by cappytan 59 Replies latest members private

• cappytan
    cappytan

Here's what I wrote:

[removed]

• Simon
    Simon

Chin up bud, their loss.

As you discovered, they weren't true "friends". True friends wouldn't cut you off like that.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

CAPPYTAN:

That was very courageous of you and I'm glad you are in a position to do this. If I were to do this it would positively crush a few people with emotional problems, so it's not for me... But, I'm glad YOU did.

The text answer you got from somebody saying "the org. isn't perfect but it's as close..etc."...I once had somebody say this to me.

The problem I have with that logic is how can somebody continue there? How BAD does it have to be for somebody to feel they should leave? Do they actually believe that people mistreated or driven mad should stay there?

• kairos
    kairos

Good for you.

When the time comes, as it has, the weight is lifted and the questions, "why didn't I do this sooner"? will follow.

Complete freedom without cult influence is worth it.

Congrats Sean!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

This old ex JW admires you and your wife for the decision you made to get out of this organization at a young age. If you ever make it down to the Fort Myers, Bonita Springs area, give me a holler.

HappyDad

• talesin
    talesin
    Proud of you, and as someone said, chin up! And hell, yeah - congratulations, and well said! xx
  • Lostwun
    Lostwun

Happy and proud of you :) youve done something that I hope to be able to gain the courage to do in the new year 2016. Best wishes to you and remember we are your friends and here to support you.

Lost

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Cappytan:

Well done. Wish you all happiness in your new home and new life.

LongHairGal:

You are only responsible for your own happiness and mental state. Not that you should willingly destroy others, but don't hang around (in) a cult, pausing your life, just to shield others from the negative impact that cult's teachings will have on their feelings. You deserve to be really free.

Of course, I know nothing about you and situation, so you know better than I ;-)

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

Well done! Very brave. I hope that the pain of losing those valued (but unfortunately conditional) friendships is softened by relief of freedom and being true to yourselves.

That crap about "I know jehovahs org isn't perfect, but...." I hear it all the time. So why is it the only organization Jehovah is using brothers, here's their answers:

1. the website - ok have you by any chance looked at the LDS website recently? Remarkably similar.

2. The preaching work - have you ever heard of the Jesus film project? Non denominational story of Christ, Shown to billions of people, translated into 1379 languages and resulting in 200million new Christians.

3. The quality of the teaching - ok, can you explain the generation thing again? And where is that explanation found in the scriptures?

4. The love - frankly it's hard to find someone who hasn't been badly treated in this judgemental, hierarchical organization.

5. The expansion - hmmm, looked at the figures recently? Oh and by the way, buying, selling & building new properties is called real estate commerce, not spiritual expansion.

6. The cleanness Of the congregation.... Oh, ok that will be why there are no child abuse cover up scandals in the Jehovah's Witness organization, not.

sorry, needed a rant. Well done again, hugs to you and your wife xxx

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

TornInTwo

Thanks for your rant as I learned some new stuff to use on my wife.

I guess Jesus saves after all...at least when I use the Jesus Film Project statistics :-D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit