Scriptures That Don’t Fit WT Theology

by Sea Breeze 76 Replies latest watchtower bible

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The Watchtower Corporation(tm) claims that Jesus and Michael the Archangel are one an the same.

What about: Hebrews 1:5? I quote from their own corrupt cult propaganda version.........

For example, to which one of the angels did God ever say: “You are my son; today I have become your father”? And again: “I will become his father, and he will become my son”?

Even their own corporation version contradicts the 'Michael' JW garbage.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Psalm 103:12 He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west. God may forgive the sins, but JW keep a record of it and even decide if you are repentant or not. ( some have tried for years to be reinstated )

• Gman2001
    Gman2001

Revelation 7:9

Great Crowd is in heaven in front of the throne

Revelation 14:4
    144,000 are Male Jews..all virgins

• Blotty
    Blotty

PunkofNice:
    (sidenote: Im compiling those links I promised, just making sure most bases are covered, since you dont seem to just want to do a simple google search for scholarly articles)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UMlzoo0Sps&ab_channel=NWTDefended

see this video ^: Heb 1:5 does NOT negate Jesus being the archangel in the least - it negates him being "fully" God tho as why is Paul comparing God to the Angels? and trying to point out is superiority to them? seems pointless no matter how you look at it.. (Too some degree, I can still find other holes in it, but my comment below still stands)

The Heb 1:5 argument has been refuted numerous times to quite a large extent..

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I Cor 6:3 Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life! .....if Jesus is Michael, the arch angel, then would that not place "anointed" as judges of Jesus? how would that make sense?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Blotty - since you dont seem to just want to do a simple google search for scholarly articles

How passive aggressive of you.

Im compiling those links

How quaint. Compile away. I'm not here to 'compile'. An if it's so 'simple' as you say, don't be rude about it. Just do it yourself. I'm not here to puke Bible critique. I responded to the OP, not you

That it doesn't fit in with your view is fine. I really don't care. It's less than meaningless to me.

I do have better things to do. Just don't be so rude, please.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Who raised Jesus?

New International Version
    Paul, an apostle--sent not from men nor by a man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead.

and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead--Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath.

These 2 passages say that God raised Jesus from the dead.

And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.

This passage says that the Holy Ghost raised Jesus.

The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life--only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

This passage says that Jesus raised himself.

TTWSYF

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"Jesus said, “Come to Me and I will give you rest”.Why did Jesus command us to go to him and not Jehovah?"

Because you can't come to Jehovah without coming to Jesus first. Doesn't everyone know how that works?

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"Revelation 7:9 Great Crowd is in heaven in front of the throne"

No, in front of the throne is not in heaven because it says there were palm branches in their hands. There are no palm branches in heaven. I've not seen any there.

"Revelation 14:4 144,000 are Male Jews..all virgins"

No, it does not say they are Jews. They are from the 12 tribes. Judah is only one tribe, which as that time means nothing because in 96 CE, Israel meant nothing.

It is symbolic also virginity was symbolic. It does not say they are males. It says they did not defile themselves with women; in fact, they are virgins. How do you get male out of that?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Galatians 1:6-9 NWT

6 I am amazed that you are so quickly turning away from the One who called you with Christ’s undeserved kindness to another sort of good news. 7 Not that there is another good news; but there are certain ones who are causing you trouble and wanting to distort the good news about the Christ. 8 However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to you as good news something beyond the good news we declared to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, I now say again, Whoever is declaring to you as good news something beyond what you accepted, let him be accursed. NWT

“Let the honest-hearted person compare the kind of preaching of the gospel of the Kingdom done by the religious systems of Christendom during all the centuries with that done by Jehovah’s Witnesses since the end of World War I in 1918. They are not one and the same kind. WT 1981 5/1 pp.17-18

“What vital thing has now been added to the good news of the kingdom of God that Jesus Christ and his zealous apostles used to preach nineteen hundred years ago? This, namely, the birth of God’s Messianic kingdom in the heavens at the end of the Gentile Times in 1914. And after the ensuing war in the invisible heavens and the ouster of Satan the Devil and his demons from heaven and down to earth, this announcement was sounded forth, to be added to the good news, as stated in Revelation 12:9-12:” WT 67 12/15 pp. 758

"That issue of The Watch Tower further stated: "in 1920,...Bible Students came to a correct understanding of our Lord's prophecy contained in Matthew 24:14. They then realized that 'this gospel' which was to be preached in all the world for a testimony to the Gentiles or all nations, was not a gospel of a kingdom yet to come but a gospel to the effect that the Messianic King has begun his reign over the earth."WT Feb 1, 2006 p.25

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit