Change would allow them to distance themselves from teachings like

"The generation of 1914 will not die"

"No Blood"

That was a teaching of Jehovah's Witnesses

but we are------"Worshippers of Jehovah."

We're different.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I gotta hand it to them, whether or not this is true, they have done a pretty good job of migrating cult members into a different religion. Couldn't this be one of the strongest cases for those choosing to stay in as brainwashed?
  • steve2
    steve2

Perhaps not a formal change in itself - but instead greater preparedness to extend names to call themselves.

Even now, official correspondence is addressed to Christian congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not a formal change but suggests some flexibility in how they refer to themselves.

• trevor
    trevor

Mmm... how about JW.org Standing for Jehovah's Watchtower; after all the original purpose of The Watchtower was to look ahead and see in advance what was going to happen. They screwed-up with that plan - big time.

Perhaps this is why The Watchtower is so small now; less room for mistakes. Still, optimism is a positive emotion.

• Giordano
    Giordano

The biggest mistake they ever made was branding themselves as Jehovah's Witnesses. It was a mistake because they still have to add Jehovah GOD when witnessing because people still don't know who he/ she/ it/ is.

Jesus referred to his Jewish God as Father or Lord. This keeps it non specific. Instead of that and focusing their attention on Jesus ....... Jehovah has been turned into a household pet. The only thing we know about him is what bible writers have made up. At least with Jesus we have some idea of what he actually might have said if indeed he was real.

But no they couldn't have called themselves Christian Witnesses....... something easily understood. They wanted their own god and they got what they wanted.

Jehovah finds where a pipe is leaking and leads us to it. Jehovah is sad because little Johnny wants to play with fantasy toys. Older brother Tommy is making Jehovah Sad because he's been missing service and worse he's been spanking his monkey at night.

Pew labels them the dumbest religion in first world educated countries. And while their are probably worse they are failures as witnesses.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

They want to distance themselves from all these dates they have published about for theend of the world and set some new dates more future and so a name change will set the ball in motion for a move away from 1914 and all those other ones.

Maybe getting ready for Kingdom Hall sell-off's and the need to congregate to get ecouraged to sell cheap ugly literature now that printing is down sizing because of profitablity.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Change would allow them to distance themselves from teachings like
    "The overlapping generation of 1914 will not die"
    "No Blood but fractions ok"
    That was a teaching of "Worshippers of Jehovah
    but we are------"INSERT NEW BRAND NAME HERE"
    We're different.

Yeah...and then.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    If the end game is to distance themselves from their past. It would have to go with Jesus Christian witnesses..it seems they are using the term Christian's more as opposed to modern day worshippers of Jehovah in the wt
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Worshippers of Jehovah, or Jehovah's Worshippers, is still a funky, awkward, late 1800's or early 1900's sounding name. If they were going to change their name, they should start over.
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

German-speakers can reveal the other changes presented.

Jehovah's Witnesses there will be no more Everything will change Gatto 9 July 2015 The Kingdom Ministry of September 2015 is published , I realized that the box " Outstanding aspects of sermon service " has disappeared . So the growth data is now actually not exactly comforting ? They had already removed the monthly report with all exact dates and had replaced it with a unverifiable comment , now they have it completely removed - hm .

I correct myself . In Kingdom Ministry in English of the box , but there is , in the Italian language is not - funny. Berto July 13, 2015 Good Morning. I know most of my life a brother , very spiritually-minded , an anointed missionary , he personally knows some of the Governing Body , ie one who could possibly these include time itself . He is not in Italy . Recently, he has joyfully laughing something told me that I did not know whether he was joking or whether I should sit down and cry. He said , Look At JW.org

the books, the magazines on, everything we have published in the past few years and for whom we have published it. Ultimately, we only produce material for families. For the WTG, the preacher of the 20th century, you automatically deactivate the reputation of the tutors (according to him the future name of the preacher with the trolley) of JW.org. One no longer preach the Kingdom, helping the families. The end, when it will come, it will come halt. Immediately after the completion of Warwick, we will change the name (so he said) in organizing the worshipers of Jehovah (Yahweh Worshipers Organisation, abbreviated JW.org ). All think it's just the name of the site. They did not get it (so he thought), why they publish this on so exaggerated way: it is our new name (as he thinks). The Watchtower will be replaced in his opinion gradually through the Christian congregation of Jehovah's worshipers (Christian Congregation of Jehovah Worshipers). The Watchtower Library will be replaced by the JW-Library (which will not contain any publication before 2000) and there will be prompted to destroy all copies (that seems already obvious). It is only a magazine style Young People Ask publish - as he said.

The public lectures will be replaced by means of observations live from JW Broadcasting in the halls ( which is quasi already handled ) . In his opinion, this whole move of the headquarters only has the purpose to create a distance to what the Jehovah's Witnesses , to raise up the organization of the worshipers of Jehovah out of the ashes and forgetting 1914 generation . So to speak, " the not we have said , these were the Jehovah's Witnesses . We are something else entirely. " All these appointments , changes and so prepare the ground just before the big announcement . He wants to escape , has said that he does not participate since . If he wanted to take me in his arms ? I do not know why I wanted to tell you that, but I had to tell it to anyone . It's too much , to keep it for me .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit