OCT 2019 Watchtower - Survival dependant on loyalty to JW Leaders

by Listener 75 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Hi Smiddy3,

The following is from Insight on the Scriptures, Vol. 2, page 1196, article: “Woman”:

Doug

For those called by God to the heavenly calling (Heb 3:1) to be joint heirs with Jesus Christ, there is no distinction between men and women in a spiritual sense. The apostle writes: “You are all, in fact, sons of God through your faith in Christ … there is neither male nor female; for you are all one person in union with Christ Jesus.” (Ga 3:26-28) These all must receive a change of nature at their resurrection, being made partakers together of “divine nature,” in which state none will be women, for there is no female sex among spirit creatures.

• flipper
    flipper

It's so strange and freaky that usually the REAL truth of reality is the opposite of what WT leaders are feeding these JW's information wise.

Title of the thread : Survival dependant on loyalty to JW leaders.

The REAL truth : Survival depends on escaping misguided loyalty to JW leaders. And escaping the JW cult. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Quite right there flipper , it seems the WTS/Jworg. is cranking up the fear mongering probably because their numbers are decreasing in certain countries , particularly with newly baptized.

The WTS leaders in the past had an easier time of dropping certain teaching proclamations by stopping publications of the literature by the WTS and removing them off the shelves so to speak.

Now with the advent of the inter-net these books and publications can be viewed and analyzed to accuracy and truthfulness.

• hoser
    hoser

So much for dissing the Catholic Church for teaching Apostolic succession

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Finkelstein - "...it seems the WTS/Jworg. is cranking up the fear-mongering probably because their numbers are decreasing in certain countries..."

Other factors too, I'm sure.

In my experience, poor losers always whine the shrillest.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I am hoping the lawsuit against scientology's leader, and even the tax exempt status, will open the door to sue the WTBTS about thier tax exempt status.

A religion/organization that is tax exempt must show how they use thier resources to make a community better. The evagalizing is thier only claim for this. The disaster help might be claimed, but don't they give the physical type help only to other witnesses? Even then they request any insurance monies that are applied for inexchange for thier "help"?

• rockemsockem
    rockemsockem

Reminds me of the old business card I saw once. it said The man who hands you this is a police officer, lay down on the ground take your cloths off and do every thing the nice officer tells you to. If you are that much of a sheep prepare to get a sore butt.

• wozza
    wozza

The Watchtower page 17, par. 14 says - “Capable brothers from among the other sheep will take the lead. We will need to show our loyalty by supporting these brothers and by following their God-given direction. Our survival will depend on it!"

My thoughts on this are -

1. if capable brothers are to be used at this time they are talking about here ,why are they not selected from the rest of the 144K first and then the remaining ,if needed ,from the great crowd ?

2: Could the article be really about the GB actually realizing that they were wrong to adopt high profile images to the world ( unlike their pre-deccessors) , with the court cases etc., they are afraid that eventually being so public is actually a bad thing and they want to hide behind anonymity again!?

3: They have always flip flopped and been vague about when the 144K will go to heaven , so this provides an opportunity to "dissappear" and let the underlings take the flack for the organisation?

• Brighton
    Brighton
    From the article: At some point, all anointed ones who are still on earth will be gathered to heaven to share in the war of Armageddon.

Isn't this the teaching of the rapture? Except for their cult status, so much of their "new light" is long standing teachings of "Babylon The Great"....Wheat and Weeds .... which one are the JWs??

I've long wondered (when I was still "in" - What if WE (JWs) are the weeds??) . Of course none of them would openly entertain that thought or contemplate the consequences.

• waton
    waton

Judgement starts with the house of god aka beth-el.

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living god.

Even Merkel is shaking, realizing what awaits her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit