Hi Everyone! I'm homeless now!

by Yizuman 81 Replies latest jw friends

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Why does a long distance call need to be made for a mini-mart? If the call is long distance, the walk is going to be farther.....

• kat_newmas
    kat_newmas

Kat Newmas thinks maybe Yiz can take a bus for one dollar. But wonders about long-distance .Hopes Yiz is looking for a Job in the same town... Kat Newmas lives in Georgia... and is not familliar with the city Yiz is in.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong
    Why does a long distance call need to be made for a mini-mart?

Maybe Apu is hiring at the Kwik-E-Mart

• riz
    riz

thank you- come again.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Teenyuck wrote - Why does a long distance call need to be made for a mini-mart? If the call is long distance, the walk is going to be farther.....

Because Abe has more than one store and more than one state he runs his business I assume, if he's the owner.

So he has a store somewhere in Indiana and I can't locate the nearest store from where I am at and I am hoping it's on a busline that I can go there.

I applied for a job thru his corporate website and Abe then called me at the missions and left a message with the front desk where I later picked it up.

It's long distance and the missions won't allow long distance calls. Plus I am deaf so I can't use the payphone since there are no built in TTDs nearby for me to use. Plus relay service will want a resident phone number which I don't have in order for them to bill me for making a LD call for me. Since I don't own a phone anymore, they can't make a LD phone call for me. They won't bill my call to someone else's phone number which is illegal.

That answer your question Teen???

Neal

• kat_newmas
    kat_newmas

Yiz........I e-mailed you.. but yahoo is losing alot of mail... so just in case......

It is one 1:16 am, (middle of the night) tues night. I have called all night, and no one seems to be able to give me directions. I even called a police station there....and a cab stand(they were buttheads)

Suggestion......get the address from the phone book.... go to a computer... go to yahoo driving directions.... type in the address to the mission or shelter, and type in the address to the store... it should plot you the fastest way, and even give you a map...with turn by turn directions.

If all else fails, and you have a little cash, call a cab.... they will have to know where to take you.

No cash? Salvation Army should be able to get you a voucher for the cab ride. I had to be very resourcefull in my youth.... I am sure they will help you. I will call them if you need me to, but it would be cheaper on me, if you could get the number locally.... and post it here. I wont be home till six thirty Georgia time tomorrow... but I will check here, as soon as i hit the pewter.

A pastor friend of mine is attempting to get me that number though, if he does, I will go ahead and call them.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Yiz........I e-mailed you.. but yahoo is losing alot of mail... so just in case......

It is one 1:16 am, (middle of the night) tues night. I have called all night, and no one seems to be able to give me directions. I even called a police station there....and a cab stand(they were buttheads)

Suggestion......get the address from the phone book.... go to a computer... go to yahoo driving directions.... type in the address to the mission or shelter, and type in the address to the store... it should plot you the fastest way, and even give you a map...with turn by turn directions.

If all else fails, and you have a little cash, call a cab.... they will have to know where to take you.

No cash? Salvation Army should be able to get you a voucher for the cab ride. I had to be very resourcefull in my youth.... I am sure they will help you. I will call them if you need me to, but it would be cheaper on me, if you could get the number locally.... and post it here. I wont be home till six thirty Georgia time tomorrow... but I will check here, as soon as i hit the pewter.

A pastor friend of mine is attempting to get me that number though, if he does, I will go ahead and call them.

Well since this store is fairly new in Indiana and if there are any brand new stores in Indianapolis, it may or may not yet be listed in this year's phone book.

I will try the yahoo search as you suggested and see what I can find. I checked their website and their store location feature isn't ready yet since it looks like a brand new website.

I'll keep trying on my end....

Anyway, I went to the mission's free health clinic on Monday and discovered they have a free hearing aid program and I signed up BIG TIME! w00t! So I went back yesterday and took the hearing tests and signed the application forums. Thing is each app is $35.00 each and I have to pay $70.00 to have my app processed in order for me to get my free hearing aids and I'm low on money.

So they asked me instead to write a letter explaining why I can't afford the app fee and see they can cover it for me instead, in which case I hope so. This could help alot boosting my chances of getting a job and if they see I have hearing aids. Especially for a factory setting job where loud noises is important for me to hear for my protection and prevent possible accidents.

So, hopefully I get my free hearing aids and I'd be on the good for a possible job. (Crosses fingers)

Wish me luck!

Thanks for trying to help!

Neal

• kat_newmas
    kat_newmas

I am on my way to work ( my part-time cushy job, in a mini-storage facility) I do nothing for five hours a day, but watch t.v. and rent storage units & office-spaces.

I do have the benefit there of being able to call (free) anywhere in the world (as part of my job is to call and remind these idiots to pay their rent.... I am a baby-sitter really) LOL

My friend has put me in touch with some people from the Salvation Army, so I may be able to take advantage of some free phone time today.

(close your eyes simon)

A smart person may be able to go online, look for the Macon Telegraph (newspaper) web-site (central georgia) there is currently an ad under : office space rentals. My office number should be listed there....If you can have someone call me collect, with any helpful info.... I can maybe get farther with this. ( you must make this call Person to Person, collect) My first name is Timmy. I will be in the office from 12:30 to 6:00pm.

As for Yahoo driving directions.... there are hundreds of similliar sites all over the net.... However there are tons of ways to find local directions.

**** If there is concern, for my safety here or stupidity here... dont be alarmed folks... I been through this, dont worry... Got this covered.

Try and see it this way if you think Yiz may be a con-artist.... IF these are merely excuses... then I am shooting them down one at a time. I dont mind helping those who help themselves. I am the kind of person that when someone says " I am in this position, and here is the reason why". . . Well then let's fix that reason, the rest will be up to Yiz.

1. cant make phone calls..............I gotcha covered.

2. don't know where to go.............. simple solution.

I wont send money ... but I will send postage stamps, letters of reference, letters of contact. I will do research on the web, and gladly e-mail you all that I find.

I wont do it forever. You are going to have to do a lot of hard work here. Nobody is going to hand you a job. IT may not be politically correct to say.... but disability or NOT... people will only hire you if you can prove you have something to offer to them. It will take you much walking in the cold, and much determination..... If you dont have that... then you have wasted much time and consideration of those on this website. I am not a charity organization, but my dealings with JW's have not made me a hard hearted person. I am willing to help you in anyway that I can. If you have lied to people here, and myself... then you must face your own concience. I am very protective of my family, and wont allow this in any way to interfere or harm them.

Yiz... I grew up on the streets... to the point of not knowing how to fit in with society.. BUT nobody really ever helped me because I didnt ask..... I was always dressed and carrying a bag. trying to impersonate a college student. I did not let day-walkers know that I was homeless. A matter of pride I suppose. I got off the streets, because I worked hard. I have never slept in a mission. There were nights after work, that I would sneak out the back door, climb on the roof and fall asleep. I would wash in public bathrooms, and eat what others threw away. I have stolen food, but only from large stores, that could spare it. .. . . and only when starvation was my only other option.

I was a child... I never weighed more than 110 pounds till long after I turned 25. There are valid excuses for becoming homeless...... but not for remaining that way. I am constantly running homeless teenagers back and forth to medical exams and job interviews. I can offer you advice that most on this site will never even have to think about... I am not a know it all.... but this is one area that I know just about everything about... so if this is a con... I will see through it eventually. Dont let this scare you from asking me for help... but know that I am not a fool.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

(((((Yizuman)))))

I’m so sorry to hear about you losing your job and your home. It seems like that happens to a lot of us after leaving the jws. I think it is part of emptying ourselves from the old way of thinking and living…like the

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Grrrrrrr....

I'll try again...

I’m so sorry to hear about you losing your job and your home. It seems like that happens to a lot of us after leaving the jws. I think it is part of emptying ourselves from the old way of thinking and living…like the

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit