Scriptures That Don’t Fit WT Theology

by Sea Breeze 76 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Rev. 9 - I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

Dead souls talking and being conscious is definitely a No No in WT. theology.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Any others?

Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all

26 And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing. 27 For God “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that this does not include the One who subjected all things to him. 28 But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

This is a biggie

John 5;22-23

New International Version
    Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him.

This passage states that Jesus is equal to God AND if you don't accept that, then you are not honoring the Father.

John 5;18

For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

This scripture passage states unequivocally that Jesus stated himself equal to God.

John 10;33

"We are not stoning you for any good work," they replied, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."

Another passage where Jesus explicitly claims divinity.

ttwsyf

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

It is amazing how ones cherry pick what they want to or want you to believe, without taking in the context of surrounding verses or the Bible as a whole. ( I see lots of examples on this topic, but won't bore you ......)

• LostintheFog1999
    LostintheFog1999

It reminds me of an older elder who used to stress repeatedly in his public talks that the Christian Greek Scriptures were only written for those who had a hope of getting to heaven. The Hebrew Scriptures were written for the Jews/Israelites only.

And OT and NT were only in the Bible as guidelines or as interesting background to those with an earthly hope.

Made me wonder why we even bothered reading it at the time.

He was great fun, sadly he died after getting Alzheimer's about a decade ago.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Enough is enough, I agree with you that cherry, picking scriptures and taking them out of context, is an awful way to make a point. It’s blatant lying when it’s taken out of context. Are there any scriptural examples in particular that you were referring to from this thread?

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

1 Corinthians 12;9-11

to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.

These passages say that the Holy Ghost distributes gifts as HE determines.

ttwsyf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit