Hi Everyone! I'm homeless now!

by Yizuman 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Yiz,

Something good will come of all this, I'm sure.

Gamaliel

Thanks! Neal

• musky
    musky

If you can see yourself working in a skilled trade, carpentry, electrician, etc, then go to some local unions and see if they are hiring any apprentices.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Musky wrote: "If you can see yourself working in a skilled trade, carpentry, electrician, etc, then go to some local unions and see if they are hiring any apprentices."

Ok, I'll see what I can find.

Thanks

Neal

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Hi Yizuman!

I've never posted directly to you, but I hope you're doing well. I've kinda been in your situation before. Thankfully, I had some "worldly" friends that took me in until I could find a job and my own place. It was when I was 19 and was freshly DFed. My father told me to get the "hell out of his house in 48 hours." Nice thing for a father to say, huh? Anyways, it only took me 24 and I stayed at some friends for a month or so. I got a job waitressing at a local restaurant. Something you may consider doing. I waited tables for 7 long years and made pretty decent money doing it. If you can handle being on your feet and hussling your a** off, I'm sure you'll do fine. You seem to have an outgoing and calm personality, which is always helpful waiting tables. Granted you only make $2/hour, but the tips on Friday and Saturday nights usually had me coming home with $80 - $125/night for a beginner, not counting the other nights I worked. (Make sure you get into a decent restaurant!) The last year I did it, I made close to $40K!!!

Don't be offended by anyone checking in on you. If you don't have anything to hide, why let it bother you? All it does is prove you right and prove them wrong. Just remember, we're all here because we've been lied to. Please understand if we question ANYTHING about you. We do it for self-preservation.

Wishing you the best and praying for you today!

Andi

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Billygoat wrote: "I've never posted directly to you, but I hope you're doing well. I've kinda been in your situation before. Thankfully, I had some "worldly" friends that took me in until I could find a job and my own place. It was when I was 19 and was freshly DFed. My father told me to get the "hell out of his house in 48 hours." Nice thing for a father to say, huh? Anyways, it only took me 24 and I stayed at some friends for a month or so. I got a job waitressing at a local restaurant. Something you may consider doing. I waited tables for 7 long years and made pretty decent money doing it. If you can handle being on your feet and hussling your a** off, I'm sure you'll do fine. You seem to have an outgoing and calm personality, which is always helpful waiting tables. Granted you only make $2/hour, but the tips on Friday and Saturday nights usually had me coming home with $80 - $125/night for a beginner, not counting the other nights I worked. (Make sure you get into a decent restaurant!) The last year I did it, I made close to $40K!!!"

I could try that, hope they don't consider my deafness a problem, also I might have trouble understanding their orders unless I get the customers to point at what they want on the menu. I feel that may annoy them, dunno. Most folks are understanding, there's just a few that might have a problem with me. I can try and see how it turns out with the manager and customers.

Don't be offended by anyone checking in on you. If you don't have anything to hide, why let it bother you? All it does is prove you right and prove them wrong. Just remember, we're all here because we've been lied to. Please understand if we question ANYTHING about you. We do it for self-preservation.

I guess I shouldn't have let it bother me. I've been pretty sensitive lately so I went overboard on it. My fault. I'll let it go next time.

Wishing you the best and praying for you today!

Andi

Thanks

Neal

• musky
  • Yizuman
    Yizuman

Thanks Musky,

Didn't find anything that matches my interests or skills. Too many professional jobs that I have no skills on.

Also it didn't have a Noblesville listed or Hamilton County listed either. I did search through Marion County as well as Indianapolis. Nothing there except Pro listings.

I did get a call yesterday about a job but the number is long distance and it needs to be approved by Mr. Rainwalker. He's not in yet when I left the Missions building, so I will be waiting for him.

Got an appointment to see a doctor at the free clinic across the street from the Missions for a hearing test to get a IndyGo Bus Pass since I can get a special pass that will save me half fare (50 cents out of a dollar). I got the forum from the IndyGo Shop that will need to be filled out by the doctor for me to take back and get my pass.

Was gonna go to the Indiana School for the Deaf today, but had two things to do today. So I'll go tomorrow instead. Need to get someone to call the school first and find out who I need to talk to there and if an appointment is needed first.

Wish me luck on this job thing.

Neal

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Well, I asked for help to make a phone call to the Road Ranger Food Mart/ Gas Station and Mr. Rainwalker said he does not make long distance phone calls. So, I can't use the payphone and I'm not gonna spend craploads of coins into the phonebooth either.

Is there anyone that could please help me make a call for me?

I will cover the cost of the phone call since it's cheaper than using the payphone. My address is posted on page one. Send me a bill and I will cover it.

What I need to know is what, when and where he wants to me to go to for the job interview.

If you go to Page 1, you'll find my address on it, see if he needs help near that address in one of the stores and and if it is buslined since I have no car.

His name is Abe and the phone number is [edited - Abe has been contacted and I don't think he would appreciate getting more phone calls from having his number posted online - Scully].

Make mention that I have over 15 years of Retail Experience.

If anyone can help, please send me back a private message.

I really need a job bad. Plus this is the first call I've gotten since I arrived at the missions. I've put out like 30+ resumes put together since I started job hunting.

Thanks

Neal

• kat_newmas
    kat_newmas

Yiz.... I just made the call for you.Spoke with Abe. The details are in your in-box and your yahoo box. If you need me to call him back for you ... just let me know.

• kat_newmas
    kat_newmas

ok... yiz says his inbox is not working, and I just tried to send scully a message.. but just in case...

Do you still have that number... I didnt know that Yiz didnt have directions, I just thought he needed an interview time. I am in Georgia, so I havent a clue where he needs to go.

I called the number from my stupid bedroom phone, and it doesnt have re-dial. (how stupid) if you could e-mail that number to me, it would help.

sorry yiz.. I am trying to help. my e-mail.. [email protected] if you dont have the number anymore I will just see if yiz e-mails me again.

(I know you all think I am taking a risk... that yiz may be a con. But it is just a phone call and I didnt think it could hurt. so far it checks out. a guy named Abe did answer, and gave me the info about the interview. I figure if the guy is trying, it wouldnt hurt to help a lil...one human to another) why am I defending myself ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit