Favorite/least favorite CO's and DO's

by HereIgo 72 Replies latest jw experiences

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

To think of a "favorite" CO, I'd have to go way back to when the COs were like a grandparent that was concerned for the flock. From my personal experience both as a youth and with our own kids, most of the "good ones" had a fondness for and an interest in kids (although there was a CO named Mannera that was a total jerk about kids). However, in the last decade or even two decades, I'd say they have all been Company Men committed to watch over WT$ CA$H as the Prime Directive.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Anthony Fuc#ING Manera. Couldn't think of that old co#ksucker' name that was my other MTS instructor.

Snakes

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Good Ones (IMO): Marv Hollien - early sixties, Wayne Bjornson - early seventies, Gary Breaux - back in the day, Numan Zurahn - actually seemed to care about people.

Bad Ones (IMO): ??? Green - mid sixties, a real prick to kids, M. Harfman - an arrogant prick, Steve Misterfeld, ??? Prouton, ??? Smelser, basically every last mothers son of them except for the very few that tried to be decent people, at least IMO.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Illingsworth did a tour of duty in the DC area. He was decent guy. Came across as down to earth.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I remember Mannera he showed up once as a DO and he was a jerk. WE took him and the Co out to lunch and he was so rude to the young man who was our waiter. I thought he's so use to treating young men badly and having them cower. It was awful what a terrible guy.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

Richard Botz and John Kuss were really big a-holes for COs.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

Brown Payne is the woooorst

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

The best was Alonzo Hawkins. He told me not to go to bethel because it was oppressive. I didn't listen.

He was a college professor before becoming a c.o.

• DocBob
    DocBob
    Paul Illingsworth was a nice guy.

He was our DO 25 or so years ago. I was an elder at the time and our body of elders had a very unpleasant week with our new CO. The CO wrote a rather scathing letter about us to Brooklyn and Paul came to visit us. He told us with a bit of a wink and a nod that because of the growth in the org that when it came to COs that they had to "dip deeper into the talent pool" than they had anticipated. And he said that the CO was only there two weeks a year and to do what we needed to do to get through those two weeks and do what we saw fit for the rest of the year.

• DocBob
    DocBob

Ray Harriman was our CO 35 plus years ago. Reminded me of Tim Conway. Before the org got all weird about firearms, whenever he would visit we'd take him with us to the local range and do some target shooting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit