UN and Governing Body and an accounting

by AnnaNana 61 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AnnaNana
    AnnaNana

I have been "kicked out" for telling the truth. But the sins of those individuals within the organization who misuse their authority or misapply the scripture does not mean Jehovah is not still using that organization. Jehovah executed those who worshipped the calf, but he did not execute Aaron. Why not? Aaron was misled and foolish, but he was not really a hater of God. Jehovah's name was left on that nation for that time despite many episodes of foolishness.

God's faithful individuals were often wrongly "kicked out" in the past by authorities within God's own organization. Jehovah allowed it, but always rewarded those who suffered in this way. This is nothing new. Joseph was kicked out by his own brothers, the 11 other tribes of Israel who inherited the promised land. David, anointed to be the next king, was kicked out by King Saul. Jesus was kicked out by the Jewish authorities. This is nothing new.

Jesus stuck with the Jewish way of doing things until Jehovah's appointed time to execute judgment on it. Jesus knew judgment would come in Jehovah's appointed time. He shows us the Way. He was blessed for being willing to suffer for righteousness sake. You will be too. Jehovah will execute judgment on the organization bearing his name today. The Bible is clear. "Start with the elders in front of my sanctuary". Those who are faithful and sincere, both inside and outside the organization, those who are "sighing and groaning over all the detestable things going on in the city", are known to Jesus. He knows where we are.

He will also sit in judgment of us. How will we fare in that day? Those who show mercy will be shown mercy. We do not make excuses for serious wrongdoing. But we also don't oppose the preaching work Jesus commanded to be done. Paul made clear that some gave him a hard time and preached out of a spirit of competition. What of it? Either way, the Lord is being proclaimed. We continue to imitate the undeserved kindness of Our Lord, and let him do the judging.

True theocratic order means obeying God first. If the men in authority, any authority, whether a family head or an elder or a president or a military tribunal, tell us something that goes against Jehovah or his Word, we have to listen to Jehovah ahead of what is published or some tradition. But just because we go against a tradition doesn't mean we go against everything that authority says. We don't murder if the secular authorities tell us to murder somebody, but we still pay taxes if that is appropriate.

What direction are we given at present? "Love your brother." Even if your brother does not show love for you. "By this all will know you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves." They may not show love for us, but just as God loved us before we loved him, we show ourselves God's children by loving them before they love us. If Jehovah is drawing them, they will have more love in time.

We have the privilege of knowing these things. Jesus said we would be happy if we do them.

• Magnum
    Magnum
    But the sins of those individuals within the organization who misuse their authority or misapply the scripture does not mean Jehovah is not still using that organization.

"still using"???? I see no evidence that he ever was using the organization. It has made well-known false predictions from day one - predictions that robbed people of normal lives. It has a history of crazy writings and teachings. The preaching work has never been such that it would be fair to kill most of earth's population based on how they react to it.

It is weakening now, supposedly in the last of the last days when it should be strengthening and providing a great warning to the world. The organization is in survival mode. Its heyday is over. It is simply trying to survive. It is not giving a great witness to the world or bringing praise to its supposed god.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi AnnaNanna,

I am having a hard time understanding why you believe that the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses is the Faithful and Wise Servant of Matthew 24:25-47.

You didn't believe that until 2013. So it must be you believe this because the Governing Body told you they were the Faithful Slave.

But where is the evidence? Please list that evidence for me.

The current GB claims the Faithful and Wise Servant was appointed in Brooklyn New York in 1919? What is the evidence of that appointment on which the current GB rests it's claim to authority?

Is 1919 biblical? Who actually was appointed? Why were they appointed? What is the evidence?

It seems to me at this point, that your faith is in men, not Jehovah or His word, the Bible. And to make association with and loyalty to these men a part of the salvation formula, a requirement for surviving Armageddon, if not biblically supported, is heresy of the first order.

• joao
    joao

@AnnaNanna

The fact that Jehovah has used, is using or will use any organisation to fulfil His will is not a sign that it is His organisation as you know!

Where are His precise instructions regarding the creation of such an evil organisation in the Bible?

Why didn't Jesus found it or give the necessary instructions?

How can an organisation that wants to replace Jesus be Christian?

• AnnaNana
    AnnaNana

Oh, I don't believe that "Faithful and discreet slave" business means anything about a "channel". Jesus words there appear to be direction for all of us to be faithful and discreet, and not unkind to those under our authority, whether we be a housewife with kids or a manager at a hotel or an elder or whatever. We all need to be faithful and discreet.

It is clear from the Bible that God uses organization, and there was a governing body in the first century congregation, but it was to be "older brothers", not "kings" or "lords". In a family, an older brother is not a manager. He's an older brother.

A family is a type of organization. Jesus said we are all brothers.

Joseph's older brothers threw him in a pit. Jehovah had it recorded for us. Jehovah didn't approve of what they did, but it's in the Bible so we can see sometimes those taking the lead don't always do what Jehovah approves of. But He will fix it in time.

Thank you for being older brothers who are willing to be honest about discrepancies. It is refreshing to be with those who want to worship God with spirit and truth.

• joao
    joao

@AnnaNana

Hi! Could you, please, answer my questions?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    Oh, I don't believe that "Faithful and discreet slave" business means anything about a "channel". Jesus words there appear to be direction for all of us to be faithful and discreet, and not unkind to those under our authority, whether we be a housewife with kids or a manager at a hotel or an elder or whatever. We all need to be faithful and discreet.

Very true AnnaNana! Were you disfellowshipped for publicly contradicting official WTS F&DS teaching?

JOAO, you asked:

How can an organization that wants to replace Jesus be Christian?

Excellent question. And another is: How can an organization of men categorically judge all Christians not associated with them as evil and worthy of destruction at Armageddon?

• AnnaNana
    AnnaNana

I was disfellowshipped for telling on an HLC/COBE for abuse. I fled to another congregation to get help, and those elders also covered for the man I told on. The circuit overseer made it very difficult for me, so I went to a foreign language congregation locally that had a different circuit overseer. Eventually, those elders said "Bethel said you need to go back to English." I went back to the congregation with the elder I had told on, and when I refused to turn on my audio/video during the prayers of the elders (if Jehovah doesn't listen to their prayers, it didn't seem appropriate for me to) I was banned from Zoom meetings. Once in person meetings resumed, I was told I wasn't allowed to come to the Kingdom Hall because I had emailed congregation members warning them about the elder and what the other elders did. I came anyway, and then the elders went to the local police department and lied saying I was disruptive and had a trespassing ban put on me. The elders accused me of reviling and causing divisions because I quoted Jesus' words to the Pharisees and applied it to them: "Serpents, offspring of vipers, how are you to escape the judgment of Gehenna?" and because they said it causes divisions to tell the truth about serious wrongdoing. Of course, they are incorrect. Jesus and Jehovah want us to tell on serious wrongdoing. I also wrote to Bethel hundreds of times to every man whose name I could get. And I emailed them. Repeatedly. I would not repent of keeping my integrity, so they disfellowshipped me. I appealed because it was the right thing to do. The appeal committee didn't hardly deliberate for two minutes. I am banned from the local Kingdom Hall and I cannot be "reinstated" because I am not guilty of reviling or causing divisions. They are currently upset with me on that elder body because I still go preaching door-to-door. (Incidentally, that elder I reported recently stepped down from being HLC/COBE and an elder.)

I was bitter at first and went through a lot, I don't have to tell you, you already know. Jehovah helped me, because I am not guilty and his holy spirit can help us get through anything.

"You are my witnesses," declares Jehovah...

When were these words written? Over 2,500 years ago. Long before the modern-day organization called "Jehovah's Witnesses."

If any man or group of men sits on a committee decides to make an announcement, "So-and-so is no longer of Jehovah's Witnesses," does that mean anything in heaven? It depends. Men on earth have authority to make some decisions and judgments, but they do not have authority to make other decisions and judgments. If any man takes it upon himself to make a declaration that is not within the realm of his authority, he can proclaim it until he is blue in the face, but that does not change God's judgment in heaven.

The Pharisees said that Jesus was a blasphemer and a seditionist and a demonized man. Those men had authority in the organization of the Jewish nation. But their proclamations did not always match what God said in heaven. We know how Jehovah feels about Jesus. Jehovah exalted Jesus name above every other name. We pray in the name of the one who those Pharisees said was cursed by God!

Being one of Jehovah's Witnesses according to God's Word does not mean we are signed up with a group or following a checklist designed by men. It doesn't mean having a title or wearing a tie or a skirt or a badge card. Some people might do those things, or might think that is what being one of Jehovah's Witnesses means. And it is not wrong to do these things. But the most important part of being one of Jehovah's Witnesses means we obey God in accord with His Word, bearing witness by our lives and words. We are led by his holy spirit. We follow the Christ.

Jesus gave direction to the congregations as recorded in Revelation 1-3. During the last days, it is clear there would be all kinds of bad things going on in the congregations. What counsel did Jesus give to those faithful individuals who saw all that bad stuff going on? "Hold fast what you have until I come" and "those from the synagogue of Satan who say they are Jews but are not" (in other words, those who claim to be true worshippers but are actually fulfilling the interests of God's chief enemy) "will have to know that I have loved you."

The modern-day organization bearing Jehovah's name will be cleansed. Jesus said so. He got his information and authority from Jehovah, who doesn't lie. All of us who are sighing and groaning over the detestable things going on in her midst will be comforted. Any causing a stumbling will be cleared out by God's holy angels. It's just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more. "They will have to know that I am Jehovah." Jehovah is Our Father. He doesn't forget any of his sheep. "All those calling on the name of Jehovah will be saved." Jehovah is the best judge of who his witnesses are. He knows when we call on him in truth. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter what anybody else thinks. Praise Jehovah.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

AnnaNana,

Have you ever checked out Borean Pickets? Eric Wilson, like you, was disfellowshipped and mistreated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de5kvDguhK0&t=907s

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

"modern day organisation of Jehovah's witnesses"??? Is there any other? There's certainly no 'ancient organisation of Jehovah's witnesses'.

If you want to 'witness for Jehovah' you need to convert to Judaism.

If you believe in the New Testament, you need to witness for Jesus...as it commands you to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit