Brooklyn Layoffs and Halt to Kingdom Hall construction projects

by James Jack 75 Replies latest jw experiences

• millie210
    millie210
    How long will these workers receive $600?
  • sir82
    sir82

who gets $600 a month?

That is the current stipend for US special pioneers. A married SP couple would get $1200/month.

A large percentage, although not all, of laid-off Bethelites get reassigned to be special pioneers.

The unluckiest ones get reassigned as just plain old "pioneers", no "special", no economic support at all, just a "keep warm & well fed" & a hope that someone in their new congregation is willing to hire them.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    Bludee Hell! The financial side of this organisation is beyond redemption. They make VW look like saints. What next? When will the silent majority wake up?
  • carla
    carla
    Thank you Sir.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

James Jack - "...the Governing Body announced that a total of 1600 Bethelites will be let get go and not transferred to Warwick ..."

Wow, that's some Donald-Trump-level corporate downsizing.

Who the hell are they gonna house at all those apartments there and/or serve the GB, then?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Slidin Fast - "When will the silent majority wake up?"

We are waking up.

Why else do you think we end up here?

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

"omg......this could be it!!" The big A is long past you've been put on notice. Say good by to your room and job and three square a day. Time to rejoin the real world and get a life.

yea cause you know those laid off slaves and the KH workers will make a huge different in preaching results. By the way, 220 000 people were born today alone. Can they at least get to those?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Wow, another Bethel downsizing!...I have lost track. Is this the third or fourth wave?

As Sir82 said, this must come as a shock to those who were expecting to be in the new luxury compound.

I'll tell you one thing: I would not want to be in any of the halls where yet another group of fired bethelites is sent. While some may be lucky and some brother with a business may reluctantly hire them, what about the rest? I wonder if the previous groups of fired bethelites are settled? Maybe, maybe not.

The remaining responsible working rank and file Witnesses (who were probably criticized for working for a living and barely hanging onto their jobs) are going to be hit up for money left and right for every Tom, Dick and Harry....This is adding insult to injury. I am sure these appeals will be unrelenting.

Just glad I'm not there!!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    You got to feel really bad for those who have worked at Bethel for say 30-40 years and then sent away with next to nothing for marketable skills, sad.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I know this sounds mean, but I have a hard time feeling bad for people who've set themselves up to be screwed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit