Favorite/least favorite CO's and DO's

by HereIgo 72 Replies latest jw experiences

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

the so called decent ones were few and far between and not worth wasting breath on, the total ass wipes are the ones that leave a bad taste and the two that I'll never forget were Michael Purbrick( dont ever call him Mike) and Michael Hodgson , I always wondered how the twats could afford tailor made suits, expensive shirts, silk ties and quality shoes on around £100/month maybe even less?

• James Jack
    James Jack

Jim Crosley, John Graeff, Jerry Luckett- Good ones

Darrell Pickens, Kenneth Williams, Bad ones

• freddo
    freddo

Kenneth Williams?

"Ooooh Matron!"

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

"Cyclone Rex" Mainwaring:

- Unpopular? Absolutely, to the point of being loathed.

- Unforgettable? Too bloody right he was.

Good or bad, though? Still not sure about that one!

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    Now...least favorite...hmm...we'll go with the bitter old fart who said my stepdad couldn't have additional privileges because his grown daughter (me) was attending college

That guy sounded like a self righteous tit.

But to be fair it sounds like he was only following the pharasaical.....er I mean the Branch correspondence guidelines 🤔

• lancelink
    lancelink

Northern Illinois .

Paul Illingsworth was a nice guy.

there was also a guy named Steve ? Who had a wife that was really sick in the mid 80's, I heard later that she died.

The reason I liked him is that he actually spent time going around to the young children in the hall, talking one on one with them. And instead of telling them to do more service, he would listen to their concerns and encourage them to hang in there.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

isnt it amazing that the vast percentage of us generally only remember the awful COs , these jumped up company men with very few redeeming qualities, neurotic, health obsessed and of course the vast majority of whom are egomaniacs, and recalling my fathers dealings with them over the years the vast majority of elders hated them also!

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I didn't pay too much attention to them unlike all the brown nosing sisters(not all...to be fair) fighting it out to have them for a meal.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

are these hateful men chosen to becone CO's-? -or do CO's end up that way ?

• steve2
    steve2

Barry Bines and Monty Gower in New Zealand - both CO organization men through and through in the 60s and 70s, although Barry was possibly a tad more lifeless and plastic than Gower. Neither of them were loving or kind - which, from the organization's perspective, made them perfect for the role. When Barry left the role to raise his family, his wife, Janice died under tragic circumstances. I always felt so sorry for her when I saw her traipse behind her husband, quiet as a mouse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit