Babylon the Great

by Godlyman 121 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Fisherman:

For example, the image in Daniel refers to all political empires.

Wrong. The image in Daniel represents Babylon, Persia, Greece (Macedonia) and the competing Ptolemaic and Seleucid dynasties up until Antiochus IV.

• waton
    waton

babylon the great had doctrine right, was wt wrong. from 1929 to ~1960. see Superior Authorities. Empirical evidence that

WT BELONGS TO THE EmPIRE OF FALSE [TEACHINGS] RELIGIONS

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Once you ignore the text's own explanation you are free to reinterpret them anyway you want. Generally the "harlot" has been identified with the enemies of the groups doing the interpreting, real or imagined. I've seen Jerusalem, the Pope, Napoleon, and Mohamed identified as the "harlot".

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Wrong

Maybe not but immaterial.

“In the days of those kings the God of heaven…”And don’t forget the stone from heaven that strikes the feet of the image and not one empire or kingdom or whatever you like to call that world empire. That didn’t happen. The destruction of Babylon didn’t happen either. The point that I was replying to in your remark was WT choice of words to describe false religion aka the world empire of false religion vis-à-vis the political image in Daniel’s book which has a different fate than BTG.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

🤦‍♂️ It didn’t happen because their religious superstitions were unfounded. As are yours.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

The WT leadership is again not being original or unique in their interpretation. Protestants have labeled the Roman Catholic Church as the Harlot for hundreds of years, (ironically because the real target the Roman empire no longer exists) The WT shared that doctrine. Then around the time of the birth of Adventism/Millennialism (late 1800s) the individual sects widely identified all Christendom (apart from themselves of course) as the Harlot. The WT was actually late to adopt that teaching.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    It didn’t happen because their religious superstitions were unfounded. As are yours.

Scripture says so. Not me.

But again that is immaterial. The subject is: what does BTG symbolize, and that her identity as “world empire of false religion” is plausible.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

And… you’re still wrong. Not even plausible.

• Godlyman
    Godlyman

As I have mentioned before, Religion does "NOT" have rulership of the kings of the world, or the nations as we know them to be.

The merchants of the earth have become rich through the abundance of her luxury.” Every shipmaster, all who travel by ship, sailors, and as many as trade on the sea, stood at a distance and cried out when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, ‘What is like this great city?’

It is obvious that those that trade on the sea are those that import and export certain goods. World economy is based upon sales of goods, and many have died by the hands of those nations that war over territories and such, that are plentiful with resources. Is it possible that Covid, which affected the entire world economy, is punishment from God against the Harlot? I have been pondering over this for quite some time.

Estephan

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Is it possible that Covid, which affected the entire world economy, is punishment from God against the Harlot? I have been pondering over this for quite some time.

🤦‍♂️

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit