Why Not Just Let It Go?

by ikhandi 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

ikhandi you are welcome to your opinion and to post your thoughts as freely as anyone else here, juat as scooby is. I would suggest you look up the post of JWs that visit here and see just how unbalanced and bitter they are.

I and Scooby could you give your free opinion of this:

Especially after me and/or people in my immediate family have been assaulted, raped, molested, & stolen from to the tune of a few hundred thousand dollars, & had houses likely burned by people in the jws. Also had inheritances from non-jw great grand parents stolen by jw grand parents while still a jw. I personally have been beaten senseless by more than one jw & been told too "Let it go, jehovah will take care of it". This is the attitude that is precisely the prob. inside the jw's.

Be specific

Brummie

• blackout
    blackout

His/her name isn't Jehovah it YHWH. And he exists no more or less than the gods Horus, Isis, Jesus, Allah, Medusa, etc etc etc.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I would agree that some of the comments made on this board about the memorial are in bad taste. I said something as a joke, but it was just that. Sometimes being able to laugh at our cult experience goes a long way towards healing the wounds, but I do agree it can get carried away, and I worry about the impression it might make on a newbie. But thankfully this place isn't like the Kingdom Hall with its forced conformity and mind-numbing dullness.

There are all kinds here, I don't see a pack mentality at all truthfully. If you're interested in more serious JW discussion board Channel C might be a good place for you, less adolescent stuff on that board.

Take care ikhandi!

• avishai
    avishai
    Be specific

What, you want names? Dates? I got'em, if you want em. Not sure quite what ya meant, brummie.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Oh sorry Avashie! I was asking Ikhandi & Scooby to be specific when commenting on that paragrah that I had quoted of yours. Do they think this is all just a drop in the bucket? It was implied that people who have been witnesses have no GOOD reason to hold on to the past and should just "shrug shoulders" and let it go. I quoted your story to demonstrate that many have good reason NOT to just shut up and let it go.

I was asking them to comment specifically on your experience as it seemed they didnt recognise the depth of peoples expereinces. Scooby in particular just shrugs everything off with an "Who cares" attitude.

Brummie

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Ikhandi.....amazing some here are suddenly saying no we weren't really belittling the memorial, can't you see ?.,it was all really just a laugh.... Lol..... and when it comes to me.... apparently I just "shrug" everyone or everything off with a who cares attitude! Well there you go!.......remember that. you know you can share you're experience here, but if it don't fit you ain't in. Share it by all means, so long as it follows the pattern laid down by Brummie et al. Funny if it weren't so sad and true here, it just might be plausible. don't bank on it though!

• minimus
    minimus

Scooby, if you don't feel that you fit in, why don't you just leave? Methinks you like what goes on. Otherwise, with all your feelings of dissatisfaction, you'd be gone. Some people like being the oppressed minority. Hey, have fun!

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Time to start another weekend poser me thinks Mimimus.......guaranteed a good response......in the meantime , puzzle this one....who said I don't I feel and I don't fit in?? don't remember saying that, and not sure I wanna leave just yet! The "oppressed minority"? LOL who you talking about here!...... kind of hard to distinguish here. Maybe you can help me out sometime with one of your ever popular polls? and have fun too Minimus m&m's

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Share it by all means, so long as it follows the pattern laid down by Brummie et al.

Please now give me an example of the patter I have laid down? I guess that is a persecution complex i can smell lingering around your head! Wonder where you got that from?...Oh i know, its an identifying mark of the JWS.

you know you can share you're experience here, but if it don't fit you ain't in

THAT is just scheme-ing against the good of this board, you shared your experience of "good memories" in one of your threads and I supported you in it and so did others! Why are you telling ikhandie opposite of what is true?...oh i know, its an identifying mark of the JWs!

If you jump on here telling people that the WTower is ok, not so bad, alright...what response do you expect? Go in to a support group of beaten wifes or rape victims and tell them that the beater or rapist aint so bad...see what response you get.

Just because a lot of people disagree with you it doesnt mean you are being persecuted, geeesh.

A final thought, . I wouldnt walk into a kh during a memorial if you paid me. I do not think its funny to do that either. Why? because the greatest mockery of the memorial happens once a year at every KH around the world, millions of JWs get together and pass away the emblems believing it is not for them. This is a total VISIBLE denial that Christ died for them personally, this practice only happens in various branches of one other movement and that is the occult where they burn a bible and pass the emblems AWAY from them to acknowledge their total rejection of Christ.....Its a mockery just like in JWs. and yet you have the audacity to tell exjws that THEY are making a mockery?....puurlease!

Brummie

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

"I am fairly new to this board, but have been lurking for awhile before I decided to become a registered member. I have read many posts old and new and can't help but wonder why many of you just don't let it go? Some of you have expressed bitterness and disgust over what the wts has done to you. Others make fun of jw's and their cause. Many make insensitve comments about Jehovah and his son Jesus. There have been many who have been on this board for awhile and continue to do all things I have mentioned above. Will there ever come a time where you will say I have had enough with the bashing, I am moving on with my life. How can you call yourself free when you spend so much time talking about your life as a jw? Why not let that part of your life go forever? I cannot help but wonder, why do you pause here to read these comments? Why don't YOU just move on and go to a place in which you feel people are more positive??? You were drawn here for a reason. Most of us are as well. If you don't like what you see here, move on. For most of us, we've endured a lot of pain at the expense of the WTS. It's incredibly comforting and supportive to know that we are not alone. With all due respect, take your free psychological advice and move on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit