Question to shunned persons

by HesterPryne 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    "Praise Jah, There has been 'New Light" and we can associate with you again!"....

What would you say or do?

1. First of all, I DA'd, so I will decide if they can associate with me again.

2. If the only reason someone associates with me is because the Watchtower says it's ok, then I don't want such people in my life. As soon as the watchtower changes its mind again, they'll be gone.

Walter

• Larry
    Larry

Honestly, I'm not trying to be the bigger person. IF the BORG changed their rules I still would avoid my family. I'm not at that level of forgiving and forgetting - maybe when I'm in my 60's. Too much pain and disrespect for me to turnover.

Peace - LL :)

• Sassy
    Sassy

well I know my mother feels bad that she shouldn't associate with me.. and I have one friend who has recently been contacting me a little any way (although I am not sure if it is just because she needs me right now)... but if they could talk to me without repurcussion, I would be very happy....

but those rules are never going to change...

• Corvin
    Corvin
    If your Jehovah's Witness relatves came to you and said....

"Praise Jah, There has been 'New Light" and we can associate with you again!"....

What would you say or do?

I would say, "Aunt Esther, I am sorry, but you are a member of a religious cult and I cannot talk to you until you are disfellowshipped."

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

IMO, Shunning is childish. It's saying, "If you don't play the way *I* want you to, I'm going to take my toys and go home and never speak to you again."

All the WTS policies that yo-yo back and forth like shunning and the blood issue, scream/don't scream, etc. are like a serpent writhing in it's death throes.

The WTS R & F are being yanked around like puppets on a string. "Turn ON your emotions!" "No! Wait! Turn OFF your emotions!" For people to continue to allow themselves to be jerked around in this manner is just overwhelmingly crazy.

The WTS heirarchy doesn't play fair. I'm going to take my toys and go home and never speak to them again.

Frannie

• Cautious Dove
    Cautious Dove

Truthfully, I don't know how I would feel if the WT changed it's unscriptural stance on disfellowshipping. There is a part of me that would like to kiss and make up despite the inhuman way my JW parents have treated me. But another side of me says that this would only encourage their unchristian attitude further. To be honest, I'm not even sure I know HOW to feel anymore because shunning messed with my emotions so much that I have had to adapt to survive. Unfortunately, in my case, "adapting" has meant becoming emotionally numb. So I would probably just look blank and say nothing. I certianly couldn't get excited about it.

• bearish
    bearish

whatever the wt decides to do and whatever the followers of that group want to do is their business and has no implications on MY actions. As far as I am concerned I rejected their teachings deeming them a cult and decided to shun them, not the other way around, they are bad association and I dont want to get contaminated by their twisted thinking, so, not much would change, The way i see it is like this. If the neighbour next door was disrespectful to my wife or kids for a long time and we avoided him, his coming over with a peace offering and all manner of obsequiousness wouldnt change a thing, his earlier actions will still warrant a very skeptical attitude from my family and I. In the case of the WT, the followers are still full of twisted thinking and we dont have anything in common.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit