Will Ukraine win?

by Fisherman 94 Replies latest social current

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

Russians, Ukrainians and Belorussians are certainly related peoples. However, when Ukrainians speak a different language, and even use a different alphabet, it is a bit hard to believe the claim that they are the “same” people as Russians.

Also, intermarriage between people of different countries is not at all uncommon. I am guilty of that myself!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

No...at best Ukraine will be left in tatters so Putin can claim victory.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Good points, Rivergang.

But Russian and Ukrainian (and Belorussian) use the same alphabet - Cyrillic.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

Hi LUHE,

Both countries use slightly different forms of the Cyrillic alphabet. There are four characters in the Russian alphabet which don't appear in the Ukranian one, and conversely there are four characters in the Ukranian alphabet which don't appear in the Russian one.(This from a Ukranian work colleague, who is fluent also in Russian).

• waton
    waton

--win?

not if the many blessing ceremonies by the Orthodox priests for the 300 000+ new fighters have any possible positive effect.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Both countries use slightly different forms of the Cyrillic alphabet. There are four characters in the Russian alphabet which don't appear in the Ukranian one - yes, I know this.

All three languages use the same alphabet (Cyrillic).

German has four extra letters - umlaut over a, o and u, plus the letter ß (scharfes S).

German and English both use the same alphabet (Latin/Roman).

Simples.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

One little factoid I discovered yesterday that really surprised me is that Russia's economy is at the same level as Australia's. I assumed it was an economic power house with its natural resources, land mass and population.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

The Kremlin announced that it will hold a ceremony to mark the annexation of four regions in Ukraine, which are currently being fought for. I think they are digging in for the long haul. The western nations that are helping Ukraine will probably do the same.

So it now becomes a question of who breaks first: Will Russia run out of manpower before the west runs out of equipment or just get tired of pouring money into the war?

• waton
    waton
    four regions in Ukraine, which are currently being fought for. I think they are digging in for the long haul.

It will be very difficult to dislodge the Russian army from these conquered lands without international help on a totally different level. Like try to take a bone from a dog or grizzly, can be done. These are the resource - richest provinces, the main price catch.

The best time to get out of that region was before the start of the overlapping generations. left to overlap in safer places. Many Millionaire families now. .

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

Hi again, LUHE

Sufficient to say that Russian and Ukrainian are two completely different languages! (Albeit with a common origin).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit