Suzi Mayhem Outdoes John Cleese

by AlanF 122 Replies latest jw friends

• Focus
    Focus

AlanF opined on May 6, 2001 at 11:25:34 AM:

To BugEye:
    You can't disobey a "Law of Physics". Therefore there are no penalties.

I must weigh into this serious discussion with the observation that AlanF is talking through his hat here!

Correct, instead, is almost the opposite:
    You can't disobey a "Law of Physics". Therefore there are whatever penalties (for disobeying) that anyone can imagine.

For any who do not understand - "every green cow I have seen is one of Jehovah's Witnesses" is a truism; the principle being that of truth in vacuo.

Sorry, AlanF. Homer nodded too, and having to read nonsense like 'c-squared is faster than c' can make one careless.

--
    Focus
    (Feet Class)

• larc
    larc

Alan,

I forgot to answer your question about the book. The title is the equation, "e=mc squared" However, the title has the exponent, not the word squared. I can't do exponents on my webtv keyboard.

• Suzis Ghost
    Suzis Ghost

Tina, and I guess Roaming Feline, to name a few who cried out "Fowl!"

This is the thread that started a lot of the animosity. Where were all the do-gooders when this was posted? Chuck came to my defense, and we got ganged up on. I thank the few who attempted to make it a little bit more laughable with pictures of John cleese (believe me, I love the man)

But can you honestly tell me that our resident "scholars" and "luminaries" had GOOD intentions when this started?
    Poking fun is one thing, starting this entire thread with my user name on it in an attempt to embarass me, well, that's just cruel and mean-spirited. Especially since my oh-so-stupid theory was accepted by the Physics doctors at NYU and I was given the pat on the back treatment by those who have proof of scholarliness, instead of just self-inflicted beliefs of scholarliness.

I hold no grudges any longer (although at the time I will admit it, I was quite a bit upset, I LET IT GO til now. I'm using this to prove a point more than anything), and am now amused by Alan's novellas and JanH's incessant rants, my point is, I accepted them after I realized that their behaviour wasn't intentional.. some people are just born that way.

Sooo.. after all of this, proof in front of you just how mean some folks can be here, kind of makes minor teasing look a lil pale in comparison.

Hopefully my point came across loud and clear. I know how fuzzy my thinking can be sometimes.. lol.

Suzi

And for the last time, I AM NOT CHUCK, fight whatever battles you have with HIM, and don't take it out on me, thanks.
    If you need MORE proof, here ya go, here's me:

For the love... IS IT ICE YET???!!!

• AlanF
    AlanF

As clueless as ever, you are I see, Suzi honey.

The "physics doctors" at NYU were patting you on the head, much as they do with their Bonsai Kittens.

If you wanted to drop this, you should have.

Reread the first post. It was largely a joke. It said so in the middle and at the end.

After a few years of living with DC, and applying the Bible principle of "iron sharpens iron", the two of you will be real sharp edges.

AlanF

• ros
    ros

Got a dumb? question:

Considering Einstein's equation E=Mc^2, why is it so often that people refer to the mass as approaching, equalling, or merely surpassing the speed of light?
    Mass traveling at the speed of light squared would be travelling IMMENSELY faster than light. What am I missing?
    What I have always simplistically thought it meant is that mass cannot travel at that speed and remain mass. I realize a scientific discussion of it would go far beyond that simple premise, but then E=Mc^2 is the simple version, too. :)

• larc
    larc

Ros,

The constant "C" is the speed of light. The equation indicates the relationship between mass and energy. When mass is converted into energy, a very tiny amount of mass will be converted into a huge amount of energy, as in atom bombs and the energy released by the sun.

As I understand it, the speed at which something is moving is not related to the equation, but is related to Einstein's theory of relativity. Also, I as understand it, nothing can go faster than the speed of light.

Humor time: Also, as I understand it, no one can stop the Duke of Earl, Duke, Duke, Duke of Earl, Duke, Duke. I know this hit from the 50's violates the laws of physics, and is considered a misdeamor in most states, and in parts of the UK.

Hi Ho Silver Awaaaaay.....

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

"Sooo.. after all of this, proof in front of you just how mean some folks can be here, kind of makes minor teasing look a lil pale in comparison. "

Yeah, how mean some people can be, dredging up threads that died over a month ago, trying to stir up a little more illwill so a nasty argument can drag on a few more days. Not holding grudges generally means not bringing up the old subjects, FYI. How meanspirited of you!

You little nitwits and your trolling games are disgusting. Suzi Creamcheese and whatever other alter-egos your little unholy trinity wanna manufacture are one of the snottier boils on this board's butt. ALl this oneupmanship is getting to be a HUGE yawner.

Go pick your pimples or something useful like that. You're acting like the poster kid for birth control.

• Suzis Ghost
    Suzis Ghost

Alan,

I was using this thread as an example of some of the "jokes" made about me. Thanks for proving my point yet again.

As to the Physics profs, HON, I guess you don't realise I'm an edumacated woman.. ;)

There was a case brought up on another thread about why I was such a bitch... well... now I guess we all know why I'm just slightly adversarial when someone posts to me..but I'm woman enough to say, 'hey, no sir, I did not like that'. and at least make an attempt to fend for myself... A damsel in distress (or is it estrus?)
    I am not...

Again, thanks for being that ever so charming fella that you are and supporting yet another one of my arguments by demonstration. SMOOOCHIES!!! You keep this up and they're gonna start thinking we're married, for gawd's sake! And WHAT will Chuck say??? Quick! Hide, before he gets in the room and reads this!!! ;)

Suzi
    Who is not Bugs Bunny, but when dealing with Alan, often feels like the rascally rabbit. :) And who sez I can't appreciate a GOOD joke (I emphasize the word GOOD, since it seems the humor here is more akin to the bad humor of a christmas dinner with my mother's side of the family)

For the love... IS IT ICE YET???!!!

• larc
    larc

Suzi,

Couple a questions: What's this physics thing you are talking about? I am sure you wrote about it before, but I would prefer not to read through this long, dreary thread to find it. Could you refresh my memory?

Second question: why did you bring this back up after six weeks? So, someone made fun of you. So what? I don't understand why you want to stir the pot one more time.

As you can see, the thread had turned in other directions, talk of science, my research and such. Seems to me that a bunch of us were ready to let it go and move on. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

• DCs Ghost
    DCs Ghost

Hey Ros
    in answer to your question. . . .

E=MC^2
    is a conversion formula developed by Einstein in 1905, in a nut shell these are the components of the formula. . . . and a very concise history as to its development. . . .over the course of a few centuries. . . . .

E
    Faraday(1800's) found a similarity between magnetic fields and electric currents. . .and how they cold be converted
    lacking formal education he went against the grain of the school of thought at the time and proposed circular flow as opposed to simply linear flow of current
    His contribution connected the way the 2 forces were perceived and established a relationship between the 2 which led to the Law of Conservation of Energy which was taught to Einstein in school and to which he disagreed with . . .

M
    Lavoiser(late 1700's) based on an experiment that involved weighing metal as it collected rust, he pioneered the way for the advancement of the Law of the Conservation of Mass.
    His contribution helped to show that there was an interconnection between physical objects and regardless what was done to a substance and how it was disposed of either by burning, crushing etc. it would not disappear, though the object changed physically, somehow the Mass remained the same.

So during the !800's everyone was taught that Energy was one thing and Mass was another. if you deleted something in either of the 2 realms then something would pop up to replace what was missing. . . .

C
    this is simply the speed of light 186,000 mps
    what this means. . .
    London to LA in .05 of a second
    why C? as homage to the Latin word Celeritas.
    During the 1600's science flourished in Italy.
    Galileo was the first to clearly conceive and experiment with the idea of measuring the speed of light, Cassini and Roemer figured it out correctly though history favors Roemer. . .

Forward to Faraday. . . late in life he meets a man by the name of Maxwell who in time lfigured out that light "leapfrogged" electricity over magnetic field in a continuous cycle. . .
    because of this effect , light is a physical process that cannot be exceeded, electricity out of magnetism and then magnetism out of electricity on infinity, light will shoot away from anything that is trying to catch up with it. . .

Enter Einstein, during the 1890's his professor refused to teach what Maxwell had discovered, though Maxell's contribution was already established and taught as truth. . .Einstein not pleased with his professors approach began cutting class and developing his own theories. . .

will continue on the next window. . . .to finalize the explanation hope this helps so far. . .
    will be back shortly

DC

"New Way, What's this about a new way???"---Alex, Clockwork Orange

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit