UN and Governing Body and an accounting

by AnnaNana 61 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

AnnaNana, I am so confused by the things you are writing. You seem to be defending an organization that is corrupt! It publishes Lies and makes claims either Jehovah or Jesus directed the publishing of those lies. If you are preaching house to house, are you directing people to JWorg? Where are you directing people? Are you telling them you are a JW and therefore associate yourself with the org?

• AnnaNana
    AnnaNana

I haven't checked that video out yet, but nothing would surprise me. Peter said that we could know that "the same kind of sufferings are being experienced by the entire association of your brothers in the world," and Jude said, "certain men have slipped in among you who were long ago appointed to this judgment by the Scriptures; they are ungodly men who turn the undeserved kindness of our God into an excuse for brazen conduct and who prove false to our only owner and Lord, Jesus Christ."

Although it might sound funny, it is actually faith-strengthening to have had this experience. I am more confident than ever that God is going to clean out his organization, and I am more confident in his Word.

In the meantime...Jesus said in prayer that he made his Father's name, "Jehovah", (which includes his reputation as a God of love, justice, wisdom and power) known and would continue to make it known, "so that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them." We must keep bearing fruit in order to remain in union with them. Love is the most important thing. Jesus' love helped him conquer the world. It's the same power he gives us to conquer whatever we face. We will all be victorious with love, as we continue to obediently follow the Christ wherever he leads.

When Hannah was on earth, where did she direct Samuel to go? What was going on at the temple there? Joseph and Mary brought Jesus to the temple in Jerusalem, and what was going on there? We have to do the best we can with the conditions we have. New ones need to know what God's name is if they are going to call on him. They need to know there is a Kingdom and what the Bible teaches about Christian conduct. The JW.ORG website teaches those things. If Jehovah allows the other misapplied scriptures temporarily, well, he allowed polygamous marriage in ancient Israel for awhile because the people were stubborn but anyone associating with Jehovah's organization back then had to tolerate the issue, and he allowed the circumcision issue to go on in the early congregation, and some might have been stumbled by it, some refused to eat with Gentiles, it caused a ruckus. Those causing a stumbling will be held accountable. Jehovah clears things up in time.

I am not the master of anyone's faith, but I have had to figure out what is appropriate in my situation. Woe is me if I did not preach. It's not the ideal situation, but when Joseph was in prison at the hands of his own brothers, did he stop talking about his God, Jehovah? It must have been awkward, but not impossible. It's awkward for me too, but not impossible. Nothing is impossible with Jehovah helping us. Forward is the only way we can go. No trial lasts forever.

I am thankful to have been led here to meet you. Eternity is a long time, and we will have the opportunity to get to know each other forever if we are faithful. Brothers, we will receive the prize if we endure in faith. May you continue to be blessed as you run the race, confident that your Father in heaven and his Son are faithful, even if men may be unfaithful. "For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come nor powers nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God's love that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Anna, provided you are not trolling us, here are some observations.

You refer to the GB in the same sentence as luminaries of the bible like Joseph and Mary, Aaron, Moses and David, putting the GB on an equal footing with those ones. You probably do that unconsciously but it is a consequence of years of conditioning by the GB to do so. JW's have been conditioned to equate the GB as virtually the same level as Jehovah and Jesus and thats exactly how the GB like it.

Once you are aware that this control mechanism is designed to keep you constantly feeling unworthy and that you are nothing without the org, then you will start to see things more clearly. As others on this thread have said, the GB claims to be Gods one true channel- how do they know? Because they say so.

Sorry, you have been taken for a ride- just like the rest of us were.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

AnnaNana, It seems to me you have faith and trust in JWorg....they bring repoach upon Jehovah to put it mildly. When the publish lies in his name...LIES because Truth stands up and doesn't keep changing. Satan is the father of the lie. Do they teach some truths? sure, as do other religions...doesn't mean Jehovah claims them for his organization. Christendom was in other countries promoting the Bible and Christ and Almighy God long before the WTBTS ever came along. So one could argue Chrstendom is God's organization. The JW claim they are God's organization because Jesus chose them as the faithful steward in 1919...they were preaching all manner of lies , notably that miiions then living wouldn't die, pyramidology, and lots of other nonsense if you do the research. So for JWorg to be Jehovah's organization, he would have had to approve all the lies and false prophecy during that time frame if one is willing to believe JW WTBTS. You can't have it both ways. Either it is JWorg and the truth or it isn't. JWorg doesn't allow you to have it both ways...You HAVE to trust that the GB are the slave and do as you are told.

• AnnaNana
    AnnaNana

Jesus was not controlled by the Pharisees, but he did permit them to exercise authority over him. Those Pharisees did not take Jesus for "a ride"; he was well aware of what they were doing and even told his friends ahead of time what was going to occur.

None of us are surprised when we meet with suffering for taking a stand for righteousness. Jesus told us we would face these things. "A slave is not greater than his master. If they have persecuted me, they will persecute you."

Jesus was a Jew, affiliated with the local synagogues, and yet the Jews of his day did not teach the truth about Jehovah. Was Jesus a heretic for sticking with the Jewish religion? He shows us the way.

I am not afraid of being affiliated with an organization (my family is a type of organization, so is my kids school group, etc) neither am I controlled by an organization. I do, of my own free will, choose to be joined to the Christ and whoever he chooses to place in his body, that is, the congregation. Christ's true congregation is also a family, with Christ as head, and it is pleasant to be under Christ's direction. If he permits unreasonable or harsh men to stand for awhile in a position of authority, certainly he can give me or anyone else the strength and spirit needed to endure it. If Jesus was willing to speak out about the inconsistencies and hypocrisies of certain individuals or spurious traditions in the religion he belonged to and supported, then it is not wrong for us to do the same. (The existence of this forum is evidence of many who follow Jesus' example in this regard.)

God's Kingdom has not yet crushed all other kingdoms. There are labor pains. The modern-day organization bearing the name "Jehovah's Witnesses" has its share of those pains. Imperfect people are not meant to lord it over imperfect people. Some of the constructs and superior authorities of this world are only temporary until the Kingdom is completely here. We must perceive what the will of God is for us and act in accord with our conscience. What is the direction from the Christ? "Whatever you are doing, work at it whole-souled as for Jehovah, and not for men, for you know that it is from Jehovah you will receive the inheritance as a reward. Slave for the Master, Christ. Certainly the one who does wrong will be repaid for the wrong he has done, and there is no partiality."

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Anna,

I suppose you didn't check out Eric Wilson's channel yet. But I think you would like him. And then there is David and Vivian's channel which again brings out very clearly some disturbing unbiblical elements of WTS disfellowshipping practices.

These are good Christian people who ratify the kind of experiences you have had and explained to us.

https://youtu.be/JDpm7LbXvTg

You are still preaching independently despite bring disfellowshipped. Are you preaching the same gospel that the Apostles preached or are you adding to or preaching something beyond what Paul preached?

• AnnaNana
    AnnaNana

So far, I have read Barbara and Bill's experiences and some of their letters, as well as all that UN NGO stuff, but I haven't yet checked out any of the youtube videos.

It is clear that the whole current disfellowshipping process does not match what the Bible teaches, so I am not surprised that many people have a similar experience. The words of Psalm 88 are perfect for encapsulating the pain of being as if left for dead, the feelings as regards having acquaintances being driven away, etc. Knowing Jehovah understands and doesn't approve of such a procedure draws us closer to him.

That expression "preaching independently" sounds kind of funny to me, I guess because I don't consider myself independent - I get very anxious preaching and have to rely on Jehovah completely every time. I would much rather stay home, but just like when the Israelites put their feet in the water and then the Jordan River went down - He helps me every time. Just like he helps you or anyone else when they are preaching about Jesus and his message.

I preach what is in the Bible, what Jesus said to preach about, the Kingdom. Most people I meet still don't even know what the Kingdom is and what it will do. If someone is willing to listen, I usually share a verse from Psalm 37 about the earth having hope and wickedness being gone soon, maybe quote from Jesus' sermon on the mount or talk about world conditions and what the Kingdom will do to fix them. Pretty typical stuff. The deeper fun stuff is better for talking about on the forum. : ) Although I have told Bible studies who have asked if they will get to see Jesus that they will since that's what the Bible says (though that is not the current published understanding on the website) because Jesus told the man next to him "Truly, I'll be with you in Paradise" and there are a whole bunch of other scriptures on that topic that will be fun to talk about at another time perhaps.

(If I don't answer for a few days now, I'm not ignoring anybody, I just have some domestic stuff around the house to take care of too. We all have to be "faithful and discreet" with our domestics, lol! Hope you all have a good evening.)

• joao
    joao

@Anna

Hi!

I'm sorry, but I'll have to say this: I have asked you some questions and you've completely ignored them! So, you are ignoring me because I ask questions, direct questions!

You're not the only one here doing that! There's another fellow doing the same.

From my point of view, you're only repeating what JW has taught you. You're not following Jesus by ignoring me! You're following JW instructions to avoid answering questions, specially those that make you question it has representative of God! I can understand that.

You think you know everything! Well, you don't as neither do I or anyone on this planet.

You're also showing some characteristics JWs usually show: arrogance, ignorance and impoliteness.

You are doing nothing more than repeating what you were told as being the truth. You're applying to others principles you don't apply to yourself. You're preaching! Are you counting the time? You should!

And you should also read Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom, by Raymond Franz. You might start to see some light and what it means to be humble following the footsteps of Jesus.

May God bless you!

• joao
    joao

I need to add three more points:

1. Try to convince the thousands of children that the thousands of JW pedophiles abused and are still abusing that that pedophile protector JW corporation is hiding from law that that loving and caring corporation is acting on God's behalf;
    2. Try also to convince those who lost their loved ones due to blood refusal that that is God's will;
    3. Why didn't Jesus just fix the several religions in his time? He could have done it!

May God enlighten, protect and bless you.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    joao - I have asked you some questions and you've completely ignored them!

Don't expect any answers.

Anna the Banana is only here to preach and it's really boring.

Either Banana is in need of serious mental medical attention or trolling.

Either way, I don't bother reading her/his/their blather. It's absolute self absorbed, pious and mind-warped rubbish.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit