Scriptures That Don’t Fit WT Theology

by Sea Breeze 76 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Blotty
    Blotty

Punk of nice:
    Well I apologise if that came off passive aggressive - not my intention in the least, my piint being Im stil working on what I said I would, I am a person of my word

TTYF:
    I don't think you are providing all the information to readers here, you have left off quite abit mentioned by people like AT Robertson, information that disputes your claim (most trinitarians themselves)

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Blotty, millions of Christians reject the modern textual critism pioneered by the spiritists & unsaved bible critics - Wescott & Hort.

A. T. Robertson descended from their textual apparatus.

• Blotty
    Blotty

Sea breeze, I see that opinion alot, yet that is also a fallacy

Takes only a little bit of googling to find out why I say this

Note I said "like" there are more many more infact

an interesting post written by Edgar Foster on the Westcott and Hort texts:
    https://fosterheologicalreflections.blogspot.com/2019/10/stanley-porter-assesses-westcott-and.html

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Blotty,

In addition to Westcott and Hort dabbling in spiritism while they were doing their "bible corrections", Sinaiticus and Vaticanus and the few manucripts based on them are rejected by many scholars for many good reasons.

There have always been two streams of manuscripts. One group (about 90%) enjoy a 99% agreement between each other. The other group is characterized as descending from Alexandrian origin, which was a hotbed of heresy from early on. They only represent about 10% of extant manuscripts.

It is estimated that Sinaiticus and Vaticanus disagree with each other at least 7000 times. These disagreements are not minor but involve major omissions and doctrinal conflicts of scripture. Just in the gospels alone there are the following number of disagreements between these two:

Matthew 656
    Mark 567
    Luke 791
    John 1022

Total Gospel Disagreements Between Vaticanus and Sinaiticus 3036 +

Hundreds of overwrites, scratch-outs and multiple writers over many centuries, makes these two manuscripts (and those based on them) unreliabel as well. So, it is not surprising that critical text adherents disagree with each other.

Majority Text Bibles Available Today Include:

1. King James Version - KJV

2. King James Version ER (Easy Reader) - KJV - ER

3. New King James Version - NKJV

4. Modern English Version - MEV

5. Green's Literal Translation - GLT

6. Third Millennium Bible - TMB

7. New Cambridge Paragraph Bible - 2005 edition of the KJV (paragraph format with modernized spelling)

8. 21st Century King James Bible

I have little hesitancy using critical text modern versions for reference purposes. I know where most of the problem deletions and interpolations are. But, when it comes to distilling sound doctrine, I recommend a textus receptus (TR) based bible.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

The wages of sin is death, but the GIFT of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Blotty, I am only listing scriptures that are in keeping with the tread. If you want to open a trinitarian tread, I will reply.

That said

Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you? If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy him. For God’s temple is holy, and you are that temple.

This says that God [the Father] dwells in believers.

And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.

This says that HE, the holy ghost, dwells in believers.

I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me.

This passage says that Jesus dwells in believers.

TTWSYF

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

(Galatians 3:16) Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. It says, not: “And to seeds,” as in the case of many [144,000] such, but as in the case of one: “And to your seed,” who is Christ.

re chap. 2 p. 12 par. 13 - Would the woman’s seed be simply one prominent person? They [the 144,00] become a secondary part of the seed, Christ Jesus being the primary part.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Does not fit JW theology is non other than:

John 1:1,, they had to insert ''a" ,,,in order for it to work.

Or

Ephesians 2: 8,9

It is by "grace'" you are saved. The word "grace" is totally scrubbed from the JW vocabulary!!

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. Romans 4: 3-4

Offending God & racking up more sin debt by working for your salvation definitely does not fit WT theology.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Justified by grace alone (works excluded)

Romans 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Romans 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more by works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Ephesians 2:4-9 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Titus 3:4-7 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit