, thanks. I was hung up for a while on the thought that only witnesses are preaching worldwide until I learned about the Jesus film project and other preaching campaigns on jwfacts.com. A powerful moment for me.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

WOW!

Well done.....I'm in awe of your courage!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Cappy that's very sad to hear, that most started shunning you straight away. You didn't even attempt to tell them the specifics of your views but they dropped you like a hot coal.

It used to be that the definition of an apostate was someone who tried to form a sect and 'lead people off after themselves'. Not anymore, just saying you no longer believe is enough for them to reject you, just the cult's way of stopping people coming accross any information that could make them think.

Sorry this is difficult for you but you and your wife can make it together like my husband and I did. Help each other and you will make new friends eventually.

• Zoos
    Zoos

If you absolutely *have* to know why we’ve made this decision, I’d be willing to talk about that privately.

This was a good idea. At some point, most JWs are going to have doubts and want to ask questions. You left the door open to them for them to use you as a sounding board.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Cappy - admiration and best wishes in equal measure for you and your wife. Your courage is an example to us all.
  • KateWild
    KateWild

I am so sorry you're friends have blocked you. They are indoctrinated and don't know really what's right and wrong.

It's nice you have kept the door open and you say you will be there for them.

You planned your exit well. All the best to your wife and kids.

Kate xx

• cofty
    cofty

Best wishes Cappytan.

It takes me back 20 years. No regrets

• Sail Away
    Sail Away
    So happy for you and your family, Sean. Freedom from this organization is worth the price. I've been out for four and a half years and have intermittent contact with only one JW friend. This week we had a birthday party for our grandson who was a year old, and we celebrated Christmas as a family. It was my first Christmas since I was eight, my husband's first ever and my daughter's first with her own tree in her own home. Our son joined us from the States by Face Time, so we could open presents together-- three generations free is a beautiful thing! Enjoy your new life!
  • Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    Fantastic letter. It's obvious it came from your heart. I wish you and your family the best during this transition.
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    its good that you and your good lady came out together Capt, shame I couldn't say the same

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit