Hi Everyone! I'm homeless now!

by Yizuman 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Good luck Yiz! I hope everything works out for you :)

• Uzzah
    Uzzah
    By the way, someone at the front desk told me someone called and said he read about me on the internet and wanted to see if I am actually at the Missions. Guess someone wanted to make sure I'm not faking it.

Why that emoticon at the end? Why would it perturb you that someone would think to call and verify your story? In fact I'll admit it that it was me that called yesterday.

I was once gullible enough to believe the statements of a world religious printing organization. One major scam in my life is enough. Any thinking, semi-intelligent person is not about to send any financial aid to some anonymous person soliciting help on the Internet without checking the story and the facts first.

Your defensiveness and your expectation that people 'just believe you' simply sends off more warnings (my newly tuned BS Detector is pretty accurate) and discourages me from acting further.

Yes, I've confirmed that you are apparently staying at the Mission, but I have learned all too well that some people have put themselves into the position they complain about and no amount of charity is going to pull them out. It is up to them to do it.

From what you have posted up to now, your attitude and behavior has been your downfall, and yet again it has prevented someone who actually did want to help.

Sorry Yizuman, ya blew it.

Uzzah

• Scully
    Scully

Yizuman:

Sorry about your circumstances.

I don't know how close you are to a hospital, but they are always looking for people, and for the most part the pay is competitive. The hospital where I work pays $15/hr (Canadian$) to students to just clean patient rooms and make beds. You can have flexible hours that will allow you to work as much as you need to in order to get back on your feet, and you can also work shifts, so that your daytime hours are free to go looking for other work, if you decide to look for something else.

I hope you understand that not very many people are in a position to send financial assistance these days, as much as they would like to do so. For most of us, offering suggestions is the best way we can help. It may not give you any immediate relief, and will still require for you to put in some effort, but the best things in life are worth some effort, aren't they?? Certainly your self-esteem is worth investing in with some effort on your part.

Love, Scully

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Uzzah wrote: Why that emoticon at the end? Why would it perturb you that someone would think to call and verify your story? In fact I'll admit it that it was me that called yesterday.

Thanks for admittingn you called. So what were you thinking about when you called? What was your frame of mind?

I was once gullible enough to believe the statements of a world religious printing organization. One major scam in my life is enough. Any thinking, semi-intelligent person is not about to send any financial aid to some anonymous person soliciting help on the Internet without checking the story and the facts first.

You totally ignored the fact that I had posted my name, address and everything on the forum back in December for verfication and I even invited anyone to my former home. No one took up on it. Not even you.

Your defensiveness and your expectation that people 'just believe you' simply sends off more warnings (my newly tuned BS Detector is pretty accurate) and discourages me from acting further.

And your phone call to the missions tells me that you had doubts about my story and you had to verify it to be sure. You never left me any messages for me to read, which pretty much tells me something.

Yes, I've confirmed that you are apparently staying at the Mission, but I have learned all too well that some people have put themselves into the position they complain about and no amount of charity is going to pull them out. It is up to them to do it.

Oh like getting fired just for looking for a job is considered putting myself into my situation? That's a new one to me.

From what you have posted up to now, your attitude and behavior has been your downfall, and yet again it has prevented someone who actually did want to help.

Sorry Yizuman, ya blew it.

Well you blew it by remaining to be paranoid even after leaving the so called "truth" and I think this is something you never learned to shake it from, it's like a bad habit.

I'm sorry you don't believe anyone except yourself which is the impression I am getting from you, unless I am wrong, please correct me.

It must be lonely not trusting anyone or anything.

Neal

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    CrazyDrinker Wrote: Good luck Yiz! I hope everything works out for you :)

Thanks Crazy!

Neal

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Sorry about your circumstances.

I don't know how close you are to a hospital, but they are always looking for people, and for the most part the pay is competitive. The hospital where I work pays $15/hr (Canadian$) to students to just clean patient rooms and make beds. You can have flexible hours that will allow you to work as much as you need to in order to get back on your feet, and you can also work shifts, so that your daytime hours are free to go looking for other work, if you decide to look for something else.

I hope you understand that not very many people are in a position to send financial assistance these days, as much as they would like to do so. For most of us, offering suggestions is the best way we can help. It may not give you any immediate relief, and will still require for you to put in some effort, but the best things in life are worth some effort, aren't they?? Certainly your self-esteem is worth investing in with some effort on your part.

Love, Scully

Oh I understand and thank you for your concern. Well, I don't know the area where I am at very well, so I am trying to learn my way around Indianapolis, it's gonna take me a while. But when I do get a job, I plan to just rent a room where I can put in small things in for a while and then work on rebuilding my life. Just small steps before I get back into the big steps. Thanks Scully! Neal

• Jesika
    Jesika

I haven't been online in a couple days,

So, I am glad you let us know how you are doing and I wish you the best of luck. Taking small steps in a very good idea. Setting small goals and getting them done is a good way to motivate yourself and get out of depression.

I know things are hard, but this will be a learning and strengthening experience.

I wish you the best hon.

Love,

Jes

• ISP
    ISP

Hope it works out! You will be better off than some on this planet, I can assure you!

Keep ya chin up!

ISP

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Yiz.

Please understand that there are sorts of scams on the Internet. They all sound sincere on the surface and give you all sorts of information to "verify" the desperate status of the scammer. Usually, just by doing a bit of homework, the real truth is brought out.

Uzzah was just doing a bit of homework. Anybody can come on the internet and post a story of dispair such as yours and give all sorts of information, phone numbers, addresses, ect to verify. You posted all that sort of stuff in December. Why are you getting all pissy at Uzzah for just doing some homework before any hard earned cash is parted with? Same thing if someone is looking to invest money in stocks. You get a prospectus, look at the history of the stock, the company status, ect.

Yiz, many of us here were already fleeced both financially and emotionally by an organization. It has left a lot of us very skeptical. The world is full of deception. How can you fault someone like Uzzah from just doing a bit of homework to verify your story? What harm was done? Did it get you kicked out of the mission? Your attack on Uzzah was uncalled for.

For someone who chooses to post almost every aspect of their life on a public board, you sure are paranoid if someone attemps to verify your story. If you want help, you need to first remove that huge chip on your shoulder. You can't expect everyone to "just believe you" because you say so.

By the way, I see from the online newspapers in your area that White Castle is hiring all shifts starting at $7.00 per hour. Have you checked into that? At least it will be a start getting some dollars to roll in. You don't have to eat the stuff, but surly a person like yourself could work in the kitchen.

El K <------------of the "I wish we had a White Castle in this area" class.

PS: For those who don't know what White Castle's are, they are a hamburger chain located in various places around the USA. They are usually open 24-7 and serve little square hamburgers for about 39 cents each. Two or three bites is all that is required. They taste especially good about 2-3 in the morning after a few (ahem) libations. Unfortunatly, you pay for them in other ways. Over and over.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Neal, If I didn't have three children in such a small place, I'd offer you a room here. I do hope though that things get better for you soon.

WH

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit