Entire Ahmed alarm clock issue a smokescreen for Shariah law sneaking in the USA???

by EndofMysteries 64 Replies latest members politics

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Wasanelder Once: "The native inhabitants were robbed of their land."

Hear, hear! The Israelis claim to be besieged but they steal land in the middle of Palestinian territory to colonize it with villages. Why do they insist on building their kibbutz's in the middle of their enemies territory?

• little_Socrates
    little_Socrates

It doesn't have to be a real bomb. Just as if you pretend to have a bomb at an airport - the fact that you don't actually have a real bomb doesn't mean you haven't done something wrong. The lack of any evacuation isn't proof of anything, certainly not innocence.

No it doesn't have to be a real bomb. Anyone who carries any strange looking electronics through an airport should be scrutinized. Is there ANY evidence that suggests he was trying to hoax anyone?

As far as we know he always told the truth about what the device was. No one else was scared of the device (we know this for certainty because of no evacuations). I would understand the reaction if he claimed the device was a bomb. Who was scared of the device? I will grant you that his behavior that day seems strange by all reports that I have heard, so I think I would be okay with some kind of discipline given out by the school in accord with their own standards. However I still have to ask the question Why the heck was he arrested?

By the way.... since when are we okay with police interrogating minors? Did the child know his rights? Was he offered representation before being questioned?

• Simon
    Simon
    Is there ANY evidence that suggests he was trying to hoax anyone?

You mean, other than the hoax bomb that he refused to explain?

As far as we know he always told the truth about what the device was.

By all accounts he refused to say much, ratcheting up the issue rather than explaining.

No one else was scared of the device (we know this for certainty because of no evacuations). Who was scared of the device?

Again, a hoax / imitation bomb isn't scary when you know if it a fake but can instill fear and suspicion when you don't.

I would understand the reaction if he claimed the device was a bomb.

Having a device that looks like a bomb is a form of claim.

I will grant you that his behavior that day seems strange by all reports that I have heard, so I think I would be okay with some kind of discipline given out by the school in accord with their own standards.

Yes, he deserved to be punished for doing something dumb. He doesn't deserve to be rewarded.

However I still have to ask the question Why the heck was he arrested?

Having a fake bomb and refusing to explain himself. The "I invented a clock" is the backup claim to get him out of trouble. He didn't invent a clock, he made a fake bomb.

By the way.... since when are we okay with police interrogating minors? Did the child know his rights? Was he offered representation before being questioned?

A kid that old and supposedly "bright" (I've yet to see any evidence of that) should be able to explain himself. The accounts I've heard suggest he refused to explain himself which resulted in the police being called and even then he was uncooperative. I think a child that age can be questioned.

What about everyone else's rights? He wasn't randomly pulled out of class for being brown or Muslim as some media would have is believe. He brought the attention on himself and it looks more and more like it was intentional.

He certainly hasn't suffered from what he did.

• little_Socrates
    little_Socrates

It is interesting that you mentioned the Muslim component I haven't mentioned the racial/religious/ethnic aspects. The only reason we have heard about the case his because of his brown skin and Muslim religion. This case is about crazy over reaction from school officials and not race. Similar things happen to white kids all the time but it receives much less publicity. Check out this Article...

Josh Welch, a white Maryland kid with ADHD who was 7 years old when he was kicked out of school for chewing a Pop-Tart into the shape of a pistol and pretending to shoot other students with it, must be puzzled.

“I stand with Ahmed, too. But I also stand with Alex Stone,” noted Reason writer Robby Soave. Alex Stone, a 16-year-old white kid from Summerville, SC, wrote a short story in which he imagined using a gun to kill a dinosaur. For this his locker was searched and he was arrested, handcuffed, charged with “disorderly conduct” and suspended from school for three days.

How Ahmed’s clock became a false, convenient tale of racism

• JeffT
    JeffT

Wasanelder and Village Idiot: Are you Americans? If so when will you be moving back to wherever you came from so the people who were here first can have their country back?

I am very concerned that in the not too distant future somebody will get a bomb into a school by virtue of the fact that no one wants to stop it and be called racist.

• Simon
    Simon
    It is interesting that you mentioned the Muslim component I haven't mentioned the racial/religious/ethnic aspects. The only reason we have heard about the case his because of his brown skin and Muslim religion.

Exactly, that was the point I was making. This didn't happen because he was brown / Muslim but because he made what looked like a fake bomb and took it into school.

But we heard about it because the PC brigade went crazy because he was brown + Muslim ... which may have been the motivation for him doing it (going off circumstantial evidence, family, behavior etc).

This case is about crazy over reaction from school officials and not race. Similar things happen to white kids all the time but it receives much less publicity. Check out this Article...

No, it was not a "crazy over-reaction". They should do this every time.. I think they all deserve a commendation for having the guts to do the right thing - the real danger is when people are afraid to act because of the subject.

The only over-reaction is in the media and from Obama offering a visit to the Whitehouse as a reward for some idiot kid doing something idiotic.

• barry
    barry

Ahmed is being treated as a celebrity I suspect partly because he is muslim. This is crazy he is invited to the white house.

I hope you don't believe I'm being raciest here but most bombs are being triggered by muslims. Actually Islam is not a race a person can't join or leave a race.

I think the authorities did the right thing and they should be invited to the white house

• little_Socrates
    little_Socrates

having the guts to do the right thing

See this is what I don't understand.... NOBODY was EVER in any danger. No one was EVER scared. If you think there is even a 1% chance that he had a real bomb, you evacuate.

In my mind there are two requirements for a hoax device.... first the subject needs to intend to carry out a hoax. All the evidence for this is circumstantial. He never said he had a bomb. The second requirement is that some one IS hoaxed. This obviously didn't happen. NO ONE was fooled by this device. If there was even a slight fear of the device, you treat it as if it was real.

If ANY evidence surfaces that this kid had intent, I will re-evaluate my position.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

By all accounts he refused to say much, ratcheting up the issue rather than explaining.

Did he at any time claim it was or purposely lead anyone to believe it was a bomb?

If so I'm happy to change my opinion.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

If you think there is even a 1% chance that he had a real bomb, you evacuate

Correct, however people might have thought either

1. Ahmed's contraption was part of a bomb, or

2. Ahmed's contraption was a highly inappropriate prank that could have caused serious mental distress to students and teachers.

If either of these two scenarios is correct, evacuation would've been unnecessary, but the item would still have to be confiscated and Ahmed would still have to explain himself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit