So What Drastic Money Change is Next?

by OnTheWayOut 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

If I was JW.org (and I ain’t), I did not sell the Brooklyn property.

I would lease them for long time to an investor / property management company.

They did a short term sell off.

So wrong!

Without any evidence, I realise that some JW officials got a lot of money under the table for making the sell off possible to Kushner and other hot shots.

G.

• flipper
    flipper

I'm with Jeff T and others on this, they might start charging access to their website.

And in the same vein as my buddy JRK, they might just start charging people to go on tours at Bethel in Warwick or charging people on tours to see their whole assortment of facilities there. As JRK alluded to kind of like amusement parks like Disneyland or Disneyworld charge. That would rake in a lot of money.

Also I love JRK's statement, " Could they have a rubber faced robot talk like Steve Lett " ?

Wouldn't that be a hoot ! lol. You could make a " house of horrors " type exhibit including Lett, and include C.T. Russell with his freaky Miracle Wheat show and Judge Rutherford's scowling mug all in the same exhibit ! Have people ride through in the dark and these guys pop up and scare everybody ! LOL. Maybe a scary figure of Ted Jaracz popping up as well screaming out " the organization comes first, the organization comes first " !

I can't help myself. I sometimes let my imagination run wild.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

maybe some more parking fee scams like at the Tacoma stadium ?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Morph Oh brother.... you hate me, dont you? Slim saw this thread and passed out from excitement.

I think they will start charging us 'speculation fee' every time we bring it up....they'll make a fortune 😂😂😂

( I love my own jokes)

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Flipper And in the same vein as my buddy JRK, they might just start charging people to go on tours at Bethel in Warwick or charging people on tours to see their whole assortment of facilities there.

Might start charging a special fee for one of the GB to give a special meet and greet talk along with these " extended tours"the great unwashed don't get to see.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Dagney meant a nominal charge for privilege of using their site jw.dot.org. It could be marketed as support by donation to the WWW. Those reoccurring amounts really add up.

Maybe a JW.org email address, like "[email protected]" - your very own JW email will prove to all your online buddies you are the gold standard dub!!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Circuit assemblies already have a per person “contribution” that is assessed by the Borg, thus most are now having expenses running into the tens of thousands of dollars. If it has not already happened, I expect that every congregation will be assessed as for what kind of monthly contribution they should be sending to the WT HQ.

You will recall that if the congregation had a mortgage loan “forgiven” that elders were told the new monthly contribution to HQ should be equal to or exceed what the former monthly loan amount was. I expect that congregations that are not donating enough each month will be given the amount that is expected to be received from them and thus could be based on a publisher head count just as are the circuit assembly costs.

While not really tithing it is a far cry from the “voluntary donations“ arrangement that they claim to have.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

tithing would be financial suicide for them seeing as they boasted for decades that one of the signs of being gods channel was that they would never tithe, a shrinking ageing membership would all but disappear in a few short years, I see more sell offs of KH's and next the big one will be the sell offs of circuit assembly halls, these schmucks know the value of these assets and they are obsessed by all things monetary, circuit ass'embles can easily be done away with, they are no better than used car salesman.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think circuit assemblies, as well as district conventions, or lucrative cash cows for the Borg especially since they now demand specific (non-voluntary) “donations“ at all circuit assemblies.

They may sell old assembly halls for a huge profit and replace them with new buildings built with free labor, but the cash cows will stay as long as they are profitable.

• stillin
    stillin

How many ways can people be made to feel guilty?....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit