UN and Governing Body and an accounting

by AnnaNana 61 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AnnaNana
    AnnaNana

I have a library card for the public library in the town where I live. I had to pay a small fee and fill out a form to get it. Am I in a spiritually adulterous relationship with the town because I have a library card?

On paychecks in the past, I have also had a state id number. I had to fill out some forms when I got a job so that I could get paid. Am I in a spiritually adulterous relationship with the state because I had a state id number?

I also have a social security number. Am I in a spiritually adulterous relationship with the federal government ("the false prophet" or "feet of iron and clay" or a member of the "scarlet colored wild beast") because I have a social security number?

Joseph and Mary cooperated with the Roman authorities and got registered for the census. Joseph and Mary were not in a spiritually adulterous relationship with the Roman authorities, the "legs of iron". Joseph and Mary were not perfect. Joseph almost divorced Mary at first when he found out she was pregnant, but Jehovah forgave Joseph and helped him figure things out. Jehovah showed Joseph and Mary were fit to be the parents of the perfect Son of God, and the evidence of that blessing is clear.

The governing body of the modern-day organization of Jehovah's Witnesses is not perfect. Like all of us, they sometimes make bad decisions and do things they later regret. Peter stopped eating with Gentiles for awhile, and that could have derailed the faith of a lot of people. Everybody knows about that today. It will be the same with the imperfect men on the governing body and the others. They are not currently ruling as kings, they are supposed to be elder brothers, but if they try to rule as kings while in their present state, Jehovah will take care of it in time. In ancient Israel, when kings lorded it over others in a bad way and refused to change, they met their end eventually. God's Word says that every mountain will fall and every island. Every "government" that is opposition, including those mini-kingdoms that men may try to set up within the modern-day organization of Jehovah's Witnesses - anyone who misuses their authority, any "evil slave" who "beats" others, whether that "evil slave" be on the governing body or at Bethel or on an elder body or "disfellowshipped" or a family head, where ever, "every mountain" and "every island" - anyone who sets up their own way of doing things that is in opposition to God's Kingdom. Jehovah will repay, we don't have to worry about that. Sometimes it takes awhile from our point of view, like Jezebel and Ahab. But He will take care of it. They can't hide from him, wolves in sheep's covering don't fool Jehovah.

Moses did some really cool stuff, but he also messed up a few times. It's written for all to see. Jehovah allowed Jehu to do some really cool stuff, but later Jehu did false worship. Jehovah has it recorded so everybody in the world knows. Solomon did some really cool stuff too, but later he did false worship. Jehovah has it recorded so that everybody in the world knows. David did some cool stuff, he messed up big a few times, but he repented. We don't know the hearts of those men given authority today. We don't have to. We just have to take care of our own business - staying faithful to Jehovah.

The evidence is clear that Jehovah is leaving his name on the modern-day organization. It's his name. He doesn't have to leave it there, but he is. There are tons of mistakes the men in authority make. Tons of them. Joseph and Mary lost Jesus at a festival and left him behind. Did Jehovah ex them out? No. If these men on the governing body leave some sheep behind in their ignorance, it is really bad, but Jehovah will fix it in time. Jehovah will gather the sheep himself and feed them. He will exalt those lowly lost sheep, and the shepherds who lost them will be taken to account. Ezekiel 34. We need to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. The current troubles are only temporary. We have everlasting life in view in perfect conditions. We have to keep moving forward, looking to the future with confidence, knowing that Jehovah will work all these other things out. You have heard of the endurance of Job. You are Job. Look toward the reward. Jehovah knows every single tear and every single treachery you have experienced. He was with you the whole time you've been on that torture stake. Jesus was tortured by the very organization that was supposed to be supporting him. If you have suffered in a similar way, what do you think Jehovah says about you in heaven? He is proud of you and rejoices over you and holds you up as an example. Jehovah has more blessings in store for you than you can imagine. Praise Jehovah. "Happy are those who mourn, for they will be comforted."

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

The JWs in Malawi in the 1960s and 1970s may have a different perspective on the issue.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

If you want to put your faith in an organization that hasn't got one Bible prophecy right about when the end is coming. Engaging in revisionist history about their past beliefs under Russell and Rutherford. Tells everyone there is a desperate need for 1400 new kingdom halls in the u.s... then confiscates local savings accounts. And ask the brothers to pledge money for this endeavor, but instead sells k.h"s and uses the money to build a movie studio instead. That's fraud! Uses dedicated funds to pay csa lawsuits that they covered up. In the christian congregation they only collected donations to help orphans and widows, not to build a publishing/real estate empire / movie studios. They could do all their administration business in one office building! But hey it's still a free country knock yourself out!

• waton
    waton
    if they try to rule as kings while in their present state, Jehovah will take care of it in time. In ancient Israel, when kings lorded it over others in a bad way and refused to change, they met their end eventually. God's Word says that every mountain will fall and every island. Every "government" that is opposition, including those mini-kingdoms that men may try to set up within the modern-day organization of Jehovah's Witnesses - anyone who misuses

AnaNana, good detail you mentioning the mini Banana republics within the wt organisation. They will be taken care of? ? the wrongs eventually righted, -- do not count on it.

think of the poster boy David of bethlehem. who got away with adultery, perhaps 3 times, war crimes, mutilating combatants (the 200 foreskin story), usurping the priest role, (the rickety wagon story), the census, -- and on and on.

none of that was ever corrected,

you are adding to the put up and shut up scenario that wt wants to perpetuate and inflict upon on the innocents.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Not many of YOU should become teachers, my brothers, knowing that we shall receive heavier judgment. (James 3:1 NWT)

48 But if ever that evil slave should say in his heart, My master is delaying,

49 and should start to beat his fellow slaves and should eat and drink with the confirmed drunkards,

50 the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know,

51 and will punish him with the greatest severity and will assign him his part with the hypocrites. There is where [his] weeping and the gnashing of [his] teeth will be. (Matt. 24:48-51 NWT)

• AnnaNana
    AnnaNana

God's Word does not promote the "put up and shut up" way of doing things, and neither do I. The Bible is quite clear that the "city gate" was the place to go for having injustice handled. Those affected by unresolved serious injustice were required to go to tell the "congregation" (in Greek meaning the whole group of people, not just the elders.) The "city gate" in ancient times was in clear view of anyone walking by, and just decisions were generally made by appointed judges during daylight for all to see and hear. If the appointed judges in the city gate mishandle justice today, where is the modern-day "city gate" we can go talk about it to the rest of the congregation? Here is one of the "city gates", where we are talking in plain view of all in the city who "walk by"...

Any who mishandle matters by attempting to twist justice in the darkness are eventually exposed, such as the Sanhedrin with their nighttime trial of the Christ. Certain modern day elder judicial decisions that take place behind closed doors do not reflect the way of doing things in the first century Christian congregation, or the way judicial matters would have been handled more publicly in ancient Israel. The Judge who is above all other judges will make restitution for those who have suffered at the hands of unrighteous oppressors or ignorant men - just as He gave Israel their wages upon leaving Egypt. Those unpaid slaves stripped the Egyptians of their treasures at Jehovah's command. Jehovah made sure they got their wages.

We can see the rotten fruit of those individuals who mishandle judging. Those who are given such authority will be held accountable for how they use or misuse that authority. We can also see that it does not belong to us to judge the hearts of men.

Jehovah's friend, King Jehoshaphat, unwisely made a marriage alliance with Ahab and Jezebel's family. What was he thinking? God only knows.

Jehovah's friend, King Jehoshaphat, unwisely went into battle alongside wicked Ahab, even after Jehovah's prophet warned him against it. What was he thinking? God only knows.

Jehoshaphat remained Jehovah's friend, despite making some really dumb decisions that affected the people in his care. The whole nation suffered because of some of those decisions. Yet Jehoshaphat is still considered to be overall a "good" king. Because he was perfect? No. Because of his heart. God knows his heart.

"Not many wise" are called by God, to be his friends. Being awesomely intelligent or exquisitely perfect is not a prerequisite to being God's friend, thankfully. "God chose the foolish things of the world to put the wise things to shame." It is better not to make foolish mistakes, but God can turn around any situation to make it into a blessing in due time. Jehovah does not cause mistakes, but Jehovah's love is magnified by means of the mistakes of his imperfect friends. In what way? In that Jehovah's mercy and undeserved kindness toward them is manifest just like a pearly covering overlayed on the irritation-causing particle in the heart of the oyster. In this way the blessings and the honor and the praise belong to Jehovah, and not to any man. By means of the ransom, Jehovah can keep using imperfect "foolish" ones and still get his purpose accomplished on time, in a way that exalts God's wisdom and power and glory.

Looking back, getting a UN library card doesn't seem like the greatest decision. Neither was Jehoshaphat going into battle alongside Ahab. What were they thinking? God only knows. Jehovah is the judge of the hearts of men. Praise Jehovah for his great mercy and undeserved kindness through the ransom, of which we are also recipients. We will also stand before the judgment seat of God. How will we fare in that day? "Happy are the merciful, since they will be shown mercy."

• joao
    joao

@AnnaNana

Please, help me out with a problem no one has yet been able to help me solve: when and where did Jesus create a Society, an Organisation, a greedy Corporation to divide humans into "casts" (a few being the Lords and others their slaves) and to replace him as mediator between men and God?

• Konagirl
    Konagirl

Where is there scriptural proof that God chose to put His spirit into an earthly organization 150 years ago? There is none! What is so unusual about it, that delineates its existence as different from other organizations? Nothing, except that genuine “anointed” have always been a part of it. Something to take note of. (Matt 7:15-20; 24:24,25; 48-51; Rev 13:1,2,5-7,11,12,15; John 16:2,3)

“I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. 30 Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them. Acts 20:29,30

Distort the truth. Doesn’t every JW say they are “in the truth”, when not one prediction taught as "truth", has come true?

Although the organization repeatedly compares itself with Moses the prophet, leading Israel, miracles happened in that day. What miracles have happened in the organization? Needed sand blowing in from a tropical storm in time to help build a kh? Ridiculous reasoning. The development of MEPS? A short-lived miracle since the internet is now available for everyone to translate whatever they need. The building of Warwick, on polluted land and using free labor and donated money? Obviously, that accomplishment was through deceitful cleverness.

Although a rare occurrence, when judges and kings ruled righteously, the people were blessed. When they ruled wickedly, the people suffered. There was no “organization” that received blessings, it was the people. There was no organization expecting devotion and service from its members. When they weren’t rebellious to God’s decrees; when they resisted idolatry, the people were amply blessed - all of them. They were under covenant with God, and when they transgressed the covenant, God removed His protection from the nations surrounding them. (Deut 28; Isa 48:18; Lam 2:3; Jer 23:29)

Who is blessed in the organization? Victims of child or spousal abuse? Shunned and disfellowshipped ones? Those that died in Malawi? Those that scrape their funds together to give to men who have all their needs met, and have no idea what it means to follow in the footsteps of Christ? (Luke 9:23; Matt 5:10,11) How does one measure blessings in the organization? By unquestionable obedience to organizational laws, which leads to privileges and prestige. In the Wt., it’s okay to follow false doctrine, as long as a JW obeys the men who speak them. Trust them, even if they lead you spiritually astray. Is that really what God expects? Jer 23:16

The construction of the ark of the covenant and the tabernacle were built by the plans Moses saw in heaven. (Heb 8:5) They became the dwelling of God’s spirit, and how He resided with the people. So…did Russel (who loved the pyramid) or Rutherford (who loved power) have a vision showing how to build the WB&TS? Would God have said, “build it similar to the religious organization already established on the earth, the Catholic Church”? "But I will allow My spirit to dwell only in your organization”?

It is a “temple built by human hands” and to be respected, praised and worshiped. (Acts 17:23-25,29) To JWs, it is invincible. (Rev 13:4) It is exalted in the minds of loyal JWs, yet Jesus told us that no physical place would be considered God’s spiritual dwelling. (John 4: 21-24) He dwells within the heart of those who seek Him. (John 14:23) It seems to me that the organization was built on the premise of rebellion against the words of Jesus Christ and the spiritual temple built on his anointed body. (Isa 43:10; 1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17; Eph 2:20-22)

We are to stand on our own two feet before Jesus, not under a blanket religious rule that obviously leads the people into idolatry toward an organization, and devotion to men who tell lies that have been brazenly documented. (Rom 1:25,32) Lies have always been a serious matter with God; why in this day, among the anointed, would they be dismissed as a little thing? (Prov 12:22; Luke 6:45; Matt 12:36) What spirit is really behind it? (1 Tim 4:1,2)

The organization’s existence, its message, and its rulership has brought people to ruin – physically and spiritually. One should ask, why would God “dwell” in corruption? (Col 2:8; Rev 13:10)

“Who can produce something pure from what is impure? No one!” Job 14:4

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I guess the clarifying question I have is this -

Why are you defending the Watchtower for something that did happen, but the Watchtower refuses to admit to doing? What could possibly go wrong if the Watchtower admitted to joining the United Nations/Image of the Wild Beast?

Of course, forgiveness from Jehovah requires repentance. Freely admitting to wrongdoing is required in repenting. So, since the Watchtower has not admitted and apologized for joining the United Nations the Watchtower has not repented and is not forgiven.

• waton
    waton

tbn, yeah, and that is just a library card. How about the government identification card in Malawi? scriptural malpractice. lives irreparably ruined and now wt rewriting history, by slyly asserting that the sisters became all refugees.

wt will not get away with it.

"outside are the dogs ---- and the liars". Rev 22.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit