OCT 2019 Watchtower - Survival dependant on loyalty to JW Leaders

by Listener 75 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    This article right here, is changing the structure of the organization. Soon, the leaders won't have annointed to be part of the GB at all. And the followers will swallow it just like that.

My thought exactly!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS. has been exploiting the basic general belief in the Bible for 100 years going back to the late 1800's, most of this has been accomplished by the WTS heads by selecting certain scriptures out of the bible then creating their own interpretation to suit their literature proliferation needs and agenda.

Or in others words commercialized apocalyptic fear mongering in an act of charlatanism.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Listen, Obey and Be Blessed: It’s a cult!

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

It's stuff like this that make me think the GB know it's all bullshit. They're dishing out damage control already, knowing that their own predictions are failing and the GB wont live to see the big A.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

"The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible. Therefore, it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction." -- Feb 2017 Watchtower

I was thinking the other day after coming home from a Sunday meeting about a couple of scriptures the speaker used in his talk. Ps. 146:3 and Jer. 17:5

As Christians and jw’s we are told in the Bible at Ps.146:3

not to put our trust in nobles or in earthling man,

Also at, Jer. 17:5 it says “cursed is the man that puts his trust in earthling man”---

BUT during his talk the brother often reminded us, jw’s, that we should put our trust the gb? Isn’t the gb made up of earthling man?

So the Bible tells us not to put our trust in men but the organization tells us to put our trust in men. Which is right? Especially now that the gb admits that they can (and have) err in doctrinal matters

just saying!

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Crazy isn't it. Sect alert.

G.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Remember, the Watchtower leaders have never got anything right.............why start listening to them now?

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Well, with a 100% failure rate so far on their own predictions they gotta be right some time. And I think they are right about one thing... the GB will be dead before any such Armageddon scenario occurs.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

WOW, what a load!

I'm an atheist now, but when I was PIMI, I was pretty "deeply dipped." I would say that I was in the top 99.99% of Watchtower loyalists back then; so I know the drill.

It is stunning that "survival" depends,

• NOT on grace,
    • NOT on faith in Christ's sacrifice,
    • NOT in love of the Creator,

but on loyalty to a small group of imperfect confused old fruitbag self-proclaimed "JW leaders."

it's a CULT!

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

My question about the september issue jumped into the conclusion that it was the framework for a change. It was all about the great crowd.

And now, in the october issue it's about the downgrade of the GB. For the FDS is a small place.

Further questions come to mind.

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit