Suzi Mayhem Outdoes John Cleese

by AlanF 122 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Whoa, whoa, WHOA!

Alan you said

....and understands that he has to set a context, and that setting a wrong context is diametrically opposed to rational discussion.

Geeez man! Could it be that I have been getting involved in arguments with someone who has no use for, perhaps even has a style that is, "opposed to", rational discussion????

Yikes, he's right. I am an idiot.

• larc
    larc

DC and Suzi,

I have attempted to be an objective reader of this long and dreary thread, and I have come to a couple conclusions. You have met someone who knows a whole lot more about physics than you do, Alan F. You have also met someone who knows more about copyright law than you do, SixofNine.

Also, you seem have all this resentment about ridicule that you feel has been heaped upon you. Why don't you just lick your wounds, get over it, move on, and talk about something productive.

Now, if you want to stay in the anger mode, you can direct it to toward Larc for awhile.

Have a nice day.

• AlanF
    AlanF

To Suzi:

Thanks for the words about soy and such. My wife eats it regularly. I'll take you up on that tofu recipe, if you don't mind. We love good hot & sour soup. My email is not locked.

As for your "funny" way of expressing yourself, yeah, I guess you and everyone else has to live with it. :-) It takes awhile for people on these discussion boards to get used to each other. A lot of us have a lot of history with each other, which is not evident to newbies. That's why a lot of things go unsaid. Been there, done that and all.

A few words about style and substance (I'm not directing this at you, Suzi, but at anyone who can see in themselves what I'm about to say):

Most of the people on this board are ex-Jehovah's Witnesses. As such they've had a bellyfull of style over substance. Most can detect pretentiousness a mile off. They hate it. I especially hate pretentiousness, and even more so when it's coupled with obvious ignorance. The leaders of JWs are the epitome of pretentiousness because they literally put themselves on a pedestal, informing the world that the only way anyone can get God's approval is by listening to and giving absolute loyalty to them. They're ignorant because they publish all sorts of nonsense about all sorts of topics. Combine their ignorance and pretentiousness and what do you have? The Watchtower organization. Even that wouldn't be so bad except that they put teeth into their requirement of loyalty to them by disfellowshipping and shunning anyone who challenges their authority. That has ruined countless families, and it makes people ripping mad.

Naturally this distaste for ignorant pretentiousness will spill over into areas besides those related to JWs. Naturally, a board like this, which is specifically oriented towards discussion of JWs and JW issues, will see discussions about non-JW-related topics. So when participants who have a distaste for pretentiousness see it in any discussion, they may well comment, and comment strongly. And when that pretentiousness is accompanied by an inability to get facts straight, a lot of folks will try to beat it down, just as they like to beat down the ignorant pretentiousness of the Jehovah's Witness Governing Body.

AlanF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit