Mom died, How and When I found out

by 3rdgen 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• JRK
    JRK

3rd,

I am so sorry for your loss. Not the recent death, but the loss of being as close to an orphan as you can be without being one.

I swear, there is NO shred of social skills in that dreaded organization! They put the "funk" in dysfunction. I wish you a complete healing journey.

JK

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I too want to express my sorrow about your loss. I am sorry it couldn't be healed and I hope you find peace.

• kairos
    kairos

This is very sad and further shows that WT is destructive and without any natural affection.

Be glad you escaped.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Back for more responses:

Luo, Thanks for the clarification. So sorry for the loss of your daughter and unborn grandson -devastating would be an understatement! My firstborn and only son died at age 21 so I can truly empathize. Glad you are better now.

Pete Z, Bro, what an insightful post! Your MIL is sweet and kind even with dementia because that is her nature. Glad for you and her. Indeed, I spent my life trying to please mom and everyone else in my life including the ultimate Narsissist......Jehovah!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Smiddy, thanks for your kind thoughts. As Pete Zahut mentioned, not all JW families are as unloving as mine. THANKFULLY! However, Watchtower fosters a climate where these people are accepted and even promoted.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Worldling, Hugs to you too!

Scratch, Sorry for the loss of your mother and the JW family drama that was forced on you. I'd like to know more of the story if you would like to pm me.

JW Gone, Love the Family Book and its many revisions reference. God forbid you read the wrong year and your family becomes Unhappy :)

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Blondie, Thanks Sis, I wish we could meet in person and have a hugfest. You are a special lady!

Sorry, Cookies, cake, milk, and hugs?? Where the heck have you been all my life???? Hugs to you too.....I'll let you do the baking :)

JRK, Hi Buddy, "No social skills" Boy, do you have that right. After a couple of my family reunions, hubby called them "Barbarians" Haha

OTWO, Peace to you too friend. Happy 2017.

Kairos. hi, "Without natural affection" Where have I heard THAT before? Oh yeah, they read the scripture often at the Kingdumb Hauls and say it applies to the "wicked world". Don't you love irony?

• Simon
    Simon

Wow, that is a sad story but unfortunately all too common. Well, maybe apart from the poo flinging ...

I vacillate between the WTS making people into unkind, selfish people and just allowing unkind, selfish people to be their selves. Of course it could just have been old age - people outside of the WTS also get "screwed over" by parents in one way or another.

It's hard to let go and move on from something like that but I hope you can and not carry any guilt (that you don't deserve) with you.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

3rdgen I read this and I am speechless. From your posting, and your offer to talk on the phone, which we did, I know you are an outstanding person! I cry for you for the pure insanity of it all. How these mothers act one way with the child they decide to pick on, and how they act in public to others, really can mess with one's head.

Let your husband love you and hold you and know that all of us, your 'other family' here on JWN think the world of you. You are a beloved member that has shared so much tragedy with us. Please, let this new year of 2017 be a very peaceful and happy one for you.

Big hugs of love, sympathy and caring for you. You deserve to have a wonderful and beautiful life. Your mother is now gone. You are a good person that deserved to have the best mother. I am sorry it was not that way...

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Simon, Thank you for your comment. I think it's the age- old question of nature or nurture regarding selfish mean people. IMHO Both play a part of who we become as adults. In any case, Watchtower attracts and accepts these people and teaches them that they are "A people for special possession" which tends to inflate their egos even more. Add to that, if they actually HAVE sacrificed a lot and given tons of money and time to WTBT$, like my parents did, over time, they get self-rightous. They look at children when young as being a hindrance to their "work" and when grown they look down on the child that they think doesn't sacrifice as much as they did.

Lois, Hey girl, Thanks for your lovely words. Big hugs to you too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit