Hi Everyone! I'm homeless now!

by Yizuman 81 Replies latest jw friends

• kat_newmas
    kat_newmas

Good luck... dont be so defensive.. people are going to check out your story, before they offer you help. It is how you react to that, that may effect the kind of help you get.

I grew up on the streets... literally, after leaving this religion. I was an adult by the time I slept in a bed again, an adult. I used to sleep on the roof-tops of fast food joints to avoid being raped. I have slept under school busses in the snow...

but it is what you learn from the experience that can make you a strong person. It sounds weird... but I kinda miss those days... not really , but it is how I grew up... my roots I guess. I was able to learn so much about "the human condition" . I believe it is why I am a successfull artist now.

Hang in there.... heck! you are in a good position to just "see" things. Your schedule certainly permits for a few walks alone in the park or the woods.... look around man.... SEE the world. You might be surprised. Learn from it. Feed on it. Protect yourself.

Be safe man, my thoughts are with you. That DOES matter.

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

Neal,

I certainly wish the best for you. I haven't read all your previous posts so I don't know about your family situation, although I remember a lot of people didn't believe you were deaf. In a bigger city there must be more opportunities. While you are at the library, I know you'll also be looking into organizations that help place people with "disabilities." Also, did you ever find out if Social Security can provide any assistance.

Please keep checking in and let us know how the search works out.

Gamaliel

• Scully
    Scully

Yizuman:

Honestly, I don't think it's "paranoid" of anyone to feel the need to confirm your information. It's important to be cautious, because nobody wants to be taken advantage of - there are so many scams and con-artists around, it's just common sense for people to want to make sure for their own peace of mind. They aren't trying to offend you by checking out your information.

Uzzah is a good and genuine person - one of the best there is around here - and someone I consider completely trustworthy. I would appreciate it if you apologized for your outburst toward him.

Love, Scully

• Uzzah
  • Uzzah
  • Uzzah
    Uzzah

Scully:

Thank you for your kind words, undeserved as they may be. However I don't need an apology from Neal. A forced or coerced apology is meaningless and actually in this case irrelevant. Did I not read that Yizuman has never been a Witness? Yet he comes on a board focussed on former JW's to plead his case and both overtly and more surreptiously request help.

I am not going to detail my personal background since it simply is that, my past, but suffice it to say I well know the streets and not from the comfort of a shelter (for that is where most 12/13 year boys were attacked at night). I also well know the personalities that make up those on the streets.

Not all people appearing to be needy were, not all those who sought help really wanted it, and not all those claiming to want to rise above their current circumstances were willing to actually work to do so. Some are content to live on the charity of others (pariahs of society).

I have never known a truly needy person to resent due and proper examination into their plight before offering aid beyond the quarters dropped into the worn coffee cup or hat held out on the street of course. Anyone, including underage strippers and teen prostitutes who really wanted out understood when sincere good people wanted to reach out and help but first made efforts to ensure the money would be put to the use stated.

In a metropolitan area such as where I currently live, it is often the course of the seasoned city dweller to buy the homeless a coffee or sandwich rahter than simply giving the money to be used for items other than essentials.

I give to the United Way to assist in caring for those that can't or don't want to help themselves. Any other giving that I do is only to those that are actually doing something to rise above it and not just spending time on bulletin boards/discussion board totally irrelevant to their own experience soliciting help and/or sympathy.

I am a firm believer that any person who actually wants to work can do so. I was without money on a couple of different occasions in my life. I mean nothing. I knocked on doors and offered manual labor, cleaning the eavestroughs, raking leaves, shovelling snow, gathering up old skids selling it as kindling, whatever it took to make enough money to feed myself that night and then do it again the next day.

It took effort, sweat and work. I am now despite a lot of obstacles in a very successful management position and still operating a mildly successful home based business.

Bottom line, I know the scams and some thrive on the sympathy of others and then get extremely sensitive when someone challenges them threatening that line of sympathy. Scams aren't always material, some scams are solely emoional from emotional vampires. Something we have seen at xjw boards on more than one occasion.

I view caution as a good thing. Why you are afraid of it, just raises more questions. I am NOT telling others not to help you but simply that your reaction to a simple investigation (like making sure you are actually in a shelter) has given me sufficient cause to doubt your sincerity and therefore your reaction has put a stop to any charitable feelings or assistance I am willing to give to you.

Your attacks of my (ahem) lonely existance ring hollow. Also since you have never been a JW, you snide remarks about hanging onto JW paths also ring hollow.

I hope you find the help you need, but I don't think an online discussion board is where you will find it.

Uzzah

I am done trying to steady this particular ark

• Farkel
    Farkel

Yizuman,

I just don't believe you. I won't bother to explain why. I just don't.

The more you try to explain your situation, the less I believe you. It's just too tightly presented and delivered in an almost expectable package over a serial of posts.

I'm very sorry if I'm wrong. You won't starve to death in the USA. I've stood in food lines myself, so it's not that I cannot empathize with the position you say you are in.

I just don't believe you. (Ooooops. I already said that.)

Farkel

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Scully......"I don't know how close you are to a hospital, but they are always looking for people, and for the most part the pay is competitive...so that your daytime hours are free to go looking for other work, if you decide to look for something else".

Yiz.....Well, I don't know the area where I am at very well, so I am trying to learn my way around Indianapolis, it's gonna take me a while.

Well it didnt take you very long to learn your way into finding where they keep the computers for you to get on the internet and post this! Perhaps it would just take as long to find your way to the nearest hospital if you refocused on the priorities in life.

All the best in the shelter you are in and I hope things work out for you, I also hope you will apologise for your regular verbal bs against anyone who queries you, this time Uzziah got it, who next?

Brummie

• Farkel
    Farkel

Brummie,

You rock! Spot on observation!

Uzzah,

Please e-mail me:

[email protected]

Farkel

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Well I am sorry for reacting the way I did. I should have just let that go but I didn't.

Some folks don't believe me which is fine, I'm gonna let that go.

Brummie, the library is just 2 doors down from the missions, not hard to miss at all. I am fortunant that it's here.

Anyway, I got my unemployment check and paid 2 weeks of rent at the missions which frees me of doing the work detail for the missions and focus on looking for work. Part of the work detail is for those who have no money to pay rent which is $65.00 a week to stay at the missions, the work detail pays for room and board. However, it hinders my time to look for work so when I got my check, it freed me from doing any work details and get out and look for real work.

I found out where the Wishard Hospital is as suggested by one poster to look for work and asked for information on what buses I need to take to get there so I can apply for work. That will be my first stop in the morning.

I also took out some ads from Sunday's Edition and found some jobs that I can fax my resume to and the guy here at the missions said I can use the fax machine here at no cost and sent out several of them. Hope to hear some calls soon.

the first two goals I need to work on after gaining employment is..

1.) pay off any debts that I have.

2.) Find me a room to rent after debts are paid off.

Those are the two goals I wanna work on and I haven't thought far on step 3, but I will when I get there.

If anyone has any suggestions, please lemme know.

Thanks

Again I am sorry for my bad reaction, I guess I am more in the dumps that I originally felt like I am. It's been a very hard near week for me.

Whoops, library lady said time's up! Gotta go!

Hey, Jesika! Thanks!

Neal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit