Will Ukraine win?

by Fisherman 94 Replies latest social current

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

I was under the impression that it was going to be a short war, that Russia’s military would indeed subdue Ukraine’s forces quickly but that is not happening. Seems that Russia’s military power is much less than it’s reputed to be. No guess how it will all end.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

No, because ultimately Russia has nuclear weapons, and won’t accept defeat.

• waton
    waton

russian strategy: let the enemy in in September, after the harvest, then freeze, starve them in the deep winter, worked with Napolean, Hitler, did not work for the Russian advised Egyptians, not enough snow in the desert.

Russia is big and ruthless, but

who knows, Japan is still at war with Moscow, and might get their islands back, if the Kremlin has to bring its Vladi army westward as it did in 1942.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    ultimately Russia has nuclear weapons

So does the US and other world powers. Everybody on earth dies cuz Russia wants Ukraine? The Russian people and Russian high commanders don’t want to die either. Everything is possible but short of that, the war will end someway without nukes.

• Bartolomeo
    Bartolomeo

Everybody on earth dies cuz Russia wants Ukraine?

Russia does not want Ukraine, Russia does NOT want NATO bases just outside the door just like in 1962 the US did not want Russian missiles in Cuba

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Russia does not want Ukraine

I believe it does.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Bartolomeo,

Oh dear, now that worries me.

Does that mean that eventually Russia will want Norway, Estonia, Latvia and Poland (and possibly Finland if they join Nato) to relinquish Nato membership too?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    eventually Russia will want Norway…

If they can take back Alaska, they would too. You see, they are trying to take back Ukraine because they can. Ukraine is very desirable besides the bases—and very strategic. 1962 was all about the bases, US didn’t want Cuba. That is not the case with Ukraine.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The United States invades Iraq on the other side of the planet, under false pretences, and western opinion is: that was unfortunate, but we had the best of intentions.

Russia warns for decades about NATO expansion, and that Ukraine is absolutely a red line for them, and western opinion is: this is a complete shock, they won’t leave any other country in peace unless we stop them now.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I thought this had been going on since 2014?

Why has it suddenly become 'the current thing' that we must all follow like sheep?

A smokescreen for something else?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit