Babylon the Great

by Godlyman 121 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Hi Fisherman, nice that you are at least interested in the Bible and the Revelation book and try to understand this and thanks Godlyman for bringing up this subject.

Fisherman, do you really have evidence that the false religions of the world control the governments? And do you really have evidence that the business world get their wealth from religions? I can't see that. Look at China, I can't see that their communistic party has been governed by religion when they have suppressed religion. I can't see how the car industry or oil industry or the housing industry or the food industry has become rich from religion.

Babylon the Great must be something else. The clue verse in the Bible explaining what is Babylon the Great is Revelation 17:18. It says: 18 And the woman whom you saw means the great city that has a kingdom over the kings of the earth.”

In fact there is a city today that leads the world. In the past it has been other great cities. But today it is New York. There is no other city so influential as New York in our time, much due to the Rockefeller foundation. And the spiritistic Masonic Lodges world leaders belong to.

I welcome to check my website for more information on the Revelation book. There you can find commentaries to each chapter in the Revelation book. And if you like the content you are welcome to replicate that or translate that as you wish. I would only be happy if the knowledge would spread widely around.

https://www.comejesus.net/comments-to-revelation-17

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Good grief 🤦‍♂️

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Sorry guys but it is all just nonsense, pure and simple.

RB

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Greetings Kosonen!

Of course , Revelation says it’s a mystery and doesn’t disclose her identity— but if the shoe fits…. Another hint the book gives is “her spiritistic practices” so that wouldn’t imply pure worship.

There are only 2 candidates described in the Bible fitting the bill: secular and religious. Since Daniel and Armageddon describes world rulers suffering a different fate, it seems to be religious.

• blondie
    blondie

May 2022 WT p. 13-14 Ancient Babylon was a center of false worship. So, then, Babylon the Great must represent all forms of false worship. In fact, she is the world empire of false religion.​

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Kosenen:

Hi Fisherman, nice that you are at least interested in the Bible and the Revelation book and try to understand this and thanks Godlyman for bringing up this subject.

It seems that your basis for determining that someone is ‘interested’ in the subject is actually that they insist it has some supernatural meaning.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Fisherman:

There are only 2 candidates described in the Bible fitting the bill: secular and religious.

Entirely wrong. There is actually exactly one meaning for the ‘city that has a kingdom over other kings’ that was relevant to first century Christians. Rome. Their superstitions were wrong, and people like you, Kosenen and Watch Tower have been making up excuses ever since.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete
    Ancient Babylon was a center of false worship. So, then, Babylon the Great must represent all forms of false worship.

That's about as silly as anything ever said by them. Babylon was a city, the capitol of a short-lived but significant empire. It's religious practices were no more "false" than that of any empire before or after them. Of course some Jewish writers hated the empire for what it had done, at the same time most Jews living in Babylon stayed there and thrived.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/the-babylonian-jewish-community

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Rome

Rome did not suffer the fate of BTH therefore not Rome.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Fisherman:

Rome did not suffer the fate of BTH therefore not Rome.

The fact that a superstitious belief did not eventuate is not evidence that it 'really' means 'something that will still happen in the future'. They were just wrong, and that's all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit