Did Jeruselm fall in 587 or 586 BCE?

by Doug Mason 277 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

I used to love talking about this topic. It’s been years since I’ve wasted any time on it.

The celebrated WT scholars are unknown and unknowable.

whhhat.... the... fork? Was this an org phrase that I missed? Or did you make that up just now?

scholar JW emeritus

Emeritus?

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Scholar wrote: "WT Chronology in connection with the doctrine of the Gentile Times ending in 1914 CE is well based on Daniel 4 attested by Luke 21:24."

Inserting "well based" into a point that fundamentally has no base does not make it anymore believable and thus you prove my point with your very words. You're attempt at connecting Luke 21:24 to Daniel 4 only works through a forced eisegesis. The rest of your comment is just blather regarding my typo in confusing "weeks" with "years"

The point remains: there is no reason to apply a secondary interpretation to the vision in Daniel chapter 4 other than through gymnastics of the mind, a sport Watchtowerites frequently play by connecting bible passages that are, in exegesis, unconnected.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Since scholar JW emeritus is a delusional nutter, I would strongly suggest people leave this brainwashed idiot to his delusions.

Who knows maybe he's even counting time in service on this thread ??? .

What he's standing up for is solely complacent on the basis of the prophesy in the book of Jeremiah, 70 years etc. blaa blaa blaa

The doctrine propagated by the crooked novice bible scholars who ran the Watchtower Corporation.

Remember the ones who sold Pyramidology to the public and claimed they were the Faithful Slave, yes those ones

• scholar
    scholar

Sanchy

No base for the Gentile Times, really!! What about the tree vision in Daniel 4 which is centred on God's Kingdom which after all is a major theme for the OT and NT. The connection of Luke 21:24 with Daniel 4 is not forced eisegesis but simply exegesis at its. best or best practice. If you have a better interpretation of Daniel 4 then please present it.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

MeanMrmustard

Are you not pleased that you have just now learnt about the celebrated WT scholars?

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Finkelstein

I thought you were in retreat or had retreated. Not wise to play with scholar for scholar likes to play.

scholar JW

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

No, just not interested in discussing topics with brainwashed delusional idiots like JWS.

Anyone who thinks because they are a devoted member of the JWS/WTS publishing cult, that therefore makes them actual bible scholars, isn't worth discussing anything within the parameters of intellectual honesty.

Trolling JWS apostate web sites and talking to ex-jws is wrong and could get you into a lot of trouble with the elders of your hall, so why dont you piss off and get ready for this Sunday's meeting.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

MeanMrmustard

Are you not pleased that you have just now learnt about the celebrated WT scholars?

scholar JW

I am pleased, comrade. These unknown, and unknowable, scholars have descended upon us, like a slow stagnant heavy fart.

The world is dying to know, are you:

scholar JW, emeritus

or

scholar, JW emeritus

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Scholar wrote: "The connection of Luke 21:24 with Daniel 4 is not forced eisegesis but simply exegesis at its. best or best practice."

This is either blatant dishonesty or willful ignorance of what exegesis means. The vision described in Dan 4 never mentions anything regarding the "gentile times" mentioned in Luke; thus, to connect the two passages can only be done through eisegesis, which is exactly what WT, and you, are doing in this case

Scholar wrote: "If you have a better interpretation of Daniel 4 then please present it."

This is simple, as the interpretation is clearly written within the very chapter, by Daniel himself, as it aplies to Nebuchadnezzar. There is no need for a secondary forced interpretation, nor does the chapter suggest any secondary meaning.

• scholar
    scholar

Sanchy

So if the tree vision only applies to Nebuchadnezzar then how do you understand the seven times as applied to Nebuchadnezzar?

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit