Why Not Just Let It Go?

by ikhandi 74 Replies latest jw friends

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

Ah yes I am in the process of letting it all go. I was somewhat sad when I was Dfed four years ago but then I tried to put things back into perspective. There has not been one day that has gone by that I have not questioned did I make the right decisions in my life at that time. At one point you have to move on unless you want to progress with your life. I don't see how that can happen if you cling on to your negative past. I choose not to bash jw's for my mother is one. I choose not to disgrace Jehovahs name by insensitve comments afterall I still believe him to be the creator of all human life

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Ikhandi....... what a thoughtful post for once!..... Of course some here will never let it lay.....they get a perverse sense of justice in bashing the JWs or WBTS its interchangeable of course. Many here have sad tales to tell of cases that have been handled wrong by thier own congregations and they seek a wide world audience here to air their grumbles....of course of the handfull of posters here (and it is a handful) they can find agreement and in their minds and an "almost consencus" here. This forum is full, of such types and it sort of creates a pack mentality at times. Of course thats not to say that some individuals here have genuine concerns, and my heart goes out to them. Like I say though some here have nothing better than thoughts of how to sabbotage the Memorial or something and goad others on to slap them on the back and tell them how wondeful they are for doing so.....just look back in the last few posts to see what I mean, I find that sad and I wonder of the mentality of those that post in this vein....... you keep doing that what you think is right though, keep on that questioning route that you're following, don't become a group within a smaller group that many have become here...inward thinking even more. oh and have fun!!

• LB
    LB

We each have different needs ikhandi and I wish you the best in your journey. Good luck to you.

• avishai
    avishai
    I choose not to disgrace Jehovahs name by insensitve comments

Oh really? like he can't handle it? I am so tired to see these statements still equating Jehovah with the Watchtower bible & tract society inc.

Also, I find your initial comment to be insensitive yo victims of lies, abuse & cover ups,

I choose not to bash jw's for my mother is one.
    How is this relavant? Does that automatically make them right? Does she come to this site?
  • freedom96
    freedom96

There are many reasons that people are on this site. At the beginning, many wanted info on the WTS, or maybe to vent. Later, for some, it becomes a place you can talk to friends. Many posts have nothing to do with witnesses at all.

I think that for many, they have gotten over the whole WTS situation. But, as mentioned above, some still have ties to the organization through no choice of their own. Perhaps relatives or friends are still in.

For myself, I consider this a site where I can listen to others with a similar background. We can discuss many topics, and maybe I will learn a thing or two from interacting with others. Being that I too have some ties still with the organization (I have limited friends and family still in) I can gather information here that I would not have access to any other way.

But, maybe the biggest thing to realize, is that many people had their lives destroyed by this cult, and we are to here to be someone to talk to. Nothing wrong with that.

Human nature means that some will act more strongly than others. Some will vent more than others. Some people you will like, others you won't. Some you will agree with, others, you won't. Just enjoy the site for what it is. Nothing more, nothing less.

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

avishai if you feel that strongly and so bitter maybe you need to march yourself right up the wbts up in Brooklyn and tell them about how you have been wronged As far as your comment about Jehovah being able to take insensitve comments that is really disrespectful. Maybe you should think about some counseling? Just as you have a right to freedom of expression so do I

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Avishai...... No of course that makes you right..... "I choose not to disgrace Jehovah's name by insensitive comments" ......you still seem to equate this with the posters admiration of the WBTS.....did I miss something here? He can#t handle it? why? .....because you say so?......?

"I choose not to bash JWs because my mother is one"........ how is that relevant you say? well maybe he was just stating something in his life, just because it doesn't "square" with yours doesn't make it irrelevant. and does she come to this site? .....oh please...!! clutching at straws here!!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Ikhandi, These are two of the reasons I will never let it go.

• tdogg
    tdogg

ikhandi- you have been out four years now and it appears you have made considerable progress, apparantly more than many others including myself. It was well over ten years before I could make peace with myself. Meanwhile 28 years of my life had gone by. I once also felt bad about disgracing Jehovahs good name and would be angered when others would do so.

Eventually however you may come to the conclusion that: THERE IS NO JEHOVAH. At least not in the way you have been convinced to believe. Jehovah is a creation of man. You take the idea of "GOD", the great benevolent creator of life and reconcille his personality with the one described in the Bible, throw in an incorrect pronunciation of His name and whalla, you have Jehovah.

Those that make light of Jehovah here do it because they do not belive He exists.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

See what I mean Ikhandi.........some are totally ga-ga! ....keep the faith matey!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit