Anthony Morris III: Jehovah Blesses Obedience

by wifibandit 91 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gayle
    Gayle
    Island man,, could you start a new thread about the annual meeting in 11 days,,anyone hearing any news, new light, damnations, new "decrees?"
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

11 days?! I haven't heard a peep about it!! Maybe they blew their wad on the silver sword and "domestics" dogma?? I mean, jeeze, what's historic about 101 years of Jesus ruling???

They finally had an actor portray Jesus after 100+ years. They could mention that, but it makes them seem like dicks.

DD

• Island Man
    Island Man
    "Island man,, could you start a new thread about the annual meeting in 11 days,,anyone hearing any news, new light, damnations, new "decrees?""

cappytan is on it.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    These guys on the governing body are drunk with power and they find themselves in a fix with all the issues that their denial has kept from them they don't know what to do except bang the obedience drum louder and louder and stay in their denial yes denial of the delusion that they are the chosen ones by Jehovah. Denial is a bitch that will bite you in the ass over and over again.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

freemindfade - "...Her response... 'The desert god wants obedient people, not good people'..."

If that wasn't a moment of clarity, I don't know what would be. (Did she actually say "desert god"?)

Reminds me of another little story about a BS conductor who lost his temper a bit during the comments, and blurted out, "I don't care what the Bible says, I care about what the Watchtower says!"

• Giordano
    Giordano
    I think this pretty much sums up the GB attitude: "So tenaciously should we cling to the world reveal by the Gospel, that were I to see all the Angels of Heaven coming down to me to tell me something different, not only would I not be tempted to doubt a single syllable, but I would shut my eyes and stop my ears, for they would not deserve to be either seen nor heard." (Luther, "Table Talk, 1687", quoted by Eric Hoffer on page 79, as an example of how doctrine and faith are taken as "more real" than reality.)
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Vidiot

No she didn't say that, I just avoid using the "J" word as much as possible.

I remember an elder in my hall 6 years ago saying at times from the stage even if somehow this wasn't the truth, there is no better way to live, or I would still be a witness. I thought it was messed up to say that then, now I would flip my lid.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

freemindfade - "I remember an elder in my hall 6 years ago saying at times from the stage 'even if somehow this wasn't the truth, there is no better way to live, or I would still be a witness'...."

Oh, jeezus, if I had a buck for every time I heard that...

x

Just as well, I suppose.

The older I got and the more often I heard it, the harder the sentiment was to believe, based on what I'd experienced and seen in ordinary, day-to-day life.

Eventually, I couldn't believe it at all, anymore.

• cappytan
    cappytan

Here's the thing that elder didn't pick up on: you can still live your life as "moral" as a JW without having to believe the bullshit.

I used to say the same thing myself, I'm embarrassed to say.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

cappytan - "Here's the thing that elder didn't pick up on: you can still live your life as 'moral' as a JW without having to believe the bullshit."

Ah, but therein lies the rub.

As far as JWs are concerned (even if they don't consciously realize it), it's not actually WT morality that gain's God's approval...

...it's WT affiliation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit