Did You Care About The Royal Wedding?

by minimus 63 Replies latest jw friends

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Does jehovah recognise the authority of pagan wedding ceremonies?

If yes then even He is subject to the authority of paganism.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    It was a grand ceremony of the rich elite to show just how rich and elite they are.
    I am of British descent but I'm not a Royalist.

Monarchy is good for the UK. The monarch has no political axe to grind and can speak out for the people in her weekly meetings with the Prime minister. Also she's totally self-funding. She's inherited massive land-holdings and retains just 15% of the income from those holdings. The rest goes to the UK Treasury.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    ShephardlessThere was a white horse out the front to the left, that was clearly playing up and on the verge of bolting due to crowd noise. It was stressful watching it, because I thought it was going to break at any moment, doing who knows what. Superb work by the horseman to keep it in control. It seemed to me the cavalry in front and the whole procession sped up to try and get through it all. You could see one of them regularly looking back, probably to monitor the situation.

Oooo yes that's what I found fascinating. Phew. Well done that chap but those horses go through so much training and don't get a job like that without being pretty trustworthy. I'm wondering if it was a health problem?

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I stopped caring about the royals in 1776.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

To me, it means absolutely nothing. Those who were distracted by this event probably didn't notice gas prices starting to go up and food prices heading that direction. Instead of watching this waste of time, you would have been better off going to an online precious metals dealer and loading up on physical silver. As Neptune has passed 9 Pisces, every minute you have to buy silver now is on borrowed time.

How much? As a baseline, I advise people to buy two rolls of Roosevelt silver dimes (average circulated), one roll of Washington silver quarters (again, average circulated is going to get you the most silver for your money), 10-15 one ounce coins (I recommend Eagles or Maple Leafs to start with because you will get more for your money), 10-15 one ounce rounds or stamped bars (poured bars tend to be more expensive), and one 5-ounce bar. If you don't have at least that much and you have money languishing in stocks, you should be spending your rubbish wedding watching time taking some funds out of those stocks and buying the above quantities of silver. You keep the silver.

• minimus
    minimus

My girlfriend thinks it’s a wonderful experience to be able to see the Royals. She said the only reason why I don’t like it it’s because I was raised a Jehovah’s Witness. LOL

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

Diogenesister, my guess is that they didn’t expect the crowd to shriek like it did, or give the horses enough practice in that environment (if you can create that environment in practice). I was watching it on YouTube with no commentary, and the crowd shrieking sounded bizarrely high pitched. I thought the horse on the right nearest the carriage looked a little freaked by it all, as well.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I did some research on the woman and she seems very nice and into humanitarian causes. She’s a lot like his mother and that’s a good thing.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Don't know if this was mentioned but the fact she walked part way by herself indicated she was not property to be given away by a man to another man--- loved it!! She broke the tradition of being owned...She opted instead to walk with her little bridesmaids and the Mulrooney twin boys holding her train.

TL

• Simon
    Simon

It was a nice event and lifts the spirit of the country (both in the UK and North America).

I haven't been a fan of the Royals in the past but I think the new lot are an improvement and can do a lot of good.

It's also worth having a separate head of state than a politician - they get all the trappings of pomp and ceremony (which do promote the country) without a politician taking advantage of those trappings for short-term election uses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit