Hi Everyone! I'm homeless now!

by Yizuman 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I wonder if the Good News Ministry there evolved from the one in Pensacola, Florida founded by Charlie Osborne. The one I belong to here in Tallahassee came out of there and was started by David Stewart. We were originally part of Good News Ministry, but we are now an outgrowth called Good News Outreach. The big difference is that Good News Ministry here is geared to evangelism--but we are into the active apostolate (Soup Kitchen, elder care, food distribution, Mercy Houses--3 half way houses for ex-inmates, a boys group foster home, a girls group foster home, the only pro-life clinic in Florida, Mission Oaks Apartments, which provides low cost apartment living for up to 20 men and Maryland Oaks Crossing (in the making) , which will offer affordable, rent subsidized manufactured housing primarily for single parent families, veterans and handicapped.

Neal, we do hope you the best. By all means, take up the suggestion of helping out while you stay there. Thinking of the welfare of others gives you less time to mope and concentrate on your problems. We love you.

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

Just to let you know that we are thinking of you, I have missed your postings, so I am pleased to hear that you are okay, and at least you have a roof over your head.

As everyone has said, be postive, and look forward, if you are determined, you can achieve the impossible.... so keep going....

((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

Mrs Nightwarrior

• freedom96
    freedom96

Attitude is everything!!

Attitude is what is going to change your circumstances. It will affect who you meet, and what can result from that meeting.

Sometimes it is hard, when things feel so rough. But, you must force yourself to change, and smile, and be confident. People can read the attitude that you put off, and if it is negative, they will know. So if you must, force it.

• BadJerry
    BadJerry

Hi Neal, sorry about the situation your in, think of it as only temporary. I was wondering why you couldn't stay at your sisters or your dad's.

being in the big city will give you more opportunities, something will come about. you seem to be trying and thats to be commended. one more question, could you try teaching at a school for the deaf , adults or children computer related stuff, you are so good with that, I've seen what you did on the art page. Just a thought, take care

Jackie (imanaliento) can't post my user ID because it comes up as my password so I have to use my husbands until Simon gets it storted out.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Yizman:
    Best of luck to you.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Good luck to you finding a job. I hope they have an employment counselor there, if not a city that size will have one somewhere. You could ask around or even look in the phone book under employment. Like everyone else has said do you best to keep a good attitude. It will help you get through this difficult time. I am thinking postive thoughts for you.

Leslie

• ugg
    ugg

yizuman,,,,,,i have been thinking about you...please don't give up....some thing will happen for the

good soon,,,,,just keep trying....yes,i know,,,,easier said than done....

• hurt
    hurt

Dear Yizuman,

can't help but be touched. MY family's been homeless before, all our things thrown out because we couldn't pay the bills. Was it tough. Your words bring back those horrible memories of fear, depression, and haunting insecurity. Please hang in there man. Hang on there. I can't do much more than words, I hope they bring you a semblance of peace. And may your efforts be successful.
    H

• josephus
    josephus

dear yizuman

like many others, ive been praying for you a bit. if i could help more i would. if you lived nearby id move you in. i sincerly hope things improve for you.

i will keep on praying if thats ok

faithfully

josephus

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Thanks for all of the kind replies. It's been a tough few days for me especially I cried during meal times. I guess it's because I've been self suffient for so long and I felt depressed that I am eating food prepared by someone else rather than me.

According to the Mission's rules, I have to work for them for 5 days before I can schedule my own days off so I can go job hunting.

I don't know the city well and it's gonna be tuff finding my way around and how to use the buses to get to places where I need to be to apply for jobs after finding some want ads I wanna look into.

Time is limited just for myself and it's not easy to adjust to.

Gonna email one ad I saw in the paper for a data entry job. Hope I get a call soon.

So far I've applied for 3 jobs near the missions and there's not alot of jobs near here within walking distance.

By the way, someone at the front desk told me someone called and said he read about me on the internet and wanted to see if I am actually at the Missions. Guess someone wanted to make sure I'm not faking it.

Well, wish me luck all.

Neal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit