UN and Governing Body and an accounting

by AnnaNana 61 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• joao
    joao

@punkofnice

You're absolutely right!

• jhine
    jhine

Joao , Punk's correct . I asked direct questions requiring direct answers and didn't get them. You won't either .

Anna does seem very very confused on where she stands regarding the Org.

Punk may well be right about her needing help .

Anna if you read this please seek out someone, not a JW , who you can talk to about your issues . Particularly the abuse that you mentioned.

Jan

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Jan - Yes indeed.

AnnaNanna, if you are not trolling us, please seek urgent medical assistance for your mental health.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Anna,

I don't think Jesus submitted to either the Pharisees or the Sadducees or any other illegitimate group. Their organizations were demonic. He promoted doing what they taught in the law, but urged the common people not to follow them. Instead He publicly ridiculed and blasted them for their hypocrisy. He never encouraged sinners to join or promote their organizations.

Our job as Christians is to promote Jesus; the gospel of the kingdom was a gospel of allegiance to the king. It's a spiritual kingdom of people who give their lives to the Saviour. Every one who is saved, justified and sanctified is in Christ and in His kingdom totally independent of an observable organization. Here is a 58 second video about Christian identity.

Find your IDENTITY in CHRIST: https://youtu.be/3SPomFoA-Jc

• Linda14
    Linda14

The Gov Body is imperfect, and had made lots of mistakes. That in itself is not the reason why God would chose not to use His named people. He knows they are imperfect. But the question is; Did God actually chose them as His named people and kept others in line for destruction? How would you know that for sure? Did God inspire any one of them to be sure His choice like He did in the first century? Have you gone to heaven to know when God came to search out worship on earth and then chose JW? Why does it seem that the claimed false churches of Christendom gets a better understanding of some teachings than the so called true religion? Why does spirit guided truth lead to flip-flop understanding? If you think you make mistake in understanding because you're imperfect, would you not also excuse Christendom for making mistakes in their own bible understanding? How will God chose you as against other churches because of doctrinal reasons when your organization admits that the beliefs of 1914-1919 contained some errors. Errors that you do not dare teach among JWs today? How could God chose you when you were also teaching false doctrines?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

AnnaNana ,

Are you aware that you are probably using the wrong pronunciation for the name of GOD -Jehovah ?

In the first edition of the Aid To Bible Understanding printed by the WTB&TS they conceded that Yahweh was more likely to be the correct pronunciation of GOD`s name and not Jehovah .

However the GB settled on the name Jehovah because that was the name that was most popular at the time ?

I ask : popular by whom ? Christendom of course who they describe as being apostates ?

Another source : Multiple pronunciations have been offered, but Yahweh is by far the scholarly consensus. This makes the most sense of the textual evidence since there seems to be a clear connection between the name of God and the first person “to be” verb, ehyeh (“I am who I am,” Ex. 3:14). This pronunciation also takes into account extra-biblical evidence in order to build the most convincing case for this pronunciation. Again, while we really don’t know for sure how the name was pronounced, Yahweh is most likely the closest we’ll get to firm answer.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

@ AnnaNana: You said, "The modern-day organization bearing the name "Jehovah's Witnesses."

I'm sure you are acquainted with 1 Peter 3:15 - "...always ready to make a defense before everyone who demands of you a reason..."

As a devout witness of truth, will you answer just one simple question regarding your faith in God's "organization", please?

Throughout the scriptures, Jehovah always provided his chosen representatives with divine evidence and powers - always! What divine evidence convinced you that God selected the WTBTS/JW's, and not the Mormons, C of E, Roman Catholics etc.?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I think Anna has left the building, folks.

Hello and welcome, Linda. New here?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    AnnaNana: Eventually, those elders said "Bethel said you need to go back to English."

This person claimed to place her trust in a God that directed His organization to sort the membership by language. Was it Bethel that sent the order, or Babel?

• Hopeless1
    Hopeless1

Smiddy said,

“Are you aware that you are probably using the wrong pronunciation for the name of GOD -Jehovah ?”

yes, yes, yes, a million times yes!

There’s some good articles on the web that discuss this, but the bottom line is would a god who forbids his people to wear cloth woven from two different yarns, or to sow a field with two different types of seed, or use a plough with two different types of animal etc, be happy to have them use a name that is an amalgamation to the sacred Tetragrammaton and a title used for every false god under the sun, as well as imperfect humans? Leviticus 19:19, Deuteronomy 22:9

Okay, we are not under the Mosaic law now, but I think our Heavenly Father made his feelings understood on this matter.

There is a reason why no-one on earth today knows God’s name, more than one good reason, but the fact is that Jehovah’s Witnesses even by their very use of the name ‘Jehovah’ prove they are not his ‘special’ people entrusted with divine truth.

Jehovahs Witnesses have a very strong hold over the minds of people that gave their hearts and minds over to them, personally I believe ‘they worship what they do not know’, yet I was one for over 60 years!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit