Why Not Just Let It Go?

by ikhandi 74 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
  • DanTheMan
  • DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Sorry about all that!!! I don't know what I did that caused that.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

hope you weren't having one of your messed up phases Dan........ !

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I wasn't, but thanks for your concern!

• JT
    JT
    Someone said as an inactive JW I'm not worth the dirt on some other active JW males shoe......this made me laugh the most.... thats certainly not what I've experienced whilst attending the occasional meeting or assembly

That is an interesting comment, for you must be a new jw. while it is true when you attend the meeting they will treat you nice, of course they want you to come back,

but in terms of any social actives you will not be included unless it is for the purpose of : "Let's invite Scobby since he is one of the weak ones"

as i stated if you are male you are dog meat in the eyes of the elders and CO- did you read my quote from the WT spokesman in ref to males who hold no title, IT IS A SIGN FOR THE FRIENDS TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE SPIRITUALLY WEAK

yep no title = not spiritual

personally i have no intentions of dogging you in fact i have often spoken about the need for former jw to not be so hard on folks just like you

too many former jw in my view forget from where they came- it is not unusal for a current jw to come here and defend the wt, in fact most of us did it when we came, I know personally as a former Society Man myself I did-

so i have often stated instead of dogging a jw like yourself - i beleive in commending folks like you

when i consider the shear effort it takes on the part of a current jw just to be here is really amazing

many jw accept the wt clear instructions on not hanging out with those who are DF DA or question the society, yet a person like yourself has made a conscience decision that the boys in brooklyn depsite their claim of being directed by god himself are simply WRONG on what you can read and who you can talk to

i think you made the comment that you willing to examine issues and that is good

if you don't mind me asking have you had the chance to read Rays book and if so what do you think of the documented material that he provides?

When you first came here to this site and realized that most folks here are former jw, what caused you to take pause and dialog instead of saying like one person said,

demons will start coming out of my PC if i stay on this site?

i find it most interesting to see what makes folks tick esp jw-

i could quote you page and paragraph about why you are not suppose to be on this site if you believe the FDS speaks for god as claimed, yet i will not make that into an issue-

but i would like to know as a jw what about the organzation gives you reason for pause-

i find that in most cases it falls into two catogories

1. personalilty differences - where one questions the "Love" that is supposed to be showed, due to being cut short, gossipped about, not being used in the org, just feelings of being left out, seeing clicques in congo, etc

2. DOGMAS - seeing that many of the doctrines really don't have any bible basis AS CLAIMED

seeing that when asked about a dogma one can only respond by saying "Because the Society says so, instead of the bible says so"

so what is it for you if you don't mind me asking-- for me it was dogma- i was treated well in the org, well respected and loved by the friends, i was part of the in crowd, so for me life in the org was fine, but it was the dogmas i could not reconcile- and the wait on jah routine didn't cut it when in fact too many times it had nothing to do with jah,it was simply wrong and unbiblically based

more like a Policy than a scripture- smile

looking forward to your thoughts

beyond BECAUSE "

• Introspection
    Introspection

I haven't read every message in this thread, but did scan pages 2-4 to get a sense of where it's gone.

First of all, I think it's useful to acknowledge that this line of inquiry may very well imply a judgemental attitude, conscious or not - I'll let you each decide for yourself. Maybe a better question is when one would let it go. If someone has been in the organization for decades from the time of infancy and have not 'worked on' it in any way at all, it's a little unreasonable to expect them to let it all go in 5 minutes, don't you think? Of course, in any given moment we may be free from any thought created mental stress, but overall things like this does come back up.

This leads into the difference between letting something go and repressing it. While the question of why you can't just let it go is a good one, if you're honest with yourself the first thing to see is that no, you can't let it go, not right now. If that is in fact the truth in this moment, no amount of influence from others and anything they'll say will make you let it go, you can't let something go if you keep pushing it away, because it never got as far as your sphere of control so that you can let it go - if it's unconscious it will just come back to haunt you.

The bottom line is, this is something that is a challenge for most people, regardless of the form it takes. Someone may be offended that another person slandered their God's name - well why can't you let THAT go? It's irrelevant whether the issue is a religious one or not. Most people hang on to something, so if we're talking about letting go then just about everyone has something to work on. If you're really free and let it all go, you'll let this question go, too.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Poor Scoobie...he thinks all that JW "friendliness" towards him is genuine. Its about as genuine as when two JWs go to a door and give their schpiel, only to have the door slammed on them. Oh yeah they were sweet as PIE to that householders face but the minute they are rejected, "Boy was THAT guy a goat! I get his house when he gets blasted at Armageddon LOL! He thinks he has paradise NOW just because he drives a BMW hahaha! And did you SEE that Bathtub Mary he has in the front yard? Catholics!...."

And at the hall: "Oh Brother Elder what a wwwwonnndderrful talk you gave this morning! We we all just saying how ENCOURAGING that information was!" and 30 seconds later when Brother Elder is out of earshot..."Did you SEE how he was flirting with Sister Tightskirt this morning?? and I heard he hasnt paid his taxes for three years running now! Someone said they saw a red car parked at his house ALL NIGHT last weekend!"....

yeah...genuinely friendly those Dubs. The JW who SLEPT THROUGH the entire district assembly will be the first one to say how UPLIFTING the whole damn thing was. Have you EVER heard a JW say that an assembly was boring and a waste of time? LOLOL! About as real as Pamela Lee's boobage.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Lovesdubs....... You can be patronising if it suits you, but I still think on the whole, and in my experience JWs as a group are decent people. As a nurse I meet thousands of people year in year out, so I do get to see a little of how people act and behave, and even if you rubbish my observations, know that it remains just your opinion and not mine.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    JWs as a group are decent people

I would agree. Misguided, exhausted, guilt-ridden and largely unaware of many many things about their own religious organization, but decent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit