Did You Care About The Royal Wedding?

by minimus 63 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I don’t get it. Who really cares? In the USA, it’s such a huge newsworthy event. 😴

• poopie
    poopie

The preacher talked about love

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

I watched it. Not because I care but because I enjoy the shared vibe of happiness and excitement. Also eye candy :-D

Bonus points for having my pimi wife watch the whole 'false religious' service which she seemed to enjoy...

• minimus
    minimus

I think the bride is beautiful! But who cares about the Royals getting married? The American response perplexes me

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

NO !! I don't get it either why all the news outlets here in U.S. covered the wedding like it was a President's daughter getting married.

Although I remember when I was a kid, I remember, after field service of course, after I went with my mother to do the weekly shopping I could hardly wait to get home in time to watch the wedding of LBJs daughter, Lucy on TV.

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray

If you don't get it, it's best not to watch it.

Leave it to those who enjoy the royal occasion.

It is quite perplexing why Americans seem to be so smitten with the royal family.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

For what it is worth, I don't care. That being said, I wish the couple the very best. I have not turned the TV on this morning. So I have not seen the wedding at all. Was it wonderful?

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

We back here in the colonies New England and all the rest,, still have an interest what goes on even though we declared our independence from Britain 1776(200+ years ago).

With a last name like Wiltshire I should be a bit more concerned about who's marrying who in the royal family but I don't really care, my wife is from India and so she naturally has an interest being that her country gained independence from Britain in 1947. I think because Britain has left it mark on the world: "Rule Britannia, Britiannia Rules The Waves".

So it easy for me to see why people care even though these Monarchs hold very little power now a days they represent a glorious past to which we were once connected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVzBcIXJXTo

• Wasanelder Once
  • snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

It's a wedding. One that the whole nation can enjoy. Glorious sunshine, dazzling colours, beautiful horses, fabulous hats, everyone in their best attire. What's not to enjoy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit