UN and Governing Body and an accounting

by AnnaNana 61 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

God’s servants on earth have always still shown human failings , eg. Peter’s succumbing To Jewish influence ( racism) and Paul’s “sharp burst of anger “ . However these were personal failings , not teaching errors. Whenever Holy Spirit guided them to write or speak, it was accurate and true.

I have no problem with the GB being normal men. I chuckled at AM3. buying a crate of whisky and Stephen Lett’s peculiarities and ill judged comments. I do see a problem when their teaching is seriously off and has to be corrected or quietly forgotten.

You know of course about the massive campaign 100 years ago to promote the teaching that “ Millions Now Living Will Never Die”. The then President had to admit later that “ I made an ass of myself” over that. Did Holy Spirit direct that campaign? Clearly not.

What I see in this Organisation is the hallmark of an company of men , human failings abound and no amount of their claims of being directed by God and Jesus, will convince me otherwise.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Jan - Anna as often happens in discussions with JWs you are ignoring the pointed questions.

I think AnnaBanana is only here to preach distorted JW nonsense.

The posts come over as pious and arrogant as if Banana person has the 'truth(tm)' that no one else has.

There is no real discussion with this one. Only Banana person spewing forth sanctimonious statements.

I'm suspecting TROLL here or someone that needs medical assistance.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

AnnaNana...I think the GB "regretting" decisions is not one of feeling bad about incorrect interpretation or misleading people...they regret looking foolish and having to change course 180 degrees. That is not repentance, it is covering their butts with "new light"!

• Magnum
    Magnum
    The evidence is clear that Jehovah is leaving his name on the modern-day organization.

If the evidence is so clear, then where is it? What is it? You make such a bold statement as if the truth of it is obvious, and it is not. You mention none of that evidence that is supposedly so clear.

Actually, the opposite is clear to me - that the org is not backed by a superhuman, just being. The organization has a history literally over a hundred years long of major failed predictions, deception, corruption, looney teachings, etc.

It is an embarrassment today. The governing body members come across as clueless buffoons on broadcasts. The org is weakening. It has become cowardly, televangelist-like, shallow, dumbed down, overly concerned with money.

The preaching is weakening at a time when, according to JW theology, it should be growing and strengthening. JWs (the org as a whole and individual JWs) run from challenges and deep questions. The little bit of preaching work that is done is a faint whisper and is unclear and filled with fluff. Most humans are not aware of what the main JW beliefs are. JWs have not preached the message as it is claimed. Even back when the preaching work was far stronger than today, it was puny. The majority of JWs were not qualified to teach and preach. When I was a regular pioneer, I used to cringe when I heard other JWs witnessing in the field. It would be extremely unjust for a supreme being to destroy most of earth's population based on the puny, unclear, ineffective preaching of JWs. I find it difficult to believe that you believe that the end of the whole world is imminent and that JWs are doing a satisfactory job of warning of such. Do you really believe that JWs are like the Israelites marching around Jericho giving a great shout that everybody hears?

And, concerning the UN thing... The situation is far more serious than you make it out to be. It wasn't just "Oh, let's fill out a card so we can have access to research materials." I was a zealous regular pioneer when it happened, but was unaware of it at the time. However, at the time, I was aware that the org published pro-UN material in at least one of the mags. My wife and my sister and I all read the articles and were baffled. We discussed our being baffled at the time. We thought the UN was part of Satan's political system, and the org was publishing material putting it in a favorable light??? Now that I know what happened behind the scenes, it all makes sense. In order to be an NGO, the org had to promote the UN. To this day, my wife and I remember those articles and are pissed off about the situation.

• Ding
    Ding

The WT repeatedly denounced the UN as the great harlot of Babylon, then wrote them a letter saying they were in harmony with the UN purposes and stopped criticizing them for nearly 10 years.

When "apostates" revealed this, the WT said they did it so they could get a UN library card.

I would certainly call that hypocrisy.

If you are a JW, try something similar.

Write your local Catholic church telling them you are in harmony with their organization.

When the elders find out and form a JC, tell them you only did that so you could get a library card for use in doing research at the Catholic church library.

Then tell us how it goes...

• Chezdale
    Chezdale

AnnaNanna you raised some ideas. Your ideas.What Are you doing here, you count more time handwriting letters.

Defending 8 men who live at 8 Kings Dr will not get you any extra hour credits. You are by association a bad associate. Be making up your mind or admit that you are conflicted.

The 8 at the lake are being exposed by the mouth of Jesus.

• punkofnice
  • AnnaNana
    AnnaNana

I have not personally spoken with any Jehovah's Witnesses from Malawi, and I would not presume to speak for them. However, I have spoken with quite a few from Congo who have endured various hardships and violence, and not one of them has been concerned about library cards.

Sarah: "I did not laugh."

Angel of Jehovah: "No, but you did laugh!"

Was Sarah deemed an incorrigible liar and doomed to eternal death for her blatant falsehood straight to the face of a mighty angel of God? Sarah was blessed for her faith. Imperfect humans are weak. We all stumble many times. Jehovah doesn't just throw us away for our mistakes.

Why are we here? To beat up those who are already beat up? No. Many have been left beat up on the side of the road by "Pharisees" who walk by out of adherence to traditions and "scribes" who misapply scriptures. We are not really left behind. We are contenders with God. He is here by our side. He is "contending", enduring torture by watching his little sheep endure abuse by those who should know better. He is listening to all this and exercising restraint and self-control. But he will soon make himself known, "They will have to know that I am Jehovah." (Ezekiel 34) He will gather all his little sheep from everywhere they have been scattered, and He will make clear how he feels about those "shepherds" who are misrepresenting him.

Jesus allowed the disciples to misunderstand the following: "unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood, you have no share with me..." He didn't explain everything at that time. He allowed some to misunderstand both this teaching and the timing of when the Kingdom would come. Did he throw those ones away because of their misunderstanding? No. He gave them an opportunity to show that they were contenders too. Peter still do not understand clearly, but he said, "where else are we going to go? You have sayings of everlasting life."

If you see mistakes and misunderstandings in the modern day organization of Jehovah's Witnesses, you are blessed with insight and comprehension. What will you do with that information? When you help others who have been stumbled, when you pick up the wounded and comfort them with the comfort you have received from above, you are truly imitating your Father in heaven who is by your side as you contend for the blessing.

The Pharisees and scribes will be judged. So will we. Let us make peace while there is time. We can leave the judging to the judges, namely, Jehovah and Jesus. A hundred years from now, we won't care about that misapplied verse or library card. If they want to be there, everyone who hurt you will have to apologize for all the stupid stuff they did. We'll make new memories, and the old pains will be gone. We'll just be glad to be all together and with Jehovah. We are a family. We don't want any to be lost. May you have peace and undeserved kindness and mercy from our Father and his Son, who paid the price for us and for them. Your endurance under such circumstances brings great glory to Jehovah, just like Joseph endured the abuse from his brothers. In the end, all 12 of the sons of Israel received a blessing. These trials are almost over.

Does Jehovah, "He Who Causes To Become", have the power to remove his name from the modern-day organization? He chooses not to remove his name. Why? Jehovah is Contending. He sees all the stuff we see, all of it. But He is Contending, for the sake of a blessing. They are his sons, and he doesn't want to lose any of them. He is Contending. Will you contend with him?

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough
    AnnaNana
    AnnaNana-"if you see mistakes and misunderstandings in the modern day organization of Jehovah's Witnesses, you are blessed with insight and comprehension. "

If one sees 'mistakes and misunderstandings', they have to put up and shut up or they will be kicked out, so if you try to "comfort" someone with what the Bible says verses WT, you are speaking against god's organization. Just becaus men create something and put God's name on it doesn't mean it is God's organization ( there was a festival to Jehovah because the golden calf was their god that led them out of Eqypt.

Over the years, the WT has published various articles on the pagan origins of many traditions and therefore advice not to practice them because of where their origins were rooted. If one used that same standard where the WT is concerned, they would run as pyramidology played a major part in the teachings at the origin ( pretty pagan if you ask me.)

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    AnnaNana: I have spoken with quite a few from Congo who have endured various hardships and violence, and not one of them has been concerned about library cards.

The witnesses in Malawi were subjected to harassment, assault, gang rape, torture, the loss of their homes and in some cases their lives. Why? Because they were told that they could not possess a government-provided ID card. In the eyes of the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses, to possess such a card was enough to disqualify them as members in the organization. I'm glad that the JWs in the Congo were not treated in such a horrific manner, left to suffer needlessly. That would explain why they were not too worried about library cards-- they weren't being murdered for refusing to carry one.

At the same time that the JWs in Malawi were suffering those horrors, JWs in Mexico were asking if it was okay for them to bribe local officials in order to obtain a card stating that they had completed an obligatory military training program. A program which made them eligible to be drafted into military service. These JWs committed bribery and perjury and joined the armed forces, and were told that it was not a problem.

It does not take much insight or comprehension to understand how utterly morally bankrupt the GB was in doing this, and how badly it reflects on their organization and on the god that they purport to represent. This is not a mistake or misunderstanding, these are contradictory policy stances that cost people untold suffering and death. You do not just brush this off as a minor issue to be forgiven when there is as yet no repentance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit