WT and Higher ED

by enoughisenough 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Or how about pulling up beside the KH on a Sunday morning with the Duke of Hazzard General Lee or "Bandit" Trans Am?

Hey how about that?

If looks could kill!!!🤪

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    Or how about pulling up beside the KH on a Sunday morning with the Duke of Hazzard General Lee or "Bandit" Trans Am?

... or maybe one of these? Ecto-1 would go down especially well...

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Next thing you know, they'll be a special elder training video on what's a righteous car and what's not a righteous car.

The guys in this video seem to be trying to get the ultimate "GT" car...they even have the "great tribulation" special secret knock going on (I wonder if that's where they got that knock for that basement scene video?)😁

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3Igz5SfBCE

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Lol...shout out to GhostBusters

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Journeyman, you forgot KITT.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Vidiot- I was filling up My Porche Cayman.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

And. ...shout out to Michael Knight!!

Geez...really showing my age.🙄

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    Journeyman, you forgot KITT

Funnily enough, I thought about including KITT and a couple of other classic cars from TV/film like the Starsky & Hutch Gran Torino but figured they look too ordinary from the outside - need something more eye-catching for parking at the kingdom hall!

I suppose Herbie The Love Bug is a possibility too...

Or even this! 🤣

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

since cars have become a subject, we were always mindful to get a good "service" car and if it happened to be a mini van that could carry at least 7--the more the merrier. There was an older "brother" down here who bought a new mustang convertible a few years back. He didn't keep it long due to peer pressure-clearly an untheocratic car. So don't go to college and don't get a sporty 2 door car or else you are a bad example to the flock-not to mention being materialistic.

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    don't get a sporty 2 door car or else you are a bad example to the flock-not to mention being materialistic

Ah yes, another case of the elders going "beyond what is written".

When I first saw comments about that from people in the USA I was surprised as I've never heard such a thing here in the UK. Generally, there's not such an emphasis on getting the 'right' car for ministry as we don't have such big distances to cover, so the concept of "car groups" doesn't really exist - although I suppose it might be an issue in some remote rural congregations. As someone who's always lived in cities though, I'd never encountered that particular elder prejudice before!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit