Babylon the Great

by Godlyman 121 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

WT interpretation is quite logical because she is a political consort and could not also be political herself, and the blood of all the prophets & her drunkenness with blood of the prophets or the holy ones past present and future would obviously not fit Rome but as WT explains remarkably and a bitter pull to swallow, it can only apply to false religion for child sacrifice, the mur$er of JC, inquisition, behind persecution…. etc. An old girl that the kings don’t need or desire anymore. It is also consistent with the Bible pattern of how God punishes religion with the kings attacking her

One way or another with or without empirical evidence from God, the religion era in human history will come to an end.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Fisherman:

WT interpretation is quite logical because she is a political consort and could not also be political herself

Haha. So very obviously wrong. The Roman Empire was explicitly a city with a kingdom over other kings. Compare Revelation 17:18.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Compare Revelation 17:18.

Rev 17:5 Describes the woman. Religion particularly the symbolic wife of God such as Jerusalem is personified as woman.

It makes sense to me. I don’t want to win an argument or have the last word here. I think wt is correct. I come to the same conclusion on my own. It is false religion at its treacherous corrupt practices and it us so ironic what happens to her. And this is a global event involving all mankind's history not just the puny Romans in comparison. She is in bed with the kings of the earth. Sounds like religion to me. But believe as you wish. I’m convinced.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete
    the blood of all the prophets & her drunkenness with blood of the prophets or the holy ones past present and future would obviously not fit Rome

You've added a few word's not in the text.

And I saw the woman being drunk with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus..............And in her blood of prophets and of saints was found and of all those having been slain on earth.

A pretty apt description of the most powerful, extensive and ruthless empires the ancient world ever knew, especially from the perspective of a Christian bitter over recent bouts of persecution under Domitian.

• Godlyman
    Godlyman

I believe that Babylon the Great represents the world economy, not the Empire of False Religion. How does religion rule over the kings of the earth? No world leader listens to any specific religion when making a decision to war against another nation or country.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

all of those having been slain on earth.

Doesnt describe Rome. Also, is was Religion that wanted Jesus killed and was behind Jesus being turned over to Pilate. —Religion throughout the centuries past present and future is responsible for the bloodshed. Do the math.

with whom the kings of the earth committed sexual immorality

Rome was also one of the kings of the earth and like the other kings had sex with this woman. This is obvious.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

🤦‍♂️

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

And let's not forget that anyone who dares to have the audacity to visit/join another church makes themselves part of the most reprehensible part of Babylon the Great, otherwise known as the great whore of Babylon.

And if that isn't enough to deter you, we'll make sure your family never speaks to you again.

Part 1 APOSTATE JERUSALEM is the WHORE of BABYLON By Benfrancis ...

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Your objection is overly literal. Compare how Daniel 7 describes a fourth beast as devouring and crushing the whole earth. This represented Greece (Christians say Rome). Either way the description is from a perspective of someone unaware of the western hemisphere and far East.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Fisherman:

Rome was also one of the kings of the earth and like the other kings had sex with this woman. This is obvious.

Gotta love JW 'logic'. A 'woman' that is acknowledged to be metaphorical (and which is explicitly identified as a city with a kingdom over other kings matching Rome's relationship to its client kingdoms) 'must' 'literally' be 'having sex' with 'all the kings' which 'obviously includes Rome' (though the passage doesn't say 'all' nor does it specify Rome as one of the kings). 🤦‍♂️But when the Bible directly states, in a passage that Christians consider to be literal that Jesus will be above "all things" (Colossians 1:16-17), JWs feel the need to insert the word "other", which does not appear in the original text. What a joke. 🤣

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit