If You Criticize A Person of Color Are You A Racist?

by minimus 144 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

If you were a Jehovah’s Witness and you didn’t like their views on Disfellowshipping , blood or the Trinity, you could try to change their core beliefs. You could demonstrate against the GB and elders. You could protest by no longer attending meetings or preaching. Or you could simply say bye bye. If you really don’t like how things are , just leave. Hell, even start your own group. Maybe the Squad would understand this.... no never mind. They wouldn’t get the point either.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LauraV - "Ha! That was funny Vidiot!"

I'm here all week.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    If You Criticize A Person of Colour Are You A Racist?

What is the motive for the criticism? What is the criticism?

'Racist' is one of those 'shut you down' words. It can be used wrongly.

If I criticise anyone, is it because I'm a racist or just an arse?

(Sorry, I haven't read other comments. Rather a long thread, and I bet it goes off at a tangent too. Probably has lots of American political stuff too )

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

If you rail against the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses direction, go where you will be happier.

If not , then shush.

• minimus
    minimus

Thomas, you are finally getting it.

• LV101
    LV101

VID - I'm glad you're here all week but that's not funny!

• Simon
    Simon
    If I criticise anyone, is it because I'm a racist or just an arse?

There's also the scenario that they are an arse and deserve criticism for whatever and then more criticism for trying to use a claim of racism to deflect from the valid criticism.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Punk of Nice :

" Racist' is one of those 'shut you down' words. It can be used wrongly "

The word is ' thought stopping ' .The JW use this ammo in their arguments All The Time . Steven Hassan has brought this out numerous times, good point.

• LV101
    LV101

I had that term thrown at me by a con-artist JW yrs. ago -- she and her con-artist mate were trying to set up/cajole a lunch/dinner date - they'd fled another hall because of trying to fleece the flock - (I didn't know this at the time but was clueless) and I didn't want to waste time socializing with them - didn't trust her for some reason. She asked if my husband was "racist" - I couldn't believe and hadn't even mentioned them to him much less anything about an invite. Unreal - manipulative con-artists.

I had no idea JWs used the "racist" word "All The Time" - I only heard one time.

• snugglebunny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit