Babylon the Great

by Godlyman 121 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

TD

Thanks for sharing the interesting commentary. You made reference to this before in a previous post. John is not disputed to be the writer and if that is true, there is an obvious difference in style when reading Revelation in English compared to his other books even without analyzing and comparing his use of Greek words. The English translation reader would obviously have to believe the commentator on John’s Greek but would still believe Revelation is inspired based on the internal substance of the book and would not think the anomaly you describe is relevant given the subject matter and uniqueness of the book which ties in all books of the bible together (from a Christological point of view). Maybe John ate too many boloney sandwiches in prison or drank a couple of beers before writing the book but the Bible author who caused the sun and moon to (appear to?) stand still could turn whatever John wrote into inspired. The premise is “inspired”. If the premise fall apart, everything is junk.

Isn't that a circular prior assumption of your own viewpoint?

I think I also posted that BTG was not destroyed in the manner described in Rev, therefore, it hasn’t been destroyed yet. My point is that if the Bible isn’t inspired then BTG doesn’t have to be destroyed or doesn’t have to be destroyed in the manner described in Revelation but looking at the book as if it is inspired, BTG has not been destroyed as described in Revelation.

Respectfully,

Fisherman

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Fisherman:

but looking at the book as if it is inspired

If you want to start with that premise, provide direct evidence that a deity exists and that it is the one you prefer, and also provide a definition and evidence of a specific mechanism for ‘inspiration’. Also clearly indicate the different specific mechanism involved in being ‘spirit directed’.

Until you do that, your tedious circular reasoning is entirely irrational.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit