Did You Care About The Royal Wedding?

by minimus 63 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

I think it's a 'girl' thing. The beautiful wedding dress - prince charming, etc. All the historical, social, customs, etiquette - we can't get enough of these Royal Weddings.

So many changes -- they're literally paying attention to love! Prince Charles ended up marrying his true love having followed the rules and social requirements of marrying his first wife. Prince marrying a divorcee, mixed race - what's this world coming to! It truly is a fairy-tale. I missed it but will catch the highlights.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The British Royal Family has tried to get a bit more with the times. Harry and William seem to be like 'normal' people, unlike that bod Charles. This suggests a level of self-awareness higher than the level displayed by a lot of important people.

I think Megan's gorgeous but Harry is a bit too ginger for my taste. XD

The royal family isn't really my thing.

So I spent today doing things that are my thing.

I learnt another Arabic plural pattern (class 4: the fu3al pattern if you must know).

I watched a few youtube videos by Candice Owens.

Now, I'm gonna catch up on the FA cup final ...

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

It’s a lot more entertaining than any Jw wedding and I love all weddings even Jw ones.

Indian weddings have more spectacular visuals but the grandeur of a royal wedding is pretty entertaining .

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

ah, no.

why the hell would I?

does it make my life better in any way?

• recovering
    recovering

I think the poor saps should get married .Misery loves company. JK

• alanv
    alanv

Apparently it was watched on tv by 2 billion people throughout the world

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Harry and William and Catherine have all done a huge amount of work for mental health awareness. Harry particularly has worked hard as he's been an active serviceman and has brought awareness of mental health in ex-servicemen with the Invictus games and other projects.

We saw him lose his mum, he was only twelve. He walked behind her coffin in a horribly public event when he must have been in agony inside. Something which he had no choice in. I enjoyed seeing him happy today. She seems like a really strong, intelligent woman, interested in working for a better world which she has already been active in. I'm not usually a royalist but I wish them happiness.

• NU-LYTE
    NU-LYTE

I personally believe this type of stuff is just a distraction , take away from the real news like the chaos in Palestine , horrible situation whether you like the move of the Israeli capital or not , I know I wasn't going to get up at 4am to watch a bunch of arrogant royals party while people are in abject poverty

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Nice to watch something happy! Fast forwarded through most of it but it is happy to see two people that seem so much in love. Chick thing, I guess! lol

• freddo
    freddo

We Brits know how to put on a show don't we? And for me the American Bishop was brilliant. If you are going to preach "Christian Love" then do it with passion and style.

I enjoyed watching William and Kate's marriage - she's lovely too - but he is the future King and it had to be a bit more formal and "British stiff upper lip" - this one was more human which I think reflected the personalities of the couple and because Harry is very unlikely to become King he can throw himself into charitable good stuff. Meghan Markle is lovely as well!

The two lads - having lost their mother at tender ages and who actually have done good things - are much more normal, connected, accepted and real than Charles (Old duffer who talks to plants), Anne (two legged horse) and Andrew (Buffoon).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit