Did man really go to the moon?

by atomant 121 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• atomant
    atomant

Morpheus there are 2 super moons this month google it. one to go.

• DJS
    DJS

CTs are trolls of the worst kind. If Simon won't ban them we should all do what we do with trolls: Ignore them.

https://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2017/10/05/the-psychology-of-conspiracy-theories-why-do-people-believe-them/

"People who believe in conspiracy theories can feel “special,” in a positive sense, because they may feel that they are more informed than others about important social and political events. […]

Our findings can also be connected to recent research demonstrating that individual narcissism, or a grandiose idea of the self, is positively related to belief in conspiracy theories. Interestingly, Cichocka et al. (2016) found that paranoid thought mediates the relationship between individual narcissism and conspiracy belief.

It has been noted that individuals who endorse conspiracy theories are likely to be higher in powerlessness, social isolation and anomia, which is broadly defined as a subjective disengagement from social norms.

Individuals who feel alienated may consequently reject conventional explanations of events, as they reject the legitimacy of the source of these explanations. Due to these individuals feeling alienated from their peers, they may also turn to conspiracist groups for a sense of belonging and community, or to marginalised subcultures in which conspiracy theories are potentially more rife.

People who feel powerless may also endorse conspiracy theories as they also help the individual avoid blame for their predicament. In this sense, conspiracy theories give a sense of meaning, security and control over an unpredictable and dangerous world. Finally, and most simply, conspiracy beliefs — which imply a level of Machiavellianism and power enacted by those without fixed morality — are most likely to resonate with people who feel powerless and believe that society lacks norms.

The Internet has amplified the abilities of these like-minded people to come together to share and expand on their conspiracy theories. It took only hours after the Las Vegas massacre for a conspiracy Facebook group to appear with more than 5,000 members.

You can’t really argue with people who believe in conspiracy theories, because their beliefs aren’t rational. Instead, they are often fear- or paranoia-based beliefs that, when confronted with contrarian factual evidence, will dismiss both the evidence and the messenger who brings it.2 That’s because conspiracy theories are driven by the people who believe and spread them and their own psychological makeup — not on the factual support or logical reasoning of the theory itself."

• DJS
    DJS

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/about-thinking/201607/the-greatest-conspiracy-theory-all-time

The Greatest Conspiracy Theory of All Time Quick and easy responses to moon landing hoax claims, Jul 10, 2016

"Make a short list of important and spectacular historical events, and it’s clear that the Apollo Moon missions were unique in the way they were documented. There were no cameras at the Battle of Marathon. No NPR reporters at the French Revolution. The Mongol invasions came and went without a single press conference. Nor was their extensive print or web news coverage of the invention of the first stone tool or the first time a human created fire. Even most of World War II took place off camera.

By contrast, every step of NASA’s effort to get to the Moon was meticulously documented from within and without. This thoroughness left behind many thousands of documents, photographs, and audio/video recordings, as well as millions of typed and handwritten words. Artifacts, the tangible hardware, from lunar mission are currently on display in numerous museums around the world. And there is the Moon itself. Astronauts returned with more than 842 pounds (382 kilograms) of Moon rocks that have been shared and studied by scientists in many countries for decades. None of these experts have expressed doubts of the rocks’ origin.

Maybe NASA could have produced convincing video on a terrestrial sound stage that was good enough to fool non-experts. But why do it so many times? There were nine missions to the Moon, six of which landed. The Apollo 16 and 17 crews each spent three days there. Why? If this was all a daring PR stunt, why increase the risk of discovery with multiple missions? Why make it necessary for so many astronauts and ground personnel to lie and maintain the cover up? If this were a hoax, doesn’t it seem more likely that NASA would have faked one landing, had a big parade, and then promptly shut down the operation?"

• DJS
    DJS

Nothing screams "living in my mom's basement, using her utilities, eating her food, surfing her Internet, spending a big chunk of my disposable income on comic books and building robots, having no post secondary education, no ambition, no achievement 30ish white boy" than the following screen names:

MrRoboto and Atom Ant.

You clowns remind me of the NerdHerd on Big Bang Theory, minus of course the education, achievement, IQ and the ability to occasionally get laid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2Gghi6FObY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMGl9WY8Cjg

Amarite? Of course I'm right. Sweeties, when you calm down you will find the Dislike button down and to the right.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I guess I have to be honest in that I feel man really did not go to the moon.

And at 83, Elvis is still alive. When I go to a Miami Dolphins football game I usually but a ticket for him if he shows up at the Will Call window.

Rub a Dub

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I’ve got a friend who doesn’t believe men went to the moon. He is quite sensible otherwise and I’m not sure how to deal with it other than make a joke about it. People saying conspiracy stuff online is one thing, but people in real life I find difficult to take seriously. He sent me this video the other day which I found amusing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhZS87uXpFk

• Hanged Man
    Hanged Man

I watched that vid Slimbo.....can someone give the context for the statement from Don Pettit at the end of the video. (Never seen that before).

He says "I would go to the moon in a nanosecond,the problem is we don't have the technology to do that anymore....we used to but we destroyed that technology and it's a painful process to build it back again"

Can someone elaborate?

• WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

"Can someone elaborate"

I would guess he is talking about the infrastructure and political will...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I guess he simply means they dismantled the technology infrastructure for moon landing because they stopped going and they would need to build it again if there was a new moon programme.

• Dagney
    Dagney
    He says "I would go to the moon in a nanosecond,the problem is we don't have the technology to do that anymore....we used to but we destroyed that technology and it's a painful process to build it back again"

Are. You. Kidding. Me.

He should try getting out of the house and going to visit JPL or any of the NASA facilities. I went to JPL (with another exJW that worked there), when they were finalizing the testing of Curiosity. These scientist are amazing in what they are doing.

Pfft.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit