Is this a place for children?

by xenawarrior 188 Replies latest jw friends

• LB
    LB

XW is a great mom and would never hurt a child, ever. Anyone that knows her knows this. No reason to piss on her anymore than Skeptic did already.

• Xena
    Xena

no Valis..it was not off the point..I was addressing what XW said...I may have exagerated a bit to make my point...but I guess it depends on where you draw the line...and apparently everyone draws it somewhere different.

XW - perhaps we need to get a lock for the chatroom then huh? We are not discussing a game or spoiling a child, we are discussing a child wandering into or encountering inappropriate material, yes? That was what your thead was about wasn't it? We as adults have a responsibility toward ALL children to ensure that when this happens they are safeguarded...WE are the ones that control the environment NOT them.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Mac, LB:

Don't misconstrue what I said I have not said she wasn't a good Mother BUT it has been said that Utopian is at fault but NOW that is fine? I think not. LB I don't piss on anyone and Mac your point had nothing to do with anything I've said. AND NO I won't back down on this THERE WAS NO reason for this thread to happen if concern was warranted that is what personal messaging is for.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

This is not about XenaWarrior or her ability to raise her children or what kind of mother she is. It's great that you are supporting your friends.

It's too bad Vash doesn't have any of those anymore and has been told in this thread that she is not welcome by some, that adults have more privileges than kids, and that some adults here with condescend to her level if she asks for help but otherwise get out.

Somehow I have a hard time feeling sorry for a small group of adults who couldn't have their adult conversation they way they wanted (although apparently you have another chat you use for this anyway so isn't it really a moot issue? Take the "adult" conversation there). I find it easier to have empathy for a hurting kid.

Wishing Vash well on her journey. If she is reading this thread, please know that not all adults are inherently selfish.

Uzzah

'so many arks, so little time'

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Since nowhere (to my knowledge) is this site specified as "adults only", it seems to me we all have a responsibility to act in a manner that recognises that young people may be observing. This includes the chat room, which is also not designated as "adults only".

I understand and agree with Xena's point. Put it another way. If a group of adults are in a bar or a restaurant acting in an adult/sexual manner, and a child walks in, should they change their behaviour once they have become aware of the child? To me the answer has to be yes.If you want to act out of the norms of accepted public behaviour, it is your responsibility to go somewhere else that is private, such as a specified "adults only" room.

The header to this site boldly states "everyone welcome!" Seems like that's not the case.

Expatbrit

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Sheila:

You know that I have never had problems with you nor do I wish to hurt your feelings. But I know that you as an adult will get over your being hurt but a young girl that has lost her whole world may not for quite sometime. I am very angry that Vash was hurt I remember how my kids felt when they were hurt by the dubs and now she feels she has no place to "belong". I also adore Cassandra and Utopian R and I don't want to see them leave. As I said I feel this should have been said to Utopian Raindrops in a Personal Message not on the forum where it is debated and were Vash can be hurt more.

I don't have a problem with you either. I do have a problem with the things you are saying to me. And then justifying them because I didn't handle this situation the way that you think I should have.

If you really believe so strongly enough to be hurtful, that I should have sent a Personal Message to UR about this instead of posting about it- does that apply to you as well? Maybe instead of throwing hurtful statements at me you should have PM'd me instead?

I guess it's okay to purposely hurt adults because as an adult they'll "get over it". Sorry, doesn't work for me.

I didn't post this only for UR- that was simply the catalyst. And as you can see, others felt it needed to be addressed as well.

I am also getting real tired of what took place in the chat room being so distorted and awfulized. NOONE, including me, attacked that child !!! If she is so fragile to have been so deeply affected by the benign happenings last night it is only further evidence that she isn't ready for the adult world at all.

XW

• LB
    LB
    AND NO I won't back down on this THERE WAS NO reason for this thread to happen if concern was warranted that is what personal messaging is for.

Sheila I think maybe XW at the very least feels pissed on, at least that's what I get from the tone of her message.

I don't want you to back down. I have read this entire thread and I don't feel XW put this out to attack a single person. She asked if this site, or chatroom is a place kids should hang out. At first many of us responded directly to the question. Then Skeptic jumped in seeing a chance to launch an attack. Thankfully Simon put a stop to that. But the thread has gone sideways since. I don't think Lisa had any agenda here at all.

OK Sheila I want you and Lisa to hug each other now. I'll get the honey and a camera.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

XenaW:

I DID personal message you last night, and explained how I felt remember?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

It seems to me that this is (or should be) a question about whether children should be allowed on this board without adult supervision. I think that's a no-brainer. No child should be on the Internet without adult supervision. I don't let my son play on bionicles.com without being there.

I don't want to see UR and Vash leave and I have told them so. I think both have a lot to offer. I was delighted to her Vash's thread about Galileo. She did great. She was so enthusiastic and excited, that it made me feel her enthusiasm. I feel badly for them both that they are hurt. I truly wish it hadn't come to that. Having said that, I do feel it is the parent's job to monitor who and what their children are exposed to.

I wasn't in chat so I don't know everything that was said. But I cannot and will not believe that Scooter, XenaW and Seven of Nine said anything hurtful. These are three of the sweetest people on this board. They have demonstrated they would never hurt anyone. Anyone who says otherwise has an agenda.

Carry on.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Sheila-

I'll say it again- this thread was not just for UR and there are others here who felt it something to be addressed.

You DID NOT PM me with your most recent hurtful thoughts. Those you posted on the board. I guess the personal messaging feature is only to be used by others as far as you are concerned?

I guess I'm tired of being called names and treated with such viciousness because I have an opinion that differs from others. I have attacked noone here.

XW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit