Did You Care About The Royal Wedding?

by minimus 63 Replies latest jw friends

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

As the red bearded Anglo Saxon husband of a Black woman I loved it. Makes me want California to Calexit into the British Commonwealth! Long live the Duke and Duchess of Sussex! Cheers!🥂🍾

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Depends on whether one is interested in that sort of thing.

Me- I’d Prefer a root canal!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It was a grand ceremony of the rich elite to show just how rich and elite they are.

I am of British descent but I'm not a Royalist.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The American bishop was an embarrassment who went on & on & on & on .

Watching the guests faces as he raved on was classic .Prince harry you could see was not pleased .

I mainly watched the AFL and just saw snippets of the wedding however my wife watched it in another room.

• atomant
    atomant
    Never.
  • Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

I throughly enjoyed watching as it was very pleasant and a clear day in england and was a trump free zone.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

I wouldn’t call myself a royal watcher, but the wedding was beautiful to watch (I caught it later on) and I wish the couple the best...Everything must have been carefully planned down to the last detail - that long train not getting caught on anything - all those protocols, etc.

I can only imagine the staggering amounts of money spent. Everything so beautiful...a feast for the eyes.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

What wedding? Where?

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

I was watching it only because I felt I had to, to be culturally aware, and then only because someone else reminded me.

The American bishop was an embarrassment who went on & on & on & on .
    Watching the guests faces as he raved on was classic

Oh it was hilarious! The Brits do the dignified decorum extremely well, even if it is a bit stuffy and boring. And then that preacher! Hilarious watching everyone in the crowd trying to maintain a straight face, knowing they were being filmed. My favourite line was when he said:

I did not cross the Atlantic by walking on water.

I loved the way that near the end, the preacher seemed to go quiet, like he was about to finish, a few times, only to go into another crescendo. I think that just freaked out the audience more.

The other thing that was interesting was the open carriage trip. There was a white horse out the front to the left, that was clearly playing up and on the verge of bolting due to crowd noise. It was stressful watching it, because I thought it was going to break at any moment, doing who knows what. Superb work by the horseman to keep it in control. It seemed to me the cavalry in front and the whole procession sped up to try and get through it all. You could see one of them regularly looking back, probably to monitor the situation.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Never -

Wanna help me sharpen my guillotines?

Come the revolution!

Off with their heads!

Power to the people!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit