Whats the best internet music file sharing thingy....?

by ScoobySnax 118 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Have been using Morpheus for a couple of years now, and hasn't been too bad at all, got about 400 tracks download. Since gettiing AOL Broadband, the diversity seems to have diminished a bit, either I'm on the wrong DSL provider or Morpheus isn't as good as it used to be. The one I was on previous (can't remember the name now) went totally pearshaped after it got served a writ for using copyrighted material.....anyway, know of any other good music file sharing sites? Cheers Scott

• ballistic
    ballistic

I'm on KaZaa. It's wicked. Not just music files... anything software, games, video. You name it. The only trouble is, it installs spyware on your system at the same time, but most of them do. Apparently there is a new spyware free KaZaa.

• foreword
    foreword

I really don't want to sound rude...again...but...

If you knew how much time, practice and energy a musician or artist has to put into his trade, you would pay for the rights to use their music.

File sharing is just another form of theft.

Please pay for the rights. Think about it, life without music would be damn boring, so contribute financially to this continuous flow of creativity that you enjoy so much. Most musicians hold daytime jobs while working on their music. They do it out of love for music, so if you love music give back.

If you disagree, well in that case, why don't you come work for me without renumeration for a while, I'd really love to have you around.

mark

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Thanks Mark...... I appreciate your concern too, but don't have much time for the greed of record companies that wanna charge me £15.99 for a cd, that costs just a fraction of the price, and have no concern themselves for "royalties". If its any help, its not from "fledgling" artists I download from , only those well established, who live in mansions, and surely can tolerate file sharing sites due to there already enormous wealth. Greed is prevalent in the industry, I feel strongly that ordinary people have this right to d/l on then net, music that they love. Sincerely. Scott

• be wise
    be wise

I use Limewire, it does the job. You can download music, films and basically anything, although I'm not sure where it stands with spyware.

• betweenworlds
  • foreword
    foreword

I will bite my tongue on this one, and bite and bite.

If I were to respond to that post, well, I'll just leave it at that.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Foreword,

I am with you completely. The Internet has spawned a generation who have been trained to view music as a free commodity. It is not free. As somebody involved in this industry, the vast ignorance of people using 'greedy record companies' as the excuse that they need to steal music that does not belong to them raises my ire.

Record companies may indeed be greedy, I have very little time for them and most of the large ones these days are run by crass and ignorant young people. Some of the smaller ones that I know of do a tremendous work and I can assure you are not motivated by greed but by a respect of music and musicians. However, do people appreciate just how much of the money that they pay for a CD actually falls into the hands of the musicians? They hurt, not the record companies, who abandon the musician and move onto the next human investment, but the very musicians whose music they admire. If they steal the music via the Internet, they do not buy the CD, if they do not buy the CD the musician does not eat. As it is, is $15.99, which is less that the cost of low quality bottle of wine too much to ask for a CD which will last for many years and often contain music that you may still be enjoying in thirty years time?

HS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

PS - Any music that I have linked to this site in the past has been done so with express permission either from the artists themselves or the companies that represent them.

HS

• avishai
    avishai
    Thanks Mark...... I appreciate your concern too, but don't have much time for the greed of record companies that wanna charge me £15.99 for a cd, that costs just a fraction of the price, and have no concern themselves for "royalties". If its any help, its not from "fledgling" artists I download from , only those well established, who live in mansions, and surely can tolerate file sharing sites due to there already enormous wealth. Greed is prevalent in the industry, I feel strongly that ordinary people have this right to d/l on then net, music that they love. Sincerely. Scott

ZOIKS!!!! Gee, scoob, I would think after all your talk about how great god, the jw's etc. are that you would'nt steal, or you atleast would follow Caesars law. I feel stumbled

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit