Number of Muslims protesting London terrorist attack = ZERO. Number of Muslims protesting forced Mosque closure in France = HUNDREDS

by kpop 233 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bohm
    bohm
    Once again, it's intellectually dishonest to claim Islam is being currently reformed when you can count reformers on the fingers of your hands and these people need police protection to stop Muslims from killing them.

Well, wanna bet 100$ I can find more than 10 Muslim reformers?

The reformation of Christianity in medieval times also started with few people. Anyway, my claim was that there are Muslim moderates. Since you describe Nawaz as, in your words, "a Sunni Muslim who is reformed", this seems to hold up.

That I agree with Ali that reform should be a key component in combatting Islamic extremism, and you believe that it should have a greater focus on military and working with Putin, is not really something we are going to settle. I wonder how such a military strategy should be carried out in practice, i.e. who should be invaded and in which order (Iran, Iraq, Saudi-Arabia, Marocco, Indonesia, ...) but I am becoming too tired of this discussion to really ask: military and bombs it is. I wonder if you imagine that you yourself will fight in these wars, or it is better left for others.

A first step in the Putin strategy could be to ask Putin to sometimes deliver defective weapons to anti-US insurgents:

http://www.npr.org/2017/02/13/515020244/why-is-russia-helping-anti-u-s-insurgents-in-afghanistan

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/putin-may-be-supplying-taliban-general-says/

• Caedes
    Caedes

1) Nobody here is saying to kill anybody because of their religion; shameful of you to even suggest such a thing.

Swords and bullets, military strength, is the only thing Islam understands or respects.

I just think it's idiotic. If someone is vowing to kill you and thinks you should be wiped out, I am all for shooting them in their beardy faces first.

Quoted from this thread.

Personally I have no problem with the military being used against ISIS, and perhaps Simon has a more nuanced view of this than his posts suggest but please don't suggest that this thread does not have very hawkish tone when the quotes are there to see.

Let's have a look at your claim in your OP that no muslims were protesting and when shown evidence your comment is;

Hashtags, vigils, candles. We've had this before, dozen times already. Did it do anything?

What will you say when the next terror attack occurs? More hashtags? More candles? More Facebook profile filters?

Make your mind up, have you seen none or dozens? If they are so ineffectual then why are you complaining that muslims don't do them?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I can find more than 10 Muslim reformers - yes, you probably can. And I'd hazard a guess that their lives are also in danger.

Another issue is that there are probably more bloodthirsty jihadists than there are modernisers/reformers - jihadists certainly have a louder voice and more power within the Muslim world..

my claim was that there are Muslim moderates - yes, there are Muslim moderates.

They have no real voice in the Islamic world and are getting threatened and killed on a daily basis by their co-religionists.

Since you describe Nawaz as, in your words, "a Sunni Muslim who is reformed", this seems to hold up - Nawaz is a reformed person who is also a Sunni Muslim, certainly. The fact he needs round the clock police protection from his coreligionists suggests that, at best, Islam has only just started to be reformed. How far it will get along that road is difficult to say. The situation doesn't look very promising.

I maintain that it's too early at present to say that Islam is undergoing an enlightenment that will bring it into the 21st century.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I wonder how such a military strategy should be carried out in practice, i.e. who should be invaded and in which order (Iran, Iraq, Saudi-Arabia, Marocco, Indonesia - you misunderstand me. Military action doesn't necessarily mean invading those countries you've mentioned.

I wonder if you imagine that you yourself will fight in these wars - the chances of that happening are about the same as the chances of you teaming up with Ayaan Hirsi Ali in order to reform Islam peacefully.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit